Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Does anyone know if you can access the Red Button games on SkyGo? 

No, but it does seem like you can get the red button games on the sky sports app but I’m gonna look into it after work along with the other options that were posted about earlier

If our players go into this game thinking we've already got the points then we will lose, it's written and we already have some great examples: 

We beat Hull 4-0 and then 2-1 away to then go and lose 1-0 to Rotherham. 

We beat Brentford 3-1 and then knocked United out of the cup to then go and lose 1-0 to Bolton. 

Ipswich are going to be fighting for their lives and going to make it competitive. If we don't match their desire then we could be in for a very avoidable shock defeat. 

42 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Will their manager be missing from the bench tonight, following what I presume was a "straight red" the other day?

Does it work like that with managers?

I don't believe so, as I don't think Lamps served any touch line ban for his red card against Rotherham. 

43 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Will their manager be missing from the bench tonight, following what I presume was a "straight red" the other day?

Does it work like that with managers?

I think he just gets dangled in a cage over the top of the dugouts and everyone pokes him with stuff.

If he is naughty they lower it and put Jody Morris in with him.

21 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Easy win tonight...we have to turn up, get all over them from the off and blast them away. 

If we have any hopes of a play off place (which we should) then beating teams like this is a given. 

Understand the sentiment but really hope this isnt Franks approach to tonight ....

16 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Can't anyone criticize a player without them being labelled as a scapegoat?

Providing a counter argument with supporting examples requires effort. Blithely accusing someone of scapegoating a player is easy.

Got to go to a meeting tonight that I can’t get out of. Unfortunately the organisers know what my real reason would be, whatever excuse I came up with! And I can’t go down with a sudden illness as there’s something I want to go to tomorrow.

So relying on surreptitious glances to my phone to keep up to date. So please post plenty of updates. ?

Very bad planning. I'm another one with meetings this evening so I'll miss the game. I might try to engineer the odd bathroom break to be able to check the score.

Note to self to put all Derby fixtures into my calendar.

Hope to log on later tonight to find the site quiet and realize we must have won!

2 hours ago, admira said:

One hour before I leave work for The Station Hotel, Ipswich.

One hour and 5 minutes before I am in there drinking the first pint with several other Suffolk-based Rams.

I'll miss this fixture next year....

Somewhere near the ground, pizza express and wine bar, drinks in hand c.o.y.r

7E09EF6D-0E07-4BE4-806D-E7E23065C7C2.jpeg

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Yes.

Occasionally someone else, who's better. 

I actually think of the 3 commentators we have, OB, who commentates on most youth games, is the best. He actually commentates like its on TV rather than radio, isn't full of Partridge-isms, and knows something about Derby before this season.

I dont like the commentator they usually use - i really think they would benefit from having more than one commentator at a time bouncing off each other like Radio Derby. At the moment its Alan Partridge and the guy who says "yeah!" When we score.

Owen Bradley is great though. Just have him commentate every game and i would be happy.

Archived