19/20 Season Ticket Information

Day

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@rynny

2019/20 Season Ticket renewals are available from the following prices in Category E areas:

Adults: £342

75+ Year Olds: £210

65-74 Year Olds: £240

18-22 Year Olds: £210

15-17 Year Olds: £155

13-14 Year Olds: £125

2-12 Year Olds: £99 +

New Season Tickets are available from the following prices in the Gordon Guthrie South West Corner Category E areas:

Adults: £419

75+ Year Olds: £255

65-74 Year Olds:£295

18-22 Year Olds: £315

15-17 Year Olds: £209

13-14 Year Olds: £169

2-12s Year Olds: £129 +

Multi year discount.

I would pay the extra and get a new one, especially if you want to get away tickets etc, better to have your own customer number in that case.

Imagine if we got to Wembley, and your mate snaffled your tickets because you don't have a purchase history!

Then you'll get the discount the season after anyway.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

@rynny

2019/20 Season Ticket renewals are available from the following prices in Category E areas:

Adults: £342

75+ Year Olds: £210

65-74 Year Olds: £240

18-22 Year Olds: £210

15-17 Year Olds: £155

13-14 Year Olds: £125

2-12 Year Olds: £99 +

New Season Tickets are available from the following prices in the Gordon Guthrie South West Corner Category E areas:

Adults: £419

75+ Year Olds: £255

65-74 Year Olds:£295

18-22 Year Olds: £315

15-17 Year Olds: £209

13-14 Year Olds: £169

2-12s Year Olds: £129 +

Ah misread that then, cheers. 

I personally think the price increase will put a few folk off. It's nearly touching £20 a game now for a season ticket (Cat C) and for me to generate 30,000 which is what I really want, this will see another decline in attendances if we're in the Champ.

Fully appreciate there have been a few years frozen but still think ST and match day are too high. I've not watched the MM interview but another poster suggested he thinks ticket prices are now maximised out. It's a pity MM cannot understand what an average person on £28k (roughly average salary I think?) can genuinely afford.

I am not ignoring a lot of good stuff the club does or what MM does, but maximising what he can exploit fans for is a little disappointing in my eyes.

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

I personally think the price increase will put a few folk off. It's nearly touching £20 a game now for a season ticket (Cat C) and for me to generate 30,000 which is what I really want, this will see another decline in attendances if we're in the Champ.

Fully appreciate there have been a few years frozen but still think ST and match day are too high. I've not watched the MM interview but another poster suggested he thinks ticket prices are now maximised out. It's a pity MM cannot understand what an average person on £28k (roughly average salary I think?) can genuinely afford.

I am not ignoring a lot of good stuff the club does or what MM does, but maximising what he can exploit fans for is a little disappointing in my eyes.

I agree, whenever I hear MM talk about ticket prices he’s talks like a money-driven businessman which is annoying.

We’re pretty good for prices on average compared to the rest of the league if I’m remembering rightly. Especially to say what sort of football we’ve been served up this year. If we were at the other end of the table signing players like Gareth Roberts again instead of Ashley Cole then maybe it would feel unjustified. 

Each to their own but I can’t bring myself to have a pop at a guy who’s charging me an extra £20 a year when he’s putting in millions of pounds. It’s expensive for everyone, including Mel. 

6 hours ago, rammieib said:

Are you seriously criticising season ticket prices that work out at under £20 per match?

It appears that short of it being free or DCFC paying you to attend you are never going to be happy. 

A person earning a salary of  £28k would take home about £450 per week and you think they cannot afford £10 of that to pay for a season ticket.

£10 per week will get you 1 packet of fans or 3 pints of beer at the most.

I am not aware of too many businesses that are not looking to maximise profits, nor am I aware of many businesses where the owner puts in £10m a year just to keep it afloat. 

Really think you will struggle to find many season ticket holders who have a big problem with the first increase in 5 years.

3 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

I agree, whenever I hear MM talk about ticket prices he’s talks like a money-driven businessman which is annoying.

A CEO is a businessman and should act as such. 

I struggle to remember hear MM talking about ticket prices other than when he thought the Man United tickets were too expensive and the club part subsidised them...hardly the act of a money driven businessman!

10 hours ago, rammieib said:

Big nasty Mel, exploiting fans by putting £10million into the club a season as well as his initial layout to buy the club and all the extras spent on Pride park and Moor Farm!

I take it you don't expect the supporters to help fund any transfer deals or players wages and that Mel should cover all costs? 

Any increase in tickets prices also gives the club a bit more room when it comes to FFP. 

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Are you seriously criticising season ticket prices that work out at under £20 per match?

It appears that short of it being free or DCFC paying you to attend you are never going to be happy. 

A person earning a salary of  £28k would take home about £450 per week and you think they cannot afford £10 of that to pay for a season ticket.

£10 per week will get you 1 packet of fans or 3 pints of beer at the most.

I am not aware of too many businesses that are not looking to maximise profits, nor am I aware of many businesses where the owner puts in £10m a year just to keep it afloat. 

Really think you will struggle to find many season ticket holders who have a big problem with the first increase in 5 years.

GStar - I think you know my opinion on ticket prices.

1) I'm not convinced that total revenue is optimised at these price levels. I do believe there is a certain price elasticity in ticket prices and we are at the top end of pricing which is resulting in lower attendances. 5 consecutive years of declining attendances suggests this.

