Southampton vs Derby FA Cup 3rd Round Replay match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to the boys! Briliant win.

There'll be some tired legs now. With situations like this I always wonder if they have immediate access to ice baths and the like for recovery, rather than wait until the long journey home.

Bring on Accrington Stanley. Really proud of the boys. As the BBC said, the better side won. Totally thrilled!

Fair play to the mentality and leadership of Keogh though. He's a centre back, he's not expected to step up as one of the five takers. The fact he's willing to take one at such a vital stage is credit to him to be honest. If he missed, and we went out, it could be used as a stick to beat him, he's not stupid, he'll know that opinion is divided on him.

A gritty performance with some moments of quality and also some bad luck. Frank's bouncing, let's hope we can use this as a springboard now with some "favourable" fixtures facing us. We turn up against the big boys, there's no excuses not to do the same against sides lower in our division.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But the chances they've wasted...

Good penno though.

Oh I know, but I’d be more bothered if we weren’t creating and not getting into the right positions in the box. I’m happy Lawrence, for example, is getting into those positions because it shows a confidence. If they keep doing it they will turn the screw and it will come.

Good to get the result after Friday anyway. 

Archived