FA Cup Round 5 Opponents

Poynton ram

1 hour ago, Wignall12 said:

Very condescending remark by the lass that interviewed m.o.t.m after the game I thought...."is this a chance for Brighton to go further in the competition , especially as it's Derby " ........if Frank doesn't use that to spur us on , I'll bare my backside in Burton's window !

Murray's answer was far more classy saying Derby are a good team

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

Very condescending remark by the lass that interviewed m.o.t.m after the game I thought...."is this a chance for Brighton to go further in the competition , especially as it's Derby " ........if Frank doesn't use that to spur us on , I'll bare my backside in Burton's window !

If we were playing a team in the league below us wouldn’t we be thinking exactly the same though? 

Would have preferred WBA solely so I could have gone, fair play to anybody that makes the journey to Brighton for a 12.30 kick off but I personally won’t be bothering. 

9 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

If we were playing a team in the league below us wouldn’t we be thinking exactly the same though? 

Would have preferred WBA solely so I could have gone, fair play to anybody that makes the journey to Brighton for a 12.30 kick off but I personally won’t be bothering. 

Took extra time in the replay to separate them from a team only 3 places higher than us in the league. Also, given we've already knocked Man Utd and Southampton out of the cups this year, it's a bit condescending to then say "especially as it's Derby"

46 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

us South Coasters will be there. 1 hour 20 by train for us from Eastleigh?

anyone know when tickets go on sale?

9 hours ago, ramit said:

Frank knows the PL style of play.  We can beat Brighton and i predict that we will.

Looking at the team they put out yesterday we could beat them with the under 23’s then again half of the first team are injured so they might be playing anyway 

12 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

very good thought, but we'd rather you didn't do the second part as Mrs Burton might consider it as lacking decorum ?

Cheapest way I found was £67 return. It does involve 3 changes though. I'll post if anybody was looking for a way. Megabus and National Express were stupid prices...

Get the train from Derby to St. Pancras at 06:29 (arrives at 08:22), then get the 08:50 to Three Bridges (arrives at 09:39). Then get the 09:45 to Hassocks (arrives at 10:37), then the 10:47 to Brighton arriving in Brighton at 11:07. There are bus replacements in the last two legs.

Hope this helps... Few tinnies on the train, not too early a start and plenty of time to get to the ground (either bus or train to Falmer station just outside the ground). Bit of a ball ache but that's the best I could find if not getting Roadrider or driving. 

5 hours ago, sawley_ram said:

Cheapest way I found was £67 return. It does involve 3 changes though. I'll post if anybody was looking for a way. Megabus and National Express were stupid prices...

Get the train from Derby to St. Pancras at 06:29 (arrives at 08:22), then get the 08:50 to Three Bridges (arrives at 09:39). Then get the 09:45 to Hassocks (arrives at 10:37), then the 10:47 to Brighton arriving in Brighton at 11:07. There are bus replacements in the last two legs.

Hope this helps... Few tinnies on the train, not too early a start and plenty of time to get to the ground (either bus or train to Falmer station just outside the ground). Bit of a ball ache but that's the best I could find if not getting Roadrider or 

Ignore my post

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nearly 200 miles between the 2 teams and it's chosen as the 12:30 kick off.

Perfect example of why The FA are not fit for purpose.

Literally no way of making the journey on public transport reliably, either.

Archived