2) Your second comment is flippant and stupid. I would be happy if my season ticket worked out around £16-17 per game on average. I think that would be fair. I also think match day prices should be £20 ish but at a top limit, £25. Of course I will buy a season ticket still because I want to support my team, but I imagine there will be a 1000 or so who won't (Which is on top of the average decline of 1000 per season).

3) I'm asking for better financial management of the club so Mel doesn't have to pump in his £10 Million. The past cannot be undone and until we offload the £150k a week (£7 Million a year) this summer, we are in this awkward situation.

I'm happy prices have been frozen for 5 years as you said. and this year have gone around 4%. I'm not happy at how high they are in the first place. I'm not happy when you see so many empty seats on a match day.

19 minutes ago, rammieib said:

1) I'm not convinced that total revenue is optimised at these price levels. I do believe there is a certain price elasticity in ticket prices and we are at the top end of pricing which is resulting in lower attendances. 5 consecutive years of declining attendances suggests this.

I'm pretty sure the club have done their homework here and have a model for setting prices.

If I remember rightly, last year people said they were staying away because of the football? 

2) Your second comment is flippant and stupid. I would be happy if my season ticket worked out around £16-17 per game on average. I think that would be fair. I also think match day prices should be £20 ish but at a top limit, £25. Of course I will buy a season ticket still because I want to support my team, but I imagine there will be a 1000 or so who won't (Which is on top of the average decline of 1000 per season).

Apologies regarding the flippant remark. Serious question, how do you pluck a figure of £16-£17 out of thin air and say that is fair?!?! What exactly do you based it on? Surely market forces determine the prices and I don't think ours stick out as not being comparable with our competitors. I could quite easily say I think  £2 is fair for a pint of lager but it would be based on nothing other than just a personal hunch.

3) I'm asking for better financial management of the club so Mel doesn't have to pump in his £10 Million. The past cannot be undone and until we offload the £150k a week (£7 Million a year) this summer, we are in this awkward situation.

Linking the high wage bill and season ticket prices is just blatantly wrong. 5 years of price increases show that.

I'm happy prices have been frozen for 5 years as you said. and this year have gone around 4%. I'm not happy at how high they are in the first place. I'm not happy when you see so many empty seats on a match day.

Unfortunately, I think you need to stop kidding yourself into believing empty seats are down to ticket prices. How much were the Southampton home tickets? £10? The ground was half empty.

At Last!  A price increase!  I was starting to worry about Mr Mel!

My Cat D (NE Upper Corner) is about to go up from £365 to £388... for the first time in Lord knows how long!

That's up a quid, from £15.87 to £16.87 per game, in theory... although I probably miss an average of 3 home games a season, due to holidays each Autumn & Spring (Half-Tan Fan!)

I love us being in the Championship, and I personally think those prices are great value for money, for what we have been served up over the past few seasons.  So no complaints here.*

Must admit though, I have always thought that Mel's offer of a refund was a one-off, (and didn't affect my purchase at the time), but having seen RevelDevils link (to the video) on page 2 of this thread, it certainly appears from that, that whilst Mel is in charge, that first season we finally do go up will mean a full refund for us early-birds. That's a bonus to me, as I wasn't aware of such a statement!

That's gotta make up for having less games to go to, and having to put up with all those preening prima-donnas, and plastic fans!

Bargain as ever... I'm in!

*Just gone to renew on-line... They can shove that extra £1.50 (for doing their job for them!) up their jacuzzi.  I'll pop in later in the week, and pay over the counter!  Robbin' bar stools!

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

At Last!  A price increase!  I was starting to worry about Mr Mel!

My Cat D (NE Upper Corner) is about to go up from £365 to £388... for the first time in Lord knows how long!

That's up a quid, from £15.87 to £16.87 per game, in theory... although I probably miss an average of 3 home games a season, due to holidays each Autumn & Spring (Half-Tan Fan!)

I love us being in the Championship, and I personally think those prices are great value for money, for what we have been served up over the past few seasons.  So no complaints here.*

Must admit though, I have always thought that Mel's offer of a refund was a one-off, (and didn't affect my purchase at the time), but having seen RevelDevils link (to the video) on page 2 of this thread, it certainly appears from that, that whilst Mel is in charge, that first season we finally do go up will mean a full refund for us early-birds. That's a bonus to me, as I wasn't aware of such a statement!

That's gotta make up for having less games to go to, and having to put up with all those preening prima-donnas, and plastic fans!

Bargain as ever... I'm in!

*Just gone to renew on-line... They can shove that extra £1.50 (for doing their job for them!) up their jacuzzi.  I'll pop in later in the week, and pay over the counter!  Robbin' bar stools!

Mine went up to £485

My dad final got cheap ones at £290

On 26/01/2019 at 19:06, StivePesley said:

Haha I think I the laughing face should have been a clue. I'm just having a joke. It's all sorted. I'm just mocking people who dont understand how IT works. 

Steve your a strange one , the copy and paste post was a throw away joke that like lots of jokes don’t actually work in reality and it wasn’t meant to be mocking of you or anybody else ,, perhaps  the difference that some people don’t understand is that personaly if I make a joke I do it in the hope that it’s funny and if anybody else is involved they would just find it funny too and not feel it’s an attack and be upset and if they did I would be mortified ,apologise and not joke with them again ,

that said I’m ok for you to feel you are mocking myself or anybody else ,, whatever floats your boat mate

19 hours ago, rammieib said:

I doubt dropping ST prices down by £4 would draw in around 5k extra fans, which would be needed to make it financially viable

Archived