Crazy Keogh hating

14 minutes ago, superzak said:

There has to be better out there than Richard Keogh...

We went to press high and play from the back.

Thus you are looking for centre-halves with distinctive skill sets. 

You are looking for an absolute diamond or a £10,000,000 purchase if you want to improve on Keogh. 

Many of the suggested replacements people come up with are “head it and kick it” players and we’ve seen enough of those, many even previous promotion winners, torn apart in such a defensive set-up.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Watch the replay... was going in no matter what... keogh only made it go in to the center of the goal rather than the bottom corner.

I’ve watched it over and over again and still can’t see it going in without his intervention. 

4 minutes ago, superzak said:

Thats not fully true...lol...Lampard gets us a lot of publicity because of who he was, a brilliant player....manager is a lot different. I dont think this team is a lot better than last season under Gary...just more entertaining

Do you mind not changing the subject you're supposed to be slagging off Keogh for no apparent reason .

1 minute ago, Key clubber said:

I’ve watched it over and over again and still can’t see it going in without his intervention. 

It depends which angle you watch it from. Some look like it was definitely going in. Some look more 50/50.

either way, it doesn't matter. Keogh doesn't have the luxury of freeze frame. He simply has to try to get a block on it.

unfortunately he can't get enough on it, and is too close to goal.

if he'd left it and it went in, then he'd get slaughtered.

what i object to is Snidey Ed saying whether it was going wide or not didn't matter because "Richard Keogh decided to put it in anyway".

Part of the reason Keogh gets so much hate is Ed Dawes being overly negative. Ridiculous to be honest. Keogh was our best defender today, deserves praise not criticism. I'd rather he try keep a ball that is going in out then just let it go in anyway. Today's game isn't a good reason to attack Keogh when he played well. 

What’s your counter analysis @KCG? Or are you going to just perpetually shout louder than everyone else?

Alex Pearce was a Championship title winner in a compact defence, low block counter attacking system… torn to shreds when we opened up under Mac 2. 

Albentosa was an absolute marvel in La Liga in Eibar’s deep defence… couldn’t pass wind and too slow to even defend in a high line. 

Shackell took 1,000,001 touches just to play the balk to Warnock 10 feet away! 

Even when we start to look at centre-halves we’ve had who could play… Bucko was absolutely eviscerated by any centre-forward with pace… to the extent that we signed Shotton for the following season purely because he was quick…

19 minutes ago, superzak said:

Thats not fully true...lol...Lampard gets us a lot of publicity because of who he was, a brilliant player....manager is a lot different. I dont think this team is a lot better than last season under Gary...just more entertaining

Which bit isn't true?

58 minutes ago, Wrightdcfc said:

I'm not blaming him for th OG just his overall performance was horrendous. But the whole back 4 is shocking.. Max Lowe isn't the answer either his crosses are woeful. Didn't know what every one expected though playing in that post Scottish league. 

Really?

37 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I doubt whether some critics were even at the game and are simply influenced by Ed Dawes.

Is that the Ed Dawes who, when their 2nd goal went in, said something along the lines of "well that's game over, goodnight".

The bloke is so unprofessional.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Is that the Ed Dawes who, when their 2nd goal went in, said something along the lines of "well that's game over, goodnight".

Honestly have no idea how people can listen to the radio, they make everything sound hugely negative even when we play well. Owen Bradley was the only good part of Radio Derby and he left, Ed Dawes and Craig Ramage are terrible.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

....and who everytime Ramage said Lawrence set up Marriott for the first, kept saying " i think it was Nugent actually".

it was Lawrence. 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Honestly have no idea how people can listen to the radio, they make everything sound hugely negative even when we play well. Owen Bradley was the only good part of Radio Derby and he left, Ed Dawes and Craig Ramage are terrible.

Its was good against norwich with adam bolder on the other 2 are shocking! Ramage thinks he is Messi and a world beater 

Archived