19/20 Season Ticket Information

Day

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

So is the money back if we make it to the Premier League offer still on for existing holders?

Those sorts of things come as an extra bonus announcement from Mel later on I think, closer to the renewal date.

I wouldn't imagine that offer would ever be retracted. He was talking about how teams in the PL can make a profit with zero stadium attendance recently. 

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

So is the money back if we make it to the Premier League offer still on for existing holders?

That was a last season only offer. Mel knowing full well Rowett's football was never going to get us promoted.

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

Nowt like having a pop even though the offer was made the previous season aswell.

It was 2 seasons before wasn’t it? It wasn’t the same offer either, it was half the money back.

Absolutely nowhere did Mel Morris say this was an all time deal. Yes he said that premier league clubs don’t need that money, but he only said that if we got promoted that season, he’d refund any one who buys in the early bird period.

Maybe Mels thinking everytime I’ve mentioned moneyback on season tickets we’ve failed to finish the job. Hopefully without mentioning it we’ll go up and then he’ll see what he can do for the fans.  I have noticed since the offer of money back if we go up some fans have becoming a lot more toxic towards the players as though they’ve lost them out  on money, hopefully we can now get behind the team and get them over the line .

Mel said "I tell you what, the first season we go up your tickets the next season will be zero, free for season ticket holders".

It's on this video from the silk mill fans forum, 5.13 seconds in.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/08/fans-forum-event-part-2

This was early in the season, before the window shut, and the commercial department did well imo to use the offer to entice a few extra season ticket sales to be eligible for the offer, and used it to drive early bird renewals, again a reasonable tactic.

Just because it's not featured in the renewal publicity now, doesn't mean the club have forgotten those words, and don't intend to follow through on the offer.

To be honest, that offer was a factor in my renewing last season, because the offer on the pitch wasn't much of a pull thanks to Rowett.

I've no similar doubts this season, the price increase isn't that bad considering the previous seasons freezes, and if we end up promoted the money back would be the cherry on the top of a great season, but I'm not fussed if the club rowed back on the offer and used it to pay Harry Wilson's loan fee!

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen though, one thing I think we've seen with Mel is he's a man of his word, and if he says he'll do something, it gets done.

17 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

With my famous optimism I feel we are doomed on Saturday now. It seems every time my renewal comes through the team goes into a slump!

It came today. Cant find last years price at moment but it looks as if it didn't go up.

I think mines gone from £415 to £432, I can't find the history bit on the OS that itemised the money spent on tickets, just gives details of the tickets themselves.

Although looking at the figures, I'm really going to have to ask my employer to row back on sending me abroad quite so often, no wonder I can't remember what the family look like.

41 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

With my famous optimism I feel we are doomed on Saturday now. It seems every time my renewal comes through the team goes into a slump!

It came today. Cant find last years price at moment but it looks as if it didn't go up.

Should have gone up a little:

Season Ticket prices, which have been frozen in recent seasons, are subject to a small price increase for 2019/20. For adults renewing their multi-year Season Ticket, the price increase works out at £1 per game across the campaign and multi-year Season Ticket holders are subject to the lowest price increase as a result of their year-on-year commitment.

Archived