v Bolton Wanderers (A) Match Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yep Lampard has had an average start. Controversial but it will be proved right in time(like with Rowett). We get bullied against the lesser teams like Millwall, Bolton, Rotherham etc. If teams play defensive then we’re dead easy to play against. Boy we miss Will Hughes man, our midfield is average. One game against a crap Man Utd side(although still one of the biggest clubs in the world) doesn’t change that. Burton Albion would have beaten that Man Utd side. Saw today’s result a mile off like yourself.

Ur a clown 

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yep Lampard has had an average start. Controversial but it will be proved right in time(like with Rowett). We get bullied against the lesser teams like Millwall, Bolton, Rotherham etc. If teams play defensive then we’re dead easy to play against. Boy we miss Will Hughes man, our midfield is average. One game against a crap Man Utd side(although still one of the biggest clubs in the world) doesn’t change that. Burton Albion would have beaten that Man Utd side. Saw today’s result a mile off like yourself.

Enjoy your ?

?

Just now, valleyram said:

Ur a clown 

Just like I was a clown for being one of the first on this forum for exposing Rowett? K, I appreciate it may be a bit premature but it will become more apparent in time. Difference this time is that I actually like Lampard unlike that mug Rowett.

I had us down to win this one 4-1.

Yes the Bolts went 1-0 up.

I still thought I'd be proved right.

By the 75th minute I just wanted us to equalise.

At the final whistle I realised that we had beaten Brentford (at home) then drew in the Mickey Mouse Cup and got through on penalties, and failed against yet another struggling side.

Are we becoming a struggling side ourselves?

Reality check for us once again. However unlike Rotherham at least we dominated this game and were forcing the issue to get back into it whereas Rotherham we were never in it. 

Great strides in recent weeks. A pattern of play is starting to emerge it’s just today it wasn’t quite there. We’ve seen what this team is capable of now which makes today more frustrating but also gives us genuine hope for our chances this season.

10 games in, team still in transition yet we’re in the mix. Good place to be. Solid start. Well done frank and the team, let’s go again Wednesday!

Just now, steve brummie said:

I had us down to win this one 4-1.

Yes the Bolts went 1-0 up.

I still thought I'd be proved right.

By the 75th minute I just wanted us to equalise.

At the final whistle I realised that we had beaten Brentford (at home) then drew in the Mickey Mouse Cup and got through on penalties, and failed against yet another struggling side.

Are we becoming a struggling side ourselves?

No

I understand the frustrations after coming back to earth with a bump after the midweek highs but this was hardly a Clementesque pass fest. We did in patches try and move the ball with urgency. I share the disappointment but I'm still optimistic that we can find the answer to this quandary as long as we keep playing the right way and believe in the quality we possess within the squad.

I think frank knows more than anyone that to get up we need to score goals. We lacked a bit of intensity when going forward but it is difficult when the opposition has no intention of trying to play against you. The management need to go away and work on moving the bus when it is parked up. May be play with more width because the centre was crowded out and it was that tight any loose ball was picked out by Bolton. I am not sure how many people went today but it wasn’t that bad. We were the better side. I would be more worried if we had won 1-0 and played like Bolton. 

These teams rely on picking points up at home they will play anyhow to get them too we just need to be prepared.

"Average start"

Results wise (excluding utd win) yes, its average

In terms of implementing style, injecting pace, bringing through youth, scoring nice goals, finding an identity, making me actually look forward to watching games- Its been far better than I would have ever expected

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

I thought he got the ball? Which is probably what saved him.

Made me laugh how they were booing Carson for getting fouled!

Yeah, I was a bit baffled by that. Their forward clatters Carson yet they booed him everytime he touched it after that. Thought I'd missed something with it being at the other end of the pitch. 

12 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I think frank knows more than anyone that to get up we need to score goals. We lacked a bit of intensity when going forward but it is difficult when the opposition has no intention of trying to play against you. The management need to go away and work on moving the bus when it is parked up. May be play with more width because the centre was crowded out and it was that tight and loose ball was picked out by Bolton. I am not sure how many people went today but it wasn’t that bad. We were the better side. I would be more worried if we had won 1-0 and played like Bolton. 

These teams rely on picking points up at home they will play anyhow to get them too we just need to be prepared.

I went today and I agree with you, Gritters. And @Alpha, who has got the comments about today's performance spot on.

I feel frustrated, but not downhearted. I think we lacked a bit of zip, I think we didn't try to vary the play enough and I think some players were a little more careless at times than they could have been. However we had enough quality in all areas of the pitch apart from their penalty area. People cite only one shot on target, but don't mention the blocks that Bolton made. 

In a game like this you need a player with a killer touch in front of goal OR a bit of luck. Today we had neither.

But we tried to play football, we tried to win the right way and for that I am thankful. 

I am hopeful that Frank will work out how to play against the Bolton's of this world. He'll know he needs to if he wants to be a success and he definitely wants to be a success.

Not sure if I've watched the same game as some on here tonight. 

On the whole I thought we controlled the game.

Got in some decent positions but we're wasteful or lacked that extra bit of creativity (these are the games where I would really see Mount making his mark). 

I think Bennett needs to be dropped back down to the bench, his decision making isn't good enough and he doesnt offer much of a goal threat...surely this is what Waghorn was brought in for?

One final point, I've seen @RamNut taking swipes at our away support and thought he was going OTT,  however, I can confirm that we have some of the vilest, disgusting fools I have ever had the displeasure sharing an afternoon with. 

I took my 2 kids (ages 6 and ? to their first away game today and they have basically had to spend 90 minutes listening to some drunken little kids dropping the c bomb every 10 seconds in between every other expletive going. Explaining that was hard enough but trying to explain why a drunken fool had fallen over 3 rows of a chairs and why some Stone Island warrior was trying to snap a chair off its hinges was a step too far. Now I'm no prude and had warned the kids that there would be swearing and not to repeat it but honestly did not expect a whole 90 minutes of it.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure if I've watched the same game as some on here tonight. 

On the whole I thought we controlled the game.

Got in some decent positions but we're wasteful or lacked that extra bit of creativity (these are the games where I would really see Mount making his mark). 

I think Bennett needs to be dropped back down to the bench, his decision making isn't good enough and he doesnt offer much of a goal threat...surely this is what Waghorn was brought in for?

One final point, I've seen @RamNut taking swipes at our away support and thought he was going OTT,  however, I can confirm that we have some of the vilest, disgusting fools I have ever had the displeasure sharing an afternoon with. 

I took my 2 kids (ages 6 and ? to their first away game today and they have basically had to spend 90 minutes listening to some drunken little kids dropping the c bomb every 10 seconds in between every other expletive going. Explaining that was hard enough but trying to explain why a drunken fool had fallen over 3 rows of a chairs and why some Stone Island warrior was trying to snap a chair off its hinges was a step too far. Now I'm no prude and had warned the kids that there would be swearing and not to repeat it but honestly did not expect a whole 90 minutes of it.

We should embarrass fans by taking the pics and putting them on here to name and shame them. IF someone was trying to break a chair, that photo alone would be enough to ban them.

Thankfully no real idiots near me apart from the two next to me loved calling our players "liabilities". It was actually quite funny.

Actually thought today was a day we really missing having a striker who could 'create something out of nothing'. I was crying out for players to make runs through but only Bryson was really trying to make this happen. (Mount once in the first half, and once in the second half for the chance he had).

We were all game constantly trying 1-2's to break open their defence and it wasn't working. This game missed having a striker who could run in behind.

The team also looked tired so it was disappointing not to see Waghorn/Marriott involved from the off.

Final point - Lawrence looked dreadful when he came on.

Archived