Watchable telly

dog

Finally got round to starting a recommendation :

'Mr Inbetween'.

The set up sounds similar to 'Barry' but it's a bit less slapstick and more about the day-to-day activities of a hit man than of him wanting to start a new life.

Short episodes that are rattling by. Good quality,  enjoying it so far.

8/10

Stasi FC...Sky Documentaries, It's really Dynamo Berlin FC who were ran by the GDR(East Germany)secret police, Murder, Torture, Bribery, Escapes, I knew it was bad over there in the 70s/80s and the football was corrupt...but Christ 😬

Mostly in subtitles...so if your going to watch...put ya glasses on...Very very good 👍

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

Stasi FC...Sky Documentaries, It's really Dynamo Berlin FC who were ran by the GDR(East Germany)secret police, Murder, Torture, Bribery, Escapes, I knew it was bad over there in the 70s/80s and the football was corrupt...but Christ 😬

Mostly in subtitles...so if your going to watch...put ya glasses on...Very very good 👍

Ooh - top tip - thanks

I always found it fascinating how so many Eastern Bloc teams were named after the industry they represented

Dynamo (Police)
Shaktar (Miners)
Steau/Partizan/CSKA (Army)
Rapid/Lokomotiv (Railways)
Spartak (Trade Unions)
Torpedo (Cars)
Zenit (Weapons)

6 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Ooh - top tip - thanks

I always found it fascinating how so many Eastern Bloc teams were named after the industry they represented

Dynamo (Police)
Shaktar (Miners)
Steau/Partizan/CSKA (Army)
Rapid/Lokomotiv (Railways)
Spartak (Trade Unions)
Torpedo (Cars)
Forest (Weapons)

Ftfy

On 26/11/2023 at 23:27, Rev said:

Have now finished Boat Story. 

Worra load of s****, I can't recall a series that started so promisingly yet ended so poor.

A waste of the considerable talent assembled, I can see why the Beeb haven't pushed it.

We finished it the other night, and I was steeling myself for the worst based on your warning.

However - I didn't think it was that bad. I quite liked the story within a story within a story motif thing going on, and granted it did get a bit surreal in places but in the scheme of things I think I preferred that to if it had just turned out to be yet another run-of-the-mill gritty drug-gang drama.

I've seen a lot worse!

On 30/11/2023 at 10:43, Premier ram said:

ITV X the incredible story of Medi Abalimba , once of The Rams absolutely worth a watch

Just watched it.  Thanks for the recommendation. 

Date a reality TV star?  Pretend to be a famous footballer.
Date an ex-wife of one of world football's greatest ever strikers?  Pretend to be a navy seal!

OK.  Plenty have done that last one, but still.  😁

19 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

The Sky documentary on Lockerbie is brilliant.

Tragic story of the crash itself in episode one followed by the story of who was responsible and how the warnings were missed/ covered up.

Gripping TV.

It's a very good watch.

On 12/12/2023 at 21:05, Tamworthram said:

Just finished watching the Netflix mini series “Painkiller”. A drama based on the true story surrounding the abusive prescribing of  the opioid drug Oxycotin. A disturbing yet excellent watch. Highly recommended.

Check out Dopesick if you've not already. It's also very good.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9174558/

Finished the Walking Dead spin off Dead City. Good stuff and it returns for season 2. Now on the 3rd episode of Daryl Dixon. Again, high standard and it's going to return for season 2. All on youtube last time I looked. Good idea to focus on the strongest characters of the Walking Dead.

I watched the 1st episode of Bodies on Netflix last night, Completely lost me, A naked man is found dead in a back alley in todays London, Then the same body is found in the 1940s, The 1890s and the 2050s, I get the drift about time travel...but 🤷‍♂️

2-10