Watchable telly

dog

On 27/12/2023 at 09:50, Bob The Badger said:

I had tickets for the Manchester gig, but when somebody offered me £450 for the two, I bit their hand off.

I also sold them the tickets.

I think it's always funnier at the event because you're in a room with like-minded people all there to laugh. And laughter is contagious.

I loved the Office and some of his stand up. 
These ‘jokes’ about kids with cancer or the disabled. 
I notice he has lots of empathy for animals. 
Does anyone seriously believe if he had a sick or disabled child, he would be saying these things? Or even if he actually had kids. 

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Read about this scandal many years ago in Private Eye. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the people involved. Senior managers of the software company, senior managers of the post office and senior members of the government were all happy to destroy working peoples lives rather than admit summatt was wrong.

"Hello dear, how's your day been?".

"Oh, you know, i managed to feck someones life up to protect my bonus". 

"Marvellous dear, well done".

What sort of people can do this knowing the devastation they are causing?

The times us techies have said a system or upgrade should not go live due to lack of testing is unreal. Overruled. You can guess the rest.

5 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Loved seasons 1,2 and 3, but never saw 4 as it came out just as we were moving back.

Is 5 as good?

Nobody will ever beat Billy Bob for sheer evilness.

I don't think you missed much - we gave up on Season 4 as it just didn't seem in the same league as 1,2 & 3

Fingers crossed for Season 5 - the reviews are certainly better

On 05/01/2024 at 23:51, uttoxram75 said:

The ruling class...that's who, Yes they're still among us, Take that turd who runs the Nat West Bank "Sir" Howard Davies saying it's easier to get your foot on the housing ladder today...yep sure is when you earn 100s of 1000s of £s a year.

Take a look at the cesspit which is called the house of Lords, Full of leeches laughing all the way to the bank just for signing in, A Government that sits in Westminster then hands out monies like confetti in the wind on vanity projects, Gives out loot to friends and families who have just started a new business venture, Dines out on an expense account...all this when the growth industry in food banks has never been so high for those who put these in places of wealth...you couldn't make it up could ya 😡

9 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

The ruling class...that's who, Yes they're still among us, Take that turd who runs the Nat West Bank "Sir" Howard Davies saying it's easier to get your foot on the housing ladder today...yep sure is when you earn 100s of 1000s of £s a year.

Take a look at the cesspit which is called the house of Lords, Full of leeches laughing all the way to the bank just for signing in, A Government that sits in Westminster then hands out monies like confetti in the wind on vanity projects, Gives out loot to friends and families who have just started a new business venture, Dines out on an expense account...all this when the growth industry in food banks has never been so high for those who put these in places of wealth...you couldn't make it up could ya 😡

Agree with you 100%,well written

37 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

It's sickening to see the ruling classes suddenly take an interest in the victims of the Post Office Scandal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67905194

After all these years, now there is a TV show about it - which shows us dumb plebs what actually went on

Perhaps someone should make a dramatisation about Grenfell, and see how quick they hold people to account for that one too

Edited by Stive Pesley

55 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

It's sickening to see the ruling classes suddenly take an interest in the victims of the Post Office Scandal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67905194

After all these years, now there is a TV show about it - which shows us dumb plebs what actually went on

Perhaps someone should make a dramatisation about Grenfell, and see how quick they hold people to account for that one too

There's an election looming soon init 🙄

Look at the HS2 rail link, The last estimate is £106 billion...feck a duck 😔, All those that made millions selling their properties, All those who lost their homes through compulsory purchase 😡, Then there's the new(when 🤷‍♂️)A38 intersection at Queensway in Derby...Markeaton Park, Across the road where those large houses are...are no longer as the owners sold up to make way for the new(when🤷‍♂️) It's built, I believe there's still one Lady who's holding out for what she believes to be a fare price.

As for Grenfell you only have to take a look at those who rented and then the owners who made a fortune...not all renters tho, If this had happened in Kensington(yeh a high rise block there 😂)things would have moved very very quickly indeed.

