Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squad game and he is clearly picking a team that he thinks is best for this particular game.

Whether people like it or not (I’m probably in the not camp generally) ‘the modern game’ dictates that managers like to change things around.  FWIW, I’m not overly concerned about Tom being ‘dropped’.  He was good on Saturday, but for me he is sometimes a luxury when we are being pressed.  

Anyway, we shall see.  I will decide whether it wa a good selection after I’ve seen/heard/read how we’ve performed. 

6 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Why? He's a professional athlete aged 32 not 132. On top of that its not like he's been playing every game this season. And if you were to rest him, surely the cup game is when you'd do that. 

Do you seriously think that Frank would drop him after his performance on Saturday? And do you not think that Premier League Brighton might pose a tougher challenge than pretty much League One Ipswich? I'm not saying it's the correct decision or that it will pay off, but he's clearly being rested.

Give us a 0-1 shithouse win and move onto the more exciting game on Saturday.

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

Do you seriously think that Frank would drop him after his performance on Saturday? And do you not think that Premier League Brighton might pose a tougher challenge than pretty much League One Ipswich? I'm not saying it's the correct decision or that it will pay off, but he's clearly being rested.

If that’s the reason then it’s wrong. In the grand scheme of things, the cup shouldn’t take priority over tonight. Win and we are bang in the top 2 race, and after being complacent against Bolton and Rotherham after good results early in the season, i’d hoped we’d learned our lesson. 

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

Rightly or wrongly, Saturday is what he's thinking of.

I think I'm leaning in that direction too.

With how close it is at the top, losing today (even though this team REALLY shouldn't) doesn't really do much to our playoff hopes in the long term, it would probably impact chances at autos though.

We're enjoying the cup. It's good for morale. And if we beat Brighton we're in the QFs with what, 3 prem teams left?

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Yeah but no but. If Huddlestone is picked today and we win comfortably but he gets injured people will come out and say we were bound to win and he shouldn't have risked him if we wanted any chance of beating Brighton

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Making sure Huddlestone's available to start v Brighton. 

This team *should* be able to beat Ipswich, but we've seen poor performances from everyone (including Huddz, in fairness) to add an air of concern to every game.

Don't know if I agree. But travelling to Ipswich then travelling to Brighton 2 and a half days later, Huddz was never going to be able to start both games. He's rotated so often for a reason. 

Heard on talk sport today Derby are staying down south for the next few days to negate the 2 long journeys. I would have started Huddlestone tonight got a good hold on the game then rested for Saturday if we could afford to. If we don’t get 3 points tonight FL has made a huge rod for his own back.

Archived