Crazy Keogh hating

1 hour ago, cannable said:

What’s your counter analysis @KCG? Or are you going to just perpetually shout louder than everyone else?

Alex Pearce was a Championship title winner in a compact defence, low block counter attacking system… torn to shreds when we opened up under Mac 2. 

Albentosa was an absolute marvel in La Liga in Eibar’s deep defence… couldn’t pass wind and too slow to even defend in a high line. 

Shackell took 1,000,001 touches just to play the balk to Warnock 10 feet away! 

Even when we start to look at centre-halves we’ve had who could play… Bucko was absolutely eviscerated by any centre-forward with pace… to the extent that we signed Shotton for the following season purely because he was quick…

And you @TexasRam

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cannable said:

And you @TexasRam

So I don’t get all sorts of abuse I’ll go with......He was our best defender today, as that’s seems to be the standard response each week. In short I don’t really give a poo ?

1 hour ago, KCG said:

It was going wide. Even if it wasn't, would have been cleared by the player behind.

Time for people to stop and acknowledge the truth of what happened there!

Hear hear! Finally someone who tells it like it is. Kalamity Keogh should’ve left it for Lowe.

I mean, yeah, Lowe wasn’t near enough to the goal to stop that going in with his body, but as well all know, telekinesis is legal in the SPL and he picked this up while at Aberdeen. 

Look at all these morons defending him in front of all this factual evidence!

AC7EA616-5544-4F31-8528-08229655FF78.png

1 hour ago, Key clubber said:

“The mistake being him trying to cover  and not connecting to a well placed shot , and deflecting it in” 

Clear as mud, he either connected or he didn’t ? 

Certainly didn’t look like it was going in at the game , and also when I’ve watched it back on Tv.

Wasn’t the mistake by Keogh letting it comes across his body in the first place and not defending it with his left foot, and getting himself in completely the wrong position, hence the own goal. 

Certainly didn’t help in the build up though with Bogle being caught ball watching and being caught completely out of position.  

It was going in. The defence was dropped in the poo by the midfield who lost possession in the final 3rd. Keogh blooming nearly pulled off what would have been a stunning off the line clearance. The were at least 3 other occasions in the game where Keogh stood firm, was well position and made key key tackles and won dangerous headers

some of the criticism is laughable in its ignorance. 

Keogh isn’t a world class defender but he is an excellent player at this level. ( which means you have more flaws than a 25 million pound prem CB .. obviously )

Shock news .. sound as a pound 2.0 Executive mainstream family car isn’t as fast or comfortable as a Bentley Continental. 

Problem we have is a lot mistakes Keogh makes often lead to goals or very good chances for the opposition , I personally didn’t think Keogh made many mistakes today other than deflecting into his net , which like I said in an early statement I think it was going wide if he’d left it . Goals are what are remembered though and unfortunately he’s scored one in his own net. 

Nobody remembers the mistakes Lawerence made in the game or Marriott made because they’ve scored , but I actually thought very little was held up by Marriott today and wasn’t one of his better games but the score sheet will tell you he’s bagged one so he’s done his job.

I would have liked to see if Wisdom could have done a job at centre back today , with Tomori , if it goes pear shaped at least we’ve tried it with no points riding on it, and we wouldn’t have the “let’s drop Keogh and bring in Pearce scenario which we had last season with Pearce putting in one of the worst performance I’ve seen for along time” obviously Pearce  won’t be coming in again as he’s moved on.

Its hard to know what we’ve got unless we try it and and at times I feel we keep persevering when other options are available to try especially in games like this.

21 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Hear hear! Finally someone who tells it like it is. Kalamity Keogh should’ve left it for Lowe.

I mean, yeah, Lowe wasn’t near enough to the goal to stop that going in with his body, but as well all know, telekinesis is legal in the SPL and he picked this up while at Aberdeen. 

Look at all these morons defending him in front of all this factual evidence!

AC7EA616-5544-4F31-8528-08229655FF78.png

Agree with the Lowe thing , he wasn’t anywhere near it and was never going to get back and clear it that was ridiculous, but on the other hand the freeze frame your showing is when the ball has come off Keogh , rather than the ball coming across to him.

I can not believe some fans, Keogh was our best defender again today, if he got injured we really would be in a mess, the og today was one of them things which can happen to any defender, some of you really do not understand the game, good to see Frank going over to Keogh at the end, Frank and any supporter who understands the game , knows how important Keogh is at this level, also to replace Keogh would take 5 million plus at least and as we all know we have not got a pot to piss in, for god sake get behind all the team, we are having a good season, which may turn into a great one. Keogh, Keogh, Keogh.

