Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi

With 3 games in 8 days, it makes sense that FL is using his squad, and that team should be more than adequate to beat the worst team in the league.

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

If that’s the reason then it’s wrong. In the grand scheme of things, the cup shouldn’t take priority over tonight. Win and we are bang in the top 2 race, and after being complacent against Bolton and Rotherham after good results early in the season, i’d hoped we’d learned our lesson. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think I'm leaning in that direction too.

With how close it is at the top, losing today (even though this team REALLY shouldn't) doesn't really do much to our playoff hopes in the long term, it would probably impact chances at autos though.

We're enjoying the cup. It's good for morale. And if we beat Brighton we're in the QFs with what, 3 prem teams left?

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah but no but. If Huddlestone is picked today and we win comfortably but he gets injured people will come out and say we were bound to win and he shouldn't have risked him if we wanted any chance of beating Brighton

He's paid to make these decisions and shouldn't give a duck about what people think.

We could lose tonight with Johnson having a shocker and get knocked out of the cup on Saturday with Hudds back in the side. Or we could win tonight with Johnson having a stormer and watch a fresh-legged Hudds marshall us to an FA Cup Quarter Final on Saturday. 

Based on what happens, people will either call him stupid or hail him as a genius. Judgements shouldn't be made in hindsight.

24 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Huddlestone literally played out his skin and gets bench, what does he have to do?

22 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Dropping Huddlestone is criminal, he was exceptional on Saturday 

He was good but not worthy of such hyperbole. Playing out of his skin would involve ahigh workload with a lot of defending to do. He was comfortbale against a team who's midfield offered very little and afforded him the freedom of the park, he didn't really need to get out of 2nd gear.

(and other sporting cliches).

9 minutes ago, LazloW said:

FWIW, I’m not overly concerned about Tom being ‘dropped’.  He was good on Saturday, but for me he is sometimes a luxury when we are being pressed. 

Exactly this.

Still, Bradley Johnson FFS.

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

No. League rules I believe. You can use a HDMI cable connected to your computer to watch in a tv screen.

I don’t have a computer with a HDMI port. First time trying this as all our midweek stuff has either been the main game or I’ve been there. Disappointed having just spent a tenner. 

Huddlestone absolutely should be amongst the core that are 'must starters' (when fit), Keogh, Tomori, Mount and Wilson. He doesn't have age on his side but it's not like he's running around like Bryson or Holmes. We look a completely different team when he's not playing and have no one in the squad who can control the game quite like he can. I haven't seen much of King in recent years so not really sure what to expect from him, but here's hoping he can keep us ticking like Huddlestone does, even without the long diagonals

It was the same thing with Wassall when we capitulated at Rotheram. Who seriously thought it was a bad thing that he brought on a couple of forward players who needed a goal to regain their confidence when we were 3-0 against a poo team?

Fast forward an absolute freak show of a ten minutes and people say he should leave the club and never show his face in Derby again. The fact that he's treated as a joke purely because we have the ability of hindsight is ridiculous. He was nowhere near as bad as was made out and is doing a sterling job with the U23s.

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

He's paid to make these decisions and shouldn't give a duck about what people think.

We could lose tonight with Johnson having a shocker and get knocked out of the cup on Saturday with Hudds back in the side. Or we could win tonight with Johnson having a stormer and watch a fresh-legged Hudds marshall us to an FA Cup Quarter Final on Saturday. 

Based on what happens, people will either call him stupid or hail him as a genius. Judgements shouldn't be made in hindsight.

I never said Lampard should care with my opinion. But it’s a forum for discussion so I thought i’d share my opinion. 

Chances are we win tonight and it doesn’t make a difference, but i’d rather we’d make these changes in a cup game rather than a vital league game. Tonight is huge.

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

He was good but not worthy of such hyperbole. Playing out of his skin would involve ahigh workload with a lot of defending to do. He was comfortbale against a team who's midfield offered very little and afforded him the freedom of the park, he didn't really need to get out of 2nd gear.

(and other sporting cliches).

Exactly this.

Don’t agree. His passing range was sublime, collecting the ball and taking the pressure off Keogh and Tomori. I don’t think anyone in the team tonight can do that role. Ipswich will sit in and I think we’ll miss him.

I really hope I’m wrong. 

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Your right but we all feel so smug when we do ?

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I never said Lampard should care with my opinion. But it’s a forum for discussion so I thought i’d share my opinion. 

Chances are we win tonight and it doesn’t make a difference, but i’d rather we’d make these changes in a cup game rather than a vital league game. Tonight is huge.

Happens every matchday thread now days. Team news is released and some people disagree with it, so proceed to discuss it, as the forum is intended for. Next thing you know Noble Neil comes along to shoot you down for dare having doubts with the lineup ?

2 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

gotta say shaun barker is a great pundit for championship games.

and yeah use an HDMI - EFL are dinosaurs when it comes to this stuff only allowing HDMI cable.

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

I don’t have a computer with a HDMI port. First time trying this as all our midweek stuff has either been the main game or I’ve been there. Disappointed having just spent a tenner. 

It does seem strange that we aren't allowed to mirror screen when the people who made the rule must know that simply connecting a cable does exactly the same job. Having said that, I still watch normally on my iPad. With it 6 inches from my nose it looks just like a 60" tv screen.

21 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Moaners out in force already. Why not keep your powder dry until something has gone wrong? 

Doesn't work that way. They post utter tripe, then when they are shown to be complete prats and brainless imbeciles, they disappear for two weeks until they are convinced that people will have forgotten that they are just simpletons with a penchant for knee-jerk reactions.

If we lose, I'll see you in two weeks.

?

Archived