Building Regs...dontcha just love em

I think we could go on and on and on and on and on about injustice in this land of ours...but I wont ☺️

True Love Channel 4.

Tale of friends and family who resolve in a drunken conversation at a wake to make sure none of them suffers unnecessarily should they fall terminally ill. Inference is clear.

This is deemed ‘true love’.

Later , group members receive a true love message.

Brilliantly written and acted by a stellar cast including Lindsay Duncan, Clark Peters and Peter Egan.

Can’t wait for the third episode!

On 05/01/2024 at 23:51, uttoxram75 said:

Read about this scandal many years ago in Private Eye. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the people involved. Senior managers of the software company, senior managers of the post office and senior members of the government were all happy to destroy working peoples lives rather than admit summatt was wrong.

"Hello dear, how's your day been?".

"Oh, you know, i managed to feck someones life up to protect my bonus". 

"Marvellous dear, well done".

Dunno, but plenty of folk who really ought to have paid more attention at school still vote for them in droves.

Fool Me Once (Netflix*): another of those Harlan Corben dramatizations. I like them for a few reasons - they are limited so you know you're not getting dragged into 146 episodes, the plots are all a bit obvious but it's easy on the eye, they are normally a bit "well that's just ridiculous" in the final episode (I'm not quite there yet) which gives a nice frisson of irritation but at least, unlike Line of Duty etc, you haven't given five years of your life to it. Also, they are normally set in and around Manchester so have a bit of a gritty UK feel to them, even if they are ultimately a bit contrived and "Death In Paradise" silly in the end. Finally, anything with Michelle Keegan in is - at least for me - worth a little bit of investment (and that is not a double entendre in any way).

* - just thought it might be an idea to at least let people know where they can get access to what is being discussed

I have been waiting for something I really wanted to watch (Slow Horses 3 wasn't quite compelling enough) to kick off my Apple TV free 6 months, and I think this baby will do it. Anybody watching it? I know they're drip-feeding it, rather annoyingly.

9 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I have been waiting for something I really wanted to watch (Slow Horses 3 wasn't quite compelling enough) to kick off my Apple TV free 6 months, and I think this baby will do it. Anybody watching it? I know they're drip-feeding it, rather annoyingly.

It was discussed this afternoon on R 5 .

Screenshot_20240108-164933.png

based on several posts in here, I finally got around to watching KIN on BBC iPlayer.

Whilst it's my kind of programme, has a cracking cast, and I did enjoy it, I cannot help but think they missed something.

I cannot quite put my finger on it. Maybe they kept it too insular/isolated and needed to expand it more to make it at least feel more authentic and realistic. Posters compared it to Gomorrah, but Gomorrah was believable, you felt like that was actually happening on some rough estates a few miles away, and we need to stay away from there! Whereas I felt in Kin, it was such a small world, that it didn't feel that they could be believably successful criminal organisations. I feel they kept the production costs limited which in turn forced you to make assumptions about things, and then to bring an influential characters in that you've never heard mentioned, with no back story, seemed a bit disjointed.

I will watch S2 I reckon, but it's gone nowhere near my top 10, maybe not even my top 20.

Colin Kazim-Richards/10

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

based on several posts in here, I finally got around to watching KIN on BBC iPlayer.

Whilst it's my kind of programme, has a cracking cast, and I did enjoy it, I cannot help but think they missed something.

I cannot quite put my finger on it. Maybe they kept it too insular/isolated and needed to expand it more to make it at least feel more authentic and realistic. Posters compared it to Gomorrah, but Gomorrah was believable, you felt like that was actually happening on some rough estates a few miles away, and we need to stay away from there! Whereas I felt in Kin, it was such a small world, that it didn't feel that they could be believably successful criminal organisations. I feel they kept the production costs limited which in turn forced you to make assumptions about things, and then to bring an influential characters in that you've never heard mentioned, with no back story, seemed a bit disjointed.

I will watch S2 I reckon, but it's gone nowhere near my top 10, maybe not even my top 20.

Colin Kazim-Richards/10

Season 1 was a slow burner - Season 2 is a whole new ball game.....