Accrington Stanley vs Derby County FA Cup 4th Round Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

Accrington Stanley vs Derby County

Saturday 26th January 12.30PM

The WHAM Stadium

Accrington Stanley...Who are they?

Well, they're 14th in League 1 and overcame Ipswich Town in Round 3. The current incarnation of Accrington Stanley isn't the original founder member of the football league but the story of the club surviving to continue is, of itself quite a good story (and seeing as apart from a few celtic fans, everyone appears to agree Rangers are Rangers, it's no big deal to accept the current Accrongton Stanley to be the true spirit of the club)., there's lots more on the club's website and their Supporter liaison Office came on here to wish us all the best and offer his assistance in the thread linked below (top top marks to @Stanleyhouse?

So, hopefully a good day out for all Rams fans travelling to the match and will Ashley Cole make his début at left back, will Frank pick the strongest available or will he give some of the youngsters a chance? I'm sure Accrington will be up for it, I believe it's on BT Sports and I'd always regard a league one side as dangerous enough cup opposition (anyone else remember when we were underdogs to Colchester back in the Phil Brown days?)

All the usual, lets hope the players enjoy a well earned rest this week.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna be a proper cup tie this, still deliberating whether to go with the trains down, but I’m sure everyone who does go will have a great time, least before the match!? Should be able to show our class here, with the players we have we should be multiple classes above these and it would be great to get a confidence boosting big win and progress in the cup. But this is the FA cup where anything can happen, so we have to ensure that we’re fully focused and don’t in any way underestimate them, they’ve already beat a championship team let’s not forget! A cup run would be great for the whole club, so let’s make sure we don’t slip up here! Team for me...

Roos

Wisdom Keogh Tomori Cole

Huddlestone

Bryson Elsnik

Josefzoon Marriott Lawrence 

No idea what accy are like, but a few changes while keeping the spine of the team intact should allow for a couple of fringe players to stake a claim while still putting out a side that should be good enough. Will be interested to see how Cole gets on, he’ll almost certainly play I’d think if fit enough. Weird writing that name on a team sheet.

I'd like to see 

Roos 

Bogle.        Keogh.         Tomori.       Cole 

Evans

Bryson.              H.Wilson 

Waghorn.          Nugent            T.Wilson 

Looking forward to this, live on the telly or with commentary on Talk Sport for those who can't get Radio Derby. We have a week's buildup to this game and then another week to the following game, which means there's no reason not to play a strong team. But there's also no point risking anyone with knocks. In contrast, Stanley have a vital league game the following Tuesday if they're to stay clear of the League One drop zone. Suggest we should be looking at:

Roos

Bogle     Keogh     Buchanan     Malone

Tomori

Bryson       Mount

Wilson (H)     Waghorn     Holmes

Subs: Mitchell   Wisdom   Evans    Bird    Wilson (T)   Marriott   Nugent

But Frank won't do that and will instead have Tomori in defence, Buchanan out of the squad and Huddlestone or Evans as holding midfielder with the other one on the bench. But I do think Tyree Wilson will likely get a second substitute berth given Lawrence and Josefzoon are both out at the moment.

At most, there will be 9 Premier League teams in the next round (out of 16). Win this and we'll have a minimum 40% chance of playing someone our level or below for a place in the quarter finals. Let's make sure we do the business and then this becomes a proper cup run!

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's home tickets David isn't it?

Nope, quick look on Twitter this is in reply to Sheff Wed away recently, pops up a lot. To be honest I'm not sure why they don't just hide the numbers now.

8 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

Wondering whether any point going down at 10am tomorrow.... I reckon all gone by today ?

Got mine today, Dcfc tickets said they are going to say how many tickets are left later today! Saw someone say around 500 remain 100 in terrace rest seating

Archived