Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

16 minutes ago, Derbydave96 said:

Good team by the looks! Johnson the only surprise, but he's been good at CDM in the past so why not! Chance for him to show what he's got, hopefully he does well. 

Rest of the team looks to have good balance, feel a win here!

Hes been a complete mixed bag in the CDM role 

let’s not muck about 

hes gone from one end of the spectrum to the other... and back again 

which basically is why he’s not suitable for it in any play off chasing side over the course of a season 

consistency 

lets hope it’s good Bradley tonight 

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Coconut said:

He was good but not worthy of such hyperbole. Playing out of his skin would involve ahigh workload with a lot of defending to do. He was comfortbale against a team who's midfield offered very little and afforded him the freedom of the park, he didn't really need to get out of 2nd gear.

(and other sporting cliches).

Exactly this.

Still, Bradley Johnson FFS.

Adding a bit of bite to midfield?

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Happens every matchday thread now days. Team news is released and some people disagree with it, so proceed to discuss it, as the forum is intended for. Next thing you know Noble Neil comes along to shoot you down for dare having doubts with the lineup ?

Apologies if I came across as trying to shut down discussion. I too get annoyed when there seems to be no room for any form of criticism. It just gets my hackles up when people absolutely slate the team selection without thinking about why the decisions may have been made. 

I'm also grouchy when I'm sat watching the game on my laptop as opposed to being pissed out of my head in the away end.

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

arrived in Ipswich half an hour ago , seen a few Rams fans already , in the pub , beer and an all day breakfast in front of me , really looking forward to game , hoping we have learnt our lesson from earlier in season and approach this game in the proper manner , grab the game by the scruff of the neck from the start , take our chances and the points are ours , good luck to Frank and the boys COYR

Breakfast at 5pm?

@BurtonRam7 would be so proud. ?

4 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Anybody watching through ramsTV tonight? This is all I’m getting? 

03B25A84-9612-4618-BDE0-2E2DA1717B86.png

just refresh it should eventually work - mines working.

the streaming provider provides a shambolic service but when it works its good quality no buffering

4 minutes ago, superzak said:

Frank will be ZZ understudy in the summer ...maybe

Don't be daft, like he'd leave to work elsewhere under someone else.

He's Derby till he ain't, and he will not be someone else's understudy.

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Apologies if I came across as trying to shut down discussion. I too get annoyed when there seems to be no room for any form of criticism. It just gets my hackles up when people absolutely slate the team selection without thinking about why the decisions may have been made. 

I'm also grouchy when I'm sat watching the game on my laptop as opposed to being pissed out of my head in the away end.

Nah wasn't at you. I agreed with your point about Huddlestone and him not being dropped but instead rested, even if my 'benching' post was interpreted as dropped. I've not posted much on here for a while but still read matchday threads and more often than not I disagree with the complaints around the lineup pre-game, but still don't like how the posters are often called out because they're seen as moaning. The world would be a boring place if everyone agreed with each other all of the time ?

24 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not surprised logic escapes you, but for what worth I suspect Frank has an eye for Saturday. He probably thinks that a winnable tie, and wants to keep Thud and Bryson’s legs fresh for that game (with King cup tied). We have a good squad - Johnson needs to play a few games, and deserves his rehabilitation if he has worked hard in training.  I don’t care what the team is tonight, nor really too much how we play. A win tonight, and another on Saturday, will do for me. COYR!!

I do realise that, I’m not an idiot, I’m saying that that’s the wrong call. Should take each game as it comes, dont ever agree with resting players unless they’re actually tired, pre resting players when they’re fit enough to play the game at hand isn’t something I agree with. Play the best team you have fit for the game at hand to give yourself the best chance of winning that one. Worry about the next game when it comes around and maybe rest the odd player then because they’ll genuinely be tired. 

FWIW regardless I don’t think huddlestone needs resting anyway, the sort of lowe energy high composure game he plays means he’s capable of playing both today and Saturday imo. Lampard has seemed against playing him regularly so far this season and I can’t understand why. Particulary when Johnson’s been in the cold so long, is he really gonna be match ready today? 

Naturally if we get the win none of this will matter, but it does make my heart sink and reduce my confidence in a win when I don’t see Huddlestone on the team sheet, given our performances with and without him this season. Still I hope Johnson plays better than his last biting... sorry outing, and we get the win!

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Happens every matchday thread now days. Team news is released and some people disagree with it, so proceed to discuss it, as the forum is intended for. Next thing you know Noble Neil comes along to shoot you down for dare having doubts with the lineup ?

The best thing is the people complaining and moaning, because there are too many people complaining and moaning.

If you dont have the same opinions as me i don't want to hear them. An internet forum is not the time or the place for differing opinions - there is a strict set of rules for what you are and aren't allowed to post.

Archived