Crazy Keogh hating

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a most unusual seat in the lower section of the West Stand, and well in line with Redmond's shot, my gut reaction, which I've not changed having watched it on telly, is that it wasn't going directly in.

My gut reaction, which I've not changed, is Keogh didn't need to slash at it in the way he did and could have dealt with it a little calmer.

My gut reaction, which I've not changed, is that he was stretching having been sold well short by Bogle going walkabout.

My gut reaction, which I've not changed, is that it was unfortunate and doesn't warrant the level of criticism it's getting on here from some.

17 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I'm not sure why my photo evidence was described as biased by @KCG  

one freeze frame identified where the ball was when it was kicked towards goal

the second shows a line from that point through the ball prior to keogh touching it.

the end of the line comes out wherever it comes out. It just happens to be inside the post.

It could have been one of those knuckleball thingamabobs our Mexican friend liked to bang on about

Going back to the title of the thread why is it called Keogh hating?

Personally I think Richard Keogh is a great bloke with a heart as big as a bucket.

Unfortunately I think he is, & for a while has been, a weak link in the team & I'd prefer he was moved on.

I certainly don't hate the bloke though. Far from it.

It's neither here nor there whether the ball was going into the net or not. Keogh was unlucky that he put it in the net when trying to clear it. He was also unlucky when he sliced a ball out for a corner in the second half. These things happen. (btw my view of their goal was that the ball was going in anyway and Keogh at least got something on it)

I'd be more concerned about these basic mistakes in the Southampton game. Both happened towards the end of the game. 

Keogh was coming out of defence on the right. Southampton picked up a ball and put it past Keogh into the space behind him to Redmond. Redmond was 2 yards behind Keogh when he got the ball. Keogh had switched off and left his man. Luckily for us Redmond missed his attempt on that instance.

Worse still. Keogh was standing on the edge of our keeper's area as they had the ball. The ball was out in our left back position level with the edge of the penno area. One of there players was a yard or two away from Keogh - but behind him. Keogh had a look round including towards their man (behind him). Keogh looked across at the ball. Their boy stepped back (Keogh couldn't see this). They crossed the ball inside and above Keogh. Their lad had a free header which, luckily for us, he put into Roo's hands. 

Yes - the cross should have been stopped out left. But Keogh had seen his man then switched off - giving his man a free header from a few yards out. 

The deflected goal is an irrelevance. These two basic defensive errors aren't.

3 hours ago, KCG said:

Moron posts a still photo, which in no way gives us any idea of the state of play before Keogh deflected it into the goal.

All you have to do is watch the Sky footage of the goal and you will see that mine and others description of the original shot going wide is correct. Of course, you can be thick and go on believing it would have gone in without Keogh.

From watching the sky coverage I can safely say it was going in... so much so that the people who’s job it is to award own goals if a shot is not going in awarded the goal to Redmond... everybody is entitled to their own opinion but just because somebody doesn’t agree doesn’t mean they are a ‘thick’ or a ‘moron’ 

22 hours ago, cannable said:

Does it not say enough that people are trying to bash him for not getting enough of a toe on a shot that may or may not have been going in, when he was attempting to cover for another player’s mistake? 

It says just how closely people are watching for errors. 

He should have left it. He should stop blocking shots all together. You just never know where they will end up. 

Just move, Richard!

1 hour ago, ChrisKeogh said:

It's neither here nor there whether the ball was going into the net or not. Keogh was unlucky that he put it in the net when trying to clear it. He was also unlucky when he sliced a ball out for a corner in the second half. These things happen. (btw my view of their goal was that the ball was going in anyway and Keogh at least got something on it)

I'd be more concerned about these basic mistakes in the Southampton game. Both happened towards the end of the game. 

Keogh was coming out of defence on the right. Southampton picked up a ball and put it past Keogh into the space behind him to Redmond. Redmond was 2 yards behind Keogh when he got the ball. Keogh had switched off and left his man. Luckily for us Redmond missed his attempt on that instance.

Worse still. Keogh was standing on the edge of our keeper's area as they had the ball. The ball was out in our left back position level with the edge of the penno area. One of there players was a yard or two away from Keogh - but behind him. Keogh had a look round including towards their man (behind him). Keogh looked across at the ball. Their boy stepped back (Keogh couldn't see this). They crossed the ball inside and above Keogh. Their lad had a free header which, luckily for us, he put into Roo's hands. 

Yes - the cross should have been stopped out left. But Keogh had seen his man then switched off - giving his man a free header from a few yards out. 

The deflected goal is an irrelevance. These two basic defensive errors aren't.

Is this a joke? Tell me you are not for real? If you are serious I just give up.....best thing Richard can do is move to get away from the bile and spite  from a vocal football retarded minority. 

1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

From watching the sky coverage I can safely say it was going in... so much so that the people who’s job it is to award own goals if a shot is not going in awarded the goal to Redmond... everybody is entitled to their own opinion but just because somebody doesn’t agree doesn’t mean they are a ‘thick’ or a ‘moron’ 

Hmm... I suggest you read the insults thrown by the person I responded to before you come to the conclusion you have. I merely responded in kind because apparently it's fine to throw insults about. I thought it was against the rules, but apparently not! Anyone saying Keogh is not as good as some think he is, is met with insults. We can't even say he makes mistakes, which he often does.

1 minute ago, KCG said:

Hmm... I suggest you read the insults thrown by the person I responded to before you come to the conclusion you have. I merely responded in kind because apparently it's fine to throw insults about. I thought it was against the rules, but apparently not! Anyone saying Keogh is not as good as some think he is, is met with insults. We can't even say he makes mistakes, which he often does.

More on this is unnecessary now.

Another game on Friday.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

I'm not sure why my photo evidence was described as biased by @KCG  

one freeze frame identified where the ball was when it was kicked towards goal

the second shows a line from that point through the ball prior to keogh touching it.

the end of the line comes out wherever it comes out. It just happens to be inside the post.

You are just making an assumption. I was replying to someone else and his photo, from which there is no way anyone could make out what had happened or was going to happen. Have a look it!

To be frank I don't care what line you have drawn, because my opinion, and that of others, is that from the TV motion pictures (!) it was clear it was not going in.

Keogh should have and could have, calmly cleared the shot anyway.

12 minutes ago, KCG said:

Who insulted you ?

2 minutes ago, KCG said:

You are just making an assumption. I was replying to someone else and his photo, from which there is no way anyone could make out what had happened or was going to happen. Have a look it!

To be frank I don't care what line you have drawn, because my opinion, and that of others, that from the TV motion pictures (!) it was clear it was not going in.

Keogh should have and could have, calmly cleared the shot.

If it was clear that it wasn't going in then surely the goal was given as an own goal, right? score.PNG.80f4dcde1903962e7209144f7f52ad03.PNG

Oh wait...

Archived