Crazy Keogh hating

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was absolutely fine again today.

His potential OG came from trying to cover for (the impervious from criticism) Bogle totally losing his man and him attempting to cover.

If I had a blank cheque book to improve the defence he’d be third or fourth on the list to replace.

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Keogh by far the best defender today (anyone watching the WHOLE game would agree). The ‘mistake’ being him trying to cover and not connecting to a well placed shot (heading into the bottom corner) and deflecting it in. 

“The mistake being him trying to cover  and not connecting to a well placed shot , and deflecting it in” 

Clear as mud, he either connected or he didn’t ? 

Certainly didn’t look like it was going in at the game , and also when I’ve watched it back on Tv.

Wasn’t the mistake by Keogh letting it comes across his body in the first place and not defending it with his left foot, and getting himself in completely the wrong position, hence the own goal. 

Certainly didn’t help in the build up though with Bogle being caught ball watching and being caught completely out of position.  

I look in this thread and read some of the anti Keogh stuff and really do wonder what some of these people are thinking as they watch a game!

I won't go into all the good stuff he does in a game or about the amount of times he saves us with last ditch tackles or headers as he covers for others that have gone missing, because these people are not willing to admit it when he does it week in week out infront of them, so they sure as hell won't accept it from someone telling them on a forum.

I'd just like them to take their eyes off him for one match and concentrate on one other player using their critical eye and see if they can realise that all players make mistakes.

9 minutes ago, jono said:

The own goal was Richard trying desperately to clear off the line after Evans got robbed. 

And i’d add that he had a good game, moped up a lot of scruffy stuff and brought the ball out either at his feet or with decent clearances. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion .. carry on voicing them, but I have mine. That acknowledges that Keogh isn’t great under certain circumstances, has wobbles and occasional panics but across a season at championship level he is a toweringly good centreback 

7 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

“The mistake being him trying to cover  and not connecting to a well placed shot , and deflecting it in” 

Clear as mud, he either connected or he didn’t ? 

Certainly didn’t look like it was going in at the game , and also when I’ve watched it back on Tv.

Wasn’t the mistake by Keogh letting it comes across his body in the first place and not defending it with his left foot, and getting himself in completely the wrong position, hence the own goal. 

Certainly didn’t help in the build up though with Bogle being caught ball watching and being caught completely out of position.  

Watch the replay... was going in no matter what... keogh only made it go in to the center of the goal rather than the bottom corner.

23 minutes ago, David said:

Keogh gets a foot on it = own goal

Keogh gets nothing on it = Redmond goal

Either way, it was a goal. 

These highlights on the BBC don’t show it that well, during the game they showed a pitch level camera replay.

Lovely flight it was, a little turbulence just after half time which smoothed itself out. Didn’t get a chance to grab any duty free.

My flight was a full five minutes behind Radio Derby's.

Which perfectly illustrated just how far Radio Derby can be off.

Sitters from 6 yds become half chances from the edge of the box, etc, etc.

The inbuilt anti bias towards Keogh displayed on Radio Derby does them no credit at all.

1 hour ago, unclej said:

Another disaster for our Richard. I'm starting to prefer him wildly out of position and out of the game than actually taking up the position he is paid to cover where he is either ball watching or flinging himself prostate.

We know he gives his heart and soul for Derby but we have never been good enough to continually make up for his errors and lack of discipline.

2:47 sums he up completely. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46730962

Tells me everything I need to know about you, Unbelievable.

Archived