O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

It's my birthday on Tuesday. 

I'm not posting this for the memes or the cards, I'm not even fussed if I don't get a birthday thread.

What I would like is 3 points.

You see the thought of waking up on Tuesday following a defeat and a day of reading the forum fills me with dread, in fact I'm seriously considering drafting in emergency recruits to the moderating team so I can stay in bed and wake up Wednesday.

I can write last night off as a bad job, difficulty in breaking down what was a well organised Millwall 2 banks of 4. It happens, 10 years in the Championship I'm used to it, yes I'm disappointed, frustrated and I'm sure you are too.

Whilst I would love a performance and a result I'm not greedy, just a result will do, injury time corner flying in off Ben Osborn's backside, that would be enough, 1-0 thanks a lot and back down the A52 too blow raspberries at those lot.

You see as much as we demand performances, performances mean little without the 3 points at the end.

If you want to play Bryson and Nugent, play Bryson and Nugent, I'm really no fussed as long as Monday night we come away with those 3 points. 

For what it's worth I always thought you were a far better player than Steven Gerrard who should have stayed on the bench for England. 

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, a win here and our season could be back on track. Hope we got back to a back 4.

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole 

Huddlestone Johnson

Waghorn Wilson Lawrence

Marriott. 

Not sure any of the central midfielders are playing well at the moment. If we're as uninspiring as yesterday we might need a goal out of the blue to get anything, so i'd play Lawrence. Not confident but you never know with these. 

12 hours ago, McLovin said:

Does anyone else think that we need some experience in the back room staff alongside Lampard to help him? Lampard, Morris and Given are all novices at this level and seem lost on what they need to do during game situations.

No ! They've got enough experience in the game between them ! If they all aspire to be top coaches they don't need someone holding there hand ! This is nothing more than a mere blip ! 

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The time has come for me to step forward into the match thread breach. This game against the gumps arrives at the perfect time for us. We need a moment, or a match, to kickstart our season and the final playoff push. Lady luck smiles and finally casts her gaze down onto the Rams. How we have missed her. But she has scheduled this game for us just when we needed it most. Not just a game. A DERBY.

The time has come for the players to stand up and be counted.

This is the match when, if we truly want to be promoted, we take all our frustrations out on our neighbours, show them the joyous football we were playing earlier in the campaign and brush them aside as the inconsequential also-rans and wannabees that they'll always be.

This is the game when the season turns. When we begin the march up the table that ends with victory at Wembley Stadium on a glorious 27th May Bank Holiday afternoon.

Are you with me? As fans do we keep the faith? Do we stand by our team? Do we sing with one voice? This is not a game for the faint-hearted. For those fickle enough to cry "meltdown" and turn on the team they claim to love. No! This is the game when if being a supporter means anything we start to believe again. When fans and team and management and owners are united as one, for only when we are together, shall we prevail.

Together, we can win this. Together, we are Derby. Together, the gumps will look upon us and be sore afraid. And we shall taste their fear and find it to our liking. Oh yes indeed.

Come on you Rams!

PS What do you guys think?

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

12 hours ago, McLovin said:

Does anyone else think that we need some experience in the back room staff alongside Lampard to help him? Lampard, Morris and Given are all novices at this level and seem lost on what they need to do during game situations.

Harry redknapp ?

I was really annoyed last night at the performance Derby put out, but after a night's kip and some fresh thoughts I'm feeling positive. Read this morning on the DT Frank saying "I'm Derby manager, and we're working hard every game here... My focus was absolutely on Millwall and will remain the same for Nottingham Forest" making it clear his job is here at Derby.

Form means absolutely nothing in these games. Hopefully have Mount back then I hope for a scrappy 0-1 win to us and a long-awaited change in performances thereafter.

Roos; Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Cole; Sibley, Bird, Johnson; Holmes, Marriott, Wilson.

The only big problem area is midfield. I’ve seen nothing all season in Bryson or Huddlestone to suggest they deserve their places. I don’t rate Evans based on limited viewing. I can’t believe we moved out Thorne and Butters to bring in a shot Andy King. And with Mount unavailable we are struggling for options. 

Therefore, give a couple of kids a chance. Sibley is going to be some player so give him his chance. Bird is no worse than the highly paid failures we picked in there last night. 

49 minutes ago, David said:

Not the game to be throwing two kids that have never started for the first team into midfield. Mad man, bonkers, nuts, step away from the gin.

no it isn't the right game, but it does rather beg the question around strategy.

