Accrington Stanley vs Derby County FA Cup 4th Round Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

10 minutes ago, Topram said:

Got mine today, Dcfc tickets said they are going to say how many tickets are left later today! Saw someone say around 500 remain 100 in terrace rest seating

That's interesting, around 1400 standing and 500 seats sold. 

Doesn't that speak volumes on how people want to watch their football, given the choice? 

Safe standing, bring it on. ?

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Topram said:

Got mine today, Dcfc tickets said they are going to say how many tickets are left later today! Saw someone say around 500 remain 100 in terrace rest seating

Sending my lad down at 9:30am in case a queue! fingers crossed.

The locals are laughing at us for selling tickets marked "front, middle, back" when apparently there really isn't much difference. Also, they have "ultras" who are going to get their flanges out specially! Or something like that. Should be a great atmosphere, even at midday.

Going into these games it's always helpful to look at the most recent past meetings of the teams, so here you are:

143277213_vsAccringtonStanley.thumb.JPG.f7f7ed3166ee4bdc73466aef9bcc5cf4.JPG

Couldn't resist (and to the pendants, yes of course I know this isn't officially still the same Accrington Stanley). Confess that was taken from BT Sport's preview for the match, if anyone wants the full TV details and a read through (and is it a joke they've called us "Chelsea" in the weblink?): https://sport.bt.com/football/accrington-chelsea-facup-how-to-watch-live-stream-video-team-news-preview-odds-S11364327326341

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

The locals are laughing at us for selling tickets marked "front, middle, back" when apparently there really isn't much difference. Also, they have "ultras" who are going to get their flanges out specially! Or something like that. Should be a great atmosphere, even at midday.

Going into these games it's always helpful to look at the most recent past meetings of the teams, so here you are:

Couldn't resist (and to the pendants, yes of course I know this isn't officially still the same Accrington Stanley). Confess that was taken from BT Sport's preview for the match, if anyone wants the full TV details and a read through (and is it a joke they've called us "Chelsea" in the weblink?): https://sport.bt.com/football/accrington-chelsea-facup-how-to-watch-live-stream-video-team-news-preview-odds-S11364327326341

Pendants?? Hang them.

Now to beat them. Sold out, live on TV, banana skins don’t get anymore slippy than this.

With almost a full week before we play again, expect Frank to put a strong team out, another big draw in the 5th round wouldn’t do the clubs bank balance any harm.

Any game against a top Premier League side will be on the Telebox, wouldn’t be a bad time to play Spurs away....although Accrington first, can’t expect to just roll up and easily walk away with the win.

Roos, Cole, Tomori, Keogh, Bogle, Huddlestone, Mount, Wilson, Bennett, Marriott, Waghorn for me.

12 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Interesting info... except we last met in the league in the 56/57 season, drawing both (we also played them the season before).

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Interesting info... except we last met in the league in the 56/57 season, drawing both (we also played them the season before).

I know he played for us till he was quite old, but the 56/57 season wouldn't list Steve Bloomer as one of the scorers. Thought it was worth it just for that.

Good knowledge though!

6 hours ago, David said:

With almost a full week before we play again, expect Frank to put a strong team out, another big draw in the 5th round wouldn’t do the clubs bank balance any harm.

Any game against a top Premier League side will be on the Telebox, wouldn’t be a bad time to play Spurs away....although Accrington first, can’t expect to just roll up and easily walk away with the win.

duck the big teams. We want to win this and be drawn against the lowest-ranked team. We want to go as far as we possibly can.

Can see Frank giving a few players a rest with a huge run of important games coming up after this, no point risking injuries to key players. Yes we dont have a gave until Friday but its injuries more than fitness I wouldnt put at risk. We can put a strong enough team out to win but still rest some. I reckon Buchanan may get a debut alongside Cole, what a big moment that would be for him.

Roos - Bogle Keogh Buchanan Cole - Bryson Evans Bird - Bennett Nugent Jozefzoon

Subs - Mitchell, Tomori, Malone, Huddlestone, Holmes, T.Wilson, Waghorn

Personally dont think Mount, H. Wilson or Marriott should be risked. Cant see Johnson or Ledley being involved in the squad either. Didnt see Wisdom in todays training pictures (I dont think anyway) so maybe he eont be involved either.

I'd go

Roooooos

Wisdom Keogh Tomori Cole

Evans 

Mount Wilson

Holmes Waghorn Lawrence.

Good chance for a few players slightly out of form (Evans, Wisdom, maybe even Mount) to put in a good performance. Will need a strong enough team, but wouldn't mind seeing Bennett or Bird in either. Sold out and on TV, should be a good weekend and a win. 

Just like others before him, I suppose it's good that Ashley Cole will need to reach the same levels as the other players before he's able to cope with the intensity of training. A shame for Stanley and the romance of the FA Cup, but the correct and professional thing to do. 

Archived