Tom Huddlestone

Oldben

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Huddlestone with Mount and Bryson would be my first choice pairing at the moment. If Stoke chucked money at it then we should look at it due to the circumstances of the squad, not like we don’t have options, but he’s definitely the best choice at the moment. Anything over £4m and it needs to be looked at though. 

What £4m on a loan? In Mount, Hudds and Bryson who’s going to do the dirty work and win the ball in them 3?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

In every single game so far we have missed that calming influence. Someone who can put their foot on the ball. Hit balls into the channels for our wingers to run on to. We miss that killer pass from deep. The past 3 games. We've not had this. The midfield is non existent.

Huddlestone is our best holding midfielder at the minute (Saw Evans at Oldham and he looks good, but too early for a proper judgement) 

Thorne and Evans after that you'd have to say. Ledley isn't really the answer and Johnson won't be a defensive midfielder as long as he as a hole in his arse.

Letting Huddlestone go on loan would literally make no sense whatsoever.

Also interesting that Lampard has said that Martin and Anya will be in the U23s team tonight. No mention of Thorne at all.

If Thorne doesn't play for the U23s tonight, wouldn't be surprised to see him in the squad tomorrow at all.

Im still clinging to the very small hope that we can get Thorne of when we first signed him. Because what a player we would have. 

I'd get rid of Johnson and Ledley before Thorne. If he can get some games and prove his fitness before Jan. Id be tempted to offer him a new deal on reduced terms. 

I'd be happy to get back 75% of that player, as he'd still be a force in this division. 

The loan window is there to be exploited. Already a number of players moving around on loan and with an agreement to sign permanently in January. Need to dazzle someone by also offering one or more of our misfits on loan in return. 

In the friendlies it looked like Ledley had got the nod as our holding midfielder.

I think it would be a mistake to let Huddlestone leave. He was excellent for the majority of the season, and I'm sure he would hold equal value for us this season.

In a 433 though id worry that he would also be left exposed just as our other midfielders have been through bombing forwards all the time. 

Getting the balance right in midfield is key to the season. 

3 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Was with you all the way until I read that bit! Ledley has no pace and no place,hopefully, in our future.He was a panic signing by Rowett and his race is run.Can’t wait until he’s gone and the his wages are spent on someone who can actually move around quickly instead of being totally bypassed.

Im not saying Ledley is fast etc but he is more mobile than Huddlestone, surely you cant argue that? Im not saying he is better than Huddlestone because he isnt

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Likelihood of Brentford letting us take Woods on loan? Zero I would suggest.

Well he was left out due to interest from Swansea, so a loan to owe in Jan? Not rocket science, pretty sure they are a bigger threat than us currently 

12 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Well he was left out due to interest from Swansea, so a loan to owe in Jan? Not rocket science, pretty sure they are a bigger threat than us currently 

Would be crazy to loan out one of your top players now, even with a view to a permanent, due to the difficulty Brentford would have in finding a replacement that someone else is willing to loan. I don’t see him going anywhere until January.

Sell

but if its a loan to rowett then it has to be for a guaranteed permanent in jan and for min £4.5m for shafting us on Hughes.

evans and thorne can play the role.

Archived