Surely Frank needs to take a look at the most promising youngsters in a first team environment before the end of the season in order to finalise plans for the summer and next season. he could have chosen a cup tie (shot to nothing) but didn't. So when would be the right time? Do we keep limping on whilst there is an ever decreasing mathematical probability of finishing in the play-offs, do we roll the dice and pick a so-called "winnable" game and put one in, do we start now by bringing them onto the bench, do we chuck em in to a game we think we have no chance in anyway?

Or do we give new contracts to bryso and thuds and ask Chelsea whether young mason and fik fancy another season?

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

no it isn't the right game, but it does rather beg the question around strategy.

Surely Frank needs to take a look at the most promising youngsters in a first team environment before the end of the season in order to finalise plans for the summer and next season. he could have chosen a cup tie (shot to nothing) but didn't. So when would be the right time? Do we keep limping on whilst there is an ever decreasing mathematical probability of finishing in the play-offs, do we roll the dice and pick a so-called "winnable" game and put one in, do we start now by bringing them onto the bench, do we chuck em in to a game we think we have no chance in anyway?

Or do we give new contracts to bryso and thuds and ask Chelsea whether young mason and fik fancy another season?

We keep challenging for a place in the top 6 whilst mathematically possible and look to play the best team we have possible regardless of their contract situation even if it sees us crawl over the line. 

The season isn’t finished despite what you might read on here and Twitter, 2 points outside the top 6 and 14 to play, hardly the time to throw in the towel and use the remaining games as open trials for the U23 players.

Next season is next season, Frank will have pre season to take a look and if he feels they look ready I’m sure they will be involved, as Jayden Bogle has shown this season.

As for why we didn’t use the cup opportunity’s, clearly Frank wanted to put out a strong team and go on a cup run, which makes sense to boost the transfer kitty for the summer when funds were tight. 

Apparently we have held the Brian Clough Trophy for over a 1000 days in a row at the moment if Wikipedia is to be believed. Even with our many managers over the past few years we at least seem to be able to avoid defeat in this fixture, so  I am going for a 0-0 draw in this one. Its been a while since Forest were this close to us in a season though.

15 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Forest could potentially be nine points behind the play-off spots come kick-off, ourselves six. The biggest East Midlands Derby in years, played between two teams that look incredibly out-of-soughts and unable to string wins or performances together. 

Are Forest out of sorts, because they aren't fighting a relegation battle this year?

Over 3 years. 58 players signed. 5 managers sacked. All just to be *almost* within sniffing distance of transitional rams side with a rookie manager.

João Carvalho
Lewis Grabban
El Arbi Hillel Soudani
Tobias Figueiredo
Michael Hefele
Jack Robinson
Alexander Milosevic
Michael Dawson
Panagiotis Tachtsidis
Luke Steele
Gil Dias
Diogo Gonçalves
Costel Pantilimon
Yohan Benalouane
Sam Byram
Saidy Janko
Molla Wagué
Léo Bonatini
Pelé
Claudio Yacob
Karim Ansarifard
Daryl Murphy
Liam Bridcutt
Tendayi Darikwa
Jason Cummings
Barrie McKay
Ben Watson
Liam Bossin
Andreas Bouchalakis
Kieran Dowell
Stefanos Kapino
Adlène Guédioura
Adam Federici
Joe Lolley
Lee Tomlin
Jack Colback
Ashkan Dejagah
Juan Rafael Fuentes
Zach Clough
Apostolos Vellios
Licá
Damien Perquis
Thomas Lam
Lewis Walters
Armand Traoré
Stephen Henderson
Mustapha Carayol
Gboly Ariyibi
Pajtim Kasami
Ross McCormack
João Teixeira
Aaron Tshibola
Nicolao Dumitru
Hildeberto
Vladimir Stojkovic
Nicklas Bendtner
Federico Macheda
Bojan Jokic

2 hours ago, David said:

We keep challenging for a place in the top 6 whilst mathematically possible and look to play the best team we have possible regardless of their contract situation even if it sees us crawl over the line. 

The season isn’t finished despite what you might read on here and Twitter, 2 points outside the top 6 and 14 to play, hardly the time to throw in the towel and use the remaining games as open trials for the U23 players.

Next season is next season, Frank will have pre season to take a look and if he feels they look ready I’m sure they will be involved, as Jayden Bogle has shown this season.

As for why we didn’t use the cup opportunity’s, clearly Frank wanted to put out a strong team and go on a cup run, which makes sense to boost the transfer kitty for the summer when funds were tight. 

and that is rather the point - we don't know what it is and we keep trotting out what we hope is the best and they are currently repeatedly coming up short. So.…..stick or twist?

Archived