23 minutes ago, jono said:

It was going in. The defence was dropped in the poo by the midfield who lost possession in the final 3rd. Keogh blooming nearly pulled off what would have been a stunning off the line clearance. The were at least 3 other occasions in the game where Keogh stood firm, was well position and made key key tackles and won dangerous headers

some of the criticism is laughable in its ignorance. 

Keogh isn’t a world class defender but he is an excellent player at this level. ( which means you have more flaws than a 25 million pound prem CB .. obviously )

Shock news .. sound as a pound 2.0 Executive mainstream family car isn’t as fast or comfortable as a Bentley Continental. 

“Stunning off the line clearance” this is how things tend to get exaggerated and are made laughable with the Keogh debating, the line I’m assuming you was referring to him to clearing from was further away than the six yard area line,  so really he didn’t pull off a stunning goal line clearance.

11 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

Agree with the Lowe thing , he wasn’t anywhere near it and was never going to get back and clear it that was ridiculous, but on the other hand the freeze frame your showing is when the ball has come off Keogh , rather than the ball coming across to him.

The ball was actually going wide when I took the screenshot but Keogh moved it. Typical!

Those suggesting the ball was going wide are wrong.  It was going to nestle in the corner and that is very clear.  I don't really see how him deflecting it in could realistically be seen as a 'mistake'... unless of course you are seeking to justify a preconceived view that he is a liabilty.  FWIW he made a few cracking tackles and blocks as well anyway.

Richard Keogh is not a perfect centre half.  He does make the odd error. He is sometimes in the wrong position, makes the wrong choice and he has cost us goals.  JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER CENTRE HALF WHO EVER PLAYED THE GAME!  

He is a good Championship player and - as so many people have pointed out - this is how he should be judged.  He has played over 250 games under several managers, he is an international player who has captained his national team, he has won two player of the year awards.  This would suggest he has done a pretty good job over a long period.  It baffles me that he gets the criticism he does. 

I don't think for a minute that there aren't better centre halves out there, just as there are better players for every position in the team.  Getting a guaranteed improvement on Keogh would be expensive and there have no doubt been areas of greater priority in the recent past, and there probably still are.  He isn't the best, he isn't the worst.  I'm not going to change anybody's mind, but I think that blaming him for all our woes is misguided and unfair.

I am no fan of Keogh, I would not shed a tear if he left Derby, but to lambast him over the 'own goal' is a bit daft, he made an attempt to stop a ball that was going in anyway. I thought today he made some excellent tackles that tended to come from him not having to 'dive in'. In the same way that I wouldn't shed a tear if he left, I would not be overly concerned if he stayed. We have deeper problems than Keogh with the lack of balance and organisation in the side.

6 hours ago, ossieram said:

I look in this thread and read some of the anti Keogh stuff and really do wonder what some of these people are thinking as they watch a game!

I won't go into all the good stuff he does in a game or about the amount of times he saves us with last ditch tackles or headers as he covers for others that have gone missing, because these people are not willing to admit it when he does it week in week out infront of them, so they sure as hell won't accept it from someone telling them on a forum.

I'd just like them to take their eyes off him for one match and concentrate on one other player using their critical eye and see if they can realise that all players make mistakes.

Or maybe something really radical, like occasionally focussing on some of the positive aspects of player and team performances rather than solely digging around for someone to roast. 

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

As a distance fan who often listens to the radio derby overage, I find you need to develop a filter for it.

I'm pretty convinced that a few on here are actually basing everything they spew up on this forum solely on what they derive from Dawes and Spammage commentaries, which is why they are so wildly out of line with the visual evidence. With this in mind, perhaps we could filter Dawes himself rather than expecting said listeners to think for themselves?  I'm thinking this natty little combo would work quite nicely...

hannibal.jpg

gaffa,jpg.jpg

All I picked up from this highlights vid is:

We don't have one single player who is perfect.

The Lawrence set up for Marriott was like watching Messi.

Marriott made the biggest hash of the day in the last seconds. 

Anyone slating him for "not doing what he is paid to do"?  No?  Good!

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

Or maybe something really radical, like occasionally focussing on some of the positive aspects of player and team performances rather than solely digging around for someone to roast. 

There was a classic example of this on Radio Derby after the game... I think we can all agree that our game improved when Nugent came on to ruffle a few feathers and we switched to a 4-4-2... so what does one of the moronic tweeters have read out by Chris Coles...

"The game changed when Bird went off... out of his depth"

Pathetic! ?

Archived