O'Nottingham Forest vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Absolutely. 

Wasn't a massive fan of Nige's outlook on football but he'll always hold a dear place in my heart for the calls of play on when Forest's player was down badly injured. Shithousery at it's finest. Gareth Roberts to Jamie Ward and the rest is history. 

People give Camp loads of grief but his fake attempt to save Ward’s shot is the all the proof I need that he’s a Ram at heart. 

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Absolutely. 

Wasn't a massive fan of Nige's outlook on football but he'll always hold a dear place in my heart for the calls of play on when Forest's player was down badly injured. Shithousery at it's finest. Gareth Roberts to Jamie Ward and the rest is history. 

It’s a day I’ll never forget... we don’t get many good days but that was up there as the best!

11 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

As much as I like that game surely any video against them lot has to be the legendary 10 men? I watch it every time before we play them, it’s lrobably my favourite ever game.

I’m sure when Hendricks goal goes in, you can see a Derby fan celebrating with a brolly - a sort of dig at Mac. Wasn’t it his last game for them?

Just now, Ramslad1992 said:

Got me so excited so much for Monday night I’ve got a semi! We played awful tonight but we could be on a 100 game losing streak and I could watch that and feel confident of beating them. ?

I’ll take your word for the first bit but fingers crossed for the latter!

Sweet dreams!!

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The time has come for me to step forward into the match thread breach. This game against the gumps arrives at the perfect time for us. We need a moment, or a match, to kickstart our season and the final playoff push. Lady luck smiles and finally casts her gaze down onto the Rams. How we have missed her. But she has scheduled this game for us just when we needed it most. Not just a game. A DERBY.

The time has come for the players to stand up and be counted.

This is the match when, if we truly want to be promoted, we take all our frustrations out on our neighbours, show them the joyous football we were playing earlier in the campaign and brush them aside as the inconsequential also-rans and wannabees that they'll always be.

This is the game when the season turns. When we begin the march up the table that ends with victory at Wembley Stadium on a glorious 27th May Bank Holiday afternoon.

Are you with me? As fans do we keep the faith? Do we stand by our team? Do we sing with one voice? This is not a game for the faint-hearted. For those fickle enough to cry "meltdown" and turn on the team they claim to love. No! This is the game when if being a supporter means anything we start to believe again. When fans and team and management and owners are united as one, for only when we are together, shall we prevail.

Together, we can win this. Together, we are Derby. Together, the gumps will look upon us and be sore afraid. And we shall taste their fear and find it to our liking. Oh yes indeed.

Come on you Rams!

PS What do you guys think?

Shakespearean? Churchill-like?

This will be an interesting game. Sink or swim for both teams. As for picking a team, god only knows! I couldn't pick a midfield from what we have... Wilson at the moment resembles Connor Doyle only with potential of a left foot. Huddlestone ranges from excellent to liability. Bryson lacking in any substance or impact whatsoever. Holmes is the only one I'm confident in at the moment, even though he isn't setting the world alight. Evans, Johnson? I don't know. 

Forest are also the dirtiest team in the league, leading the pile in both yellow and red cards. I'd imagine their 'tactics' will involve their players looking to hurt some of the younger lads on our team, perhaps the defence as they know one injury is more than enough for us to have to change system. 

Forest could potentially be nine points behind the play-off spots come kick-off, ourselves six. The biggest East Midlands Derby in years, played between two teams that look incredibly out-of-soughts and unable to string wins or performances together. 

58 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Shakespearean? Churchill-like?

Or perhaps inspired by President Thomas Whitmore's classic call to arms in Independence Day that I posted in The Pub's "Classic movie scenes" thread? 

We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish without a fight. We're going to live on. We're going to survive. Today we celebrate... victory over the gumps. 

But I'll take Shakespeare or Churchill. ?Whitmore was meant to be emulating the St Crispin's Day speech in Henry V. 

I think this game will all depend on which Forest turn up.

Will it be the Forest who can match the best sides in the division on their day? This season, they have wins over Leeds, Boro and Sheff Utd, and creditable draws at ours, Leeds, WBA and Norwich - all games they could have actually won.

Or will it be the Forest that have inspired so many laughing chimp moments?

Since we are fast becoming a struggling midtable team, have terrible away form and look totally bereft of hope and confidence and odds on for a massive defeat, you know what’s going to happen, don’t you?

Forest 0-1 Derby, and our safety from relegation secured. Thanks Forest. ?

Not going to even try and predict the score for this one.

Not overly confident in our lads or management right now, cant see what they work on in training or what the game plan is. I hope we can turn up for once in a long time but are our players strong enough to do that? With the atmosphere and surroundings at the CG i fear we may become over whelmed like at leeds and it has a Millwall feel to things when we play away at Forest as the fans can make it very hostile. We need to be brave for 95 mins and create chances. Not expecting much but hoping for the best. COYR

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The time has come for me to step forward into the match thread breach. This game against the gumps arrives at the perfect time for us. We need a moment, or a match, to kickstart our season and the final playoff push. Lady luck smiles and finally casts her gaze down onto the Rams. How we have missed her. But she has scheduled this game for us just when we needed it most. Not just a game. A DERBY.

The time has come for the players to stand up and be counted.

This is the match when, if we truly want to be promoted, we take all our frustrations out on our neighbours, show them the joyous football we were playing earlier in the campaign and brush them aside as the inconsequential also-rans and wannabees that they'll always be.

This is the game when the season turns. When we begin the march up the table that ends with victory at Wembley Stadium on a glorious 27th May Bank Holiday afternoon.

Are you with me? As fans do we keep the faith? Do we stand by our team? Do we sing with one voice? This is not a game for the faint-hearted. For those fickle enough to cry "meltdown" and turn on the team they claim to love. No! This is the game when if being a supporter means anything we start to believe again. When fans and team and management and owners are united as one, for only when we are together, shall we prevail.

Together, we can win this. Together, we are Derby. Together, the gumps will look upon us and be sore afraid. And we shall taste their fear and find it to our liking. Oh yes indeed.

Come on you Rams!

PS What do you guys think?

You are drunk or smoking something bad!

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Tomori

Tomori Tomori Tomori Tomori

Tomori

Tomori Tomori

Tomori Tomori Tomori

Only one with any strength and balls to do anything. Not like that non existent pussy midfield who wouldn’t know creativity if it smacked them in the face.

I'd probably go with Roos in goal and Keogh at CB but, apart from that, I'd go along with your proposed team. 

Archived