v Bolton Wanderers (A) Match Thread

Boycie

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Without wanting to repeat myself.....but I will...We have played 10 games.....Including all of the bottom 6 teams....we have only played 1 decent team and they destroyed us...  we should easily be top of the league if we think we have any chance this season..

what is going to happen when we play Boro, Sheff Utd, West Bromwich, Swansea etc... I dread to think. 

Probably win as they won’t stick 11 men behind the ball all day

6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Have to start waghorn over Bennett for me as much as I love Bennetts heart just feel he's never gonna score in this league and give nugent a rest and start marriott for a change and give him a good 70 minutes 

Could not agree more. Spot on

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Without wanting to repeat myself.....but I will...We have played 10 games.....Including all of the bottom 6 teams....we have only played 1 decent team and they destroyed us...  we should easily be top of the league if we think we have any chance this season..

what is going to happen when we play Boro, Sheff Utd, West Bromwich, Swansea etc... I dread to think. 

Tbf we’ve played well against all the good teams, just lost to the poo ones. We’ll beat boro, West Brom etc, we’ll just lose to stoke

How can people question the team selection when the energy put in was superb. The closing down, the recoveries, the build up play through the pitch.... what bit exactly indicated that we were tired? 

We played better in this game than the Hull game that we won

I don't think there's a lack of effort -- but theirs definitely concerns teams might look at what bolton and rotheram have done and use the same tactics. We struggle to break it down; but its a lack of quality or alternate game plan.

Probably should of stuck mariott and waghorn up front together at half time.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Tbf we’ve played well against all the good teams, just lost to the poo ones. We’ll beat boro, West Brom etc, we’ll just lose to stoke

Nah, any team we beat is rubbish. We've only played 1 decent team

Try not to yawn.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

0 points from Millwall. Rotherham and Bolton just highlights why we will never go anywhere. If you want top 6/top 2. They are the places you go to and win. Simple as that. 

Whilst I fully understand Frank naming an unchanged line up. I was massively surprised. 

They put so much into the last 2 games. Tuesday night must have been physically and mentally tiring. So to ask them to go again today is a big ask. We've got a massive squad. So utilise it. Freshen it up.

Also. I love Frank. But letting Lawrence back on to the bench and leaving Jozefzoon out the squad was an awful decision. Lawrence hasn't done anything to come back in and we've looked better since he's been out. His stupidity against Rotherham and he just walks back in to the squad at the first time of asking.

Not impressed that Lawrence waltzes straight back in. Jozefzoon deserved to start, Lawrence should wait. Hopefully until May 

13 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

But don’t worry! We’ve got Norwich next! They’re totally not on a 4 game win streak or anything! Easy 3 points.

If Norwich don't just defend for 90% of the game with two compact banks of 4 and actually try and attack we will probably do better against them. Its the more physical defensive teams we seem to struggle with.

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

How can people question the team selection when the energy put in was superb. The closing down, the recoveries, the build up play through the pitch.... what bit exactly indicated that we were tired? 

We played better in this game than the Hull game that we won

People see the result and make assumptions. Saw the first half described as the worst of the season, We were much worse vs reading, Millwall Hull and probably worse vs Rotherham.

2 minutes ago, adamscybot said:

I don't think there's a lack of effort -- but theirs definitely concerns teams might look at what bolton and rotheram have done and use the same tactics. We struggle to break it down; but its a lack of quality or alternate game plan.

Probably should of stuck mariott and waghorn up front together at half time.

We created chances. Mount had the best chance of the Bolton game. It wasn't a complete shutout by Parkinson's master tactics. 

For the first 10 minutes they looked scared until Forsyth gave them belief with a idiotic lazy pass and some dodgy all round play

Archived