Crazy Keogh hating

This really is a strange thread and must be the only topic more divisive than the brexit debate. I personally like Keogh, think he’s very good at this level and wouldn’t dream of spending money to replace him without replacing 5/6 first team players first. However when on occasion he has a mare he should be open to criticism on a fans forum ( not at the match) just like the rest of them. I loathe the unwarranted abuse he gets for every goal we concede but he shouldn’t be above criticism like some seem to think. 

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What people are saying is that every manager who has come through derby, which is Clough (who bought him), McLaren (twice), Clement, Pearson, Rowett and Lampard are all wrong. They have all selected him as first choice centre half. Now at least two of them had money to replace him but have not. That isn’t even including Wassall and Powell as caretaker who also selected him. Are these professionals all wrong. Plus he got selected for Ireland under O’Neill and Keane. I am fairly certain that if Roy Keane thinks you are poo then he would say. Is it Keogh or a lack of protection in front of him.

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

This really is a strange thread and must be the only topic more divisive than the brexit debate. I personally like Keogh, think he’s very good at this level and wouldn’t dream of spending money to replace him without replacing 5/6 first team players first. However when on occasion he has a mare he should be open to criticism on a fans forum ( not at the match) just like the rest of them. I loathe the unwarranted abuse he gets for every goal we concede but he shouldn’t be above criticism like some seem to think. 

This is so weak. Can you quote a single post that states 'Keogh is above criticism'? Keogh makes mistakes. Nobody is debating that. It's the level of blame apportioned to the man that has folk disagreeing. The alleged own goal yesterday is a case in point. The goal has been officially awarded to Redmond but some are still insistent that it was all down to Keogh. The fact is, no matter what he does for the side, no matter how well he plays, there are a good few on here who will always go out of their way to find reasons to roast the fella. 

1 hour ago, Warwick Ram said:

What people are saying is that every manager who has come through derby, which is Clough (who bought him), McLaren (twice), Clement, Pearson, Rowett and Lampard are all wrong. They have all selected him as first choice centre half. Now at least two of them had money to replace him but have not. That isn’t even including Wassall and Powell as caretaker who also selected him. Are these professionals all wrong. Plus he got selected for Ireland under O’Neill and Keane. I am fairly certain that if Roy Keane thinks you are poo then he would say. Is it Keogh or a lack of protection in front of him.

Haven’t a few managers dropped Keogh for his performances ? 

Based on the Republic of Ireland scenario  which means you probably qualify if your dog’s been bred over there , i wouldn’t read to much into Keogh being picked , bearing in mind Pearce is his understoody as well at international level  and he hasn’t  kicked a competitive ball from god knows when. 

Regarding money to replace him the areas we’ve needed to improve have far out weighed the centre back positions , this is no longer the case , we have a loan centre back who will almost certainly go back at the end of the season , an ageing Davis who will be looking for his last contract if any, and a defender in Keogh who’s mistakes are becoming more and more regular. 

Can’t deny Keogh is a great servant to the club just like Bryson has been but now is the time to replace.

So under Rowett where we had at least 8 players constantly defending, Keogh and Carson had lots of clean sheets to thier name 

this season we defend with about 3-4 players and they are useless - it does have an impact all this attacking you know ! 

Keogh is still one of the best defenders in the league still and he will be replaced if and when we can afford to spend money and get somebody who is better - which should be in the premiership 

4 hours ago, Key clubber said:

Based on the Republic of Ireland scenario  which means you probably qualify if your dog’s been bred over there , i wouldn’t read to much into Keogh being picked , bearing in mind Pearce is his understoody as well at international level  and he hasn’t  kicked a competitive ball from god knows when. 

Regarding money to replace him the areas we’ve needed to improve have far out weighed the centre back positions , this is no longer the case , we have a loan centre back who will almost certainly go back at the end of the season , an ageing Davis who will be looking for his last contract if any, and a defender in Keogh who’s mistakes are becoming more and more regular. 

Can’t deny Keogh is a great servant to the club just like Bryson has been but now is the time to replace.

So what you are saying is that the ROI can basically pick anybody from around the world to play for them, but they still choose Keogh! He must be crap then.

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

So what you are saying is that the ROI can basically pick anybody from around the world to play for them, but they still choose Keogh! He must be crap then.

Or just the players asked to play for ROI want to play at a higher level internationally so decline their invite ,l’ll let you work that one out .

The constant sniping at Keogh is greatly down to the Wembley Final. He is being treated like a spouse who has cheating on their partner.

In subsequent years, you're till together but every text, 20 minutes delay or works xmas do is a source of suspicion and damnation.

Once again he has been our best defender this season, he was our best defender by a mile yesterday but still we  those who feel cheated all over Radio Derby after the game.

I really hope we can get promoted while he is at the club. It would mean so much to him.   

5 hours ago, Key clubber said:

Based on the Republic of Ireland scenario  which means you probably qualify if your dog’s been bred over there

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

11 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

Or just the players asked to play for ROI want to play at a higher level internationally so decline their invite ,l’ll let you work that one out .

giphy.gif

Archived