Tom Huddlestone

Oldben

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
13 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

Derby have been reliant on a defensive midfielder for years now. I think Lampard is changing this to a team where we have old fashioned midfielders who do a bit of everything. I blame FIFA and football manager for convincing everyone that midfielders are either attacking or defensive rather than a bit of both. 

The absence of a fit DM cost us promotion in 2014-15 . Thorne eustace and even that Spanish guy all out injured at the same time. Plus chris Martin and Darren bent out injured at the same time. 

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

The absence of a fit DM cost us promotion in 2014-15 . Thorne eustace and even that Spanish guy all out injured at the same time. Plus chris Martin and Darren bent out injured at the same time. 

Raul Albentosa the man who we bought and had to loan him out after half a season cuz he was awful

16 hours ago, David said:

Is that any good? Came up as a recommendation on Amazon, was tempted but not sure I can stomach a book full of Chelsea just because he's our manager now. 

Buy the updated version next year that includes an added chapter on the Derby Premier League promotion.

If football was 30 minutes each half I'd agree with everything said but Tom is getting on a bit and slows down so much in the final third of a match. This is not rugby, you can't go into a game knowing that you will have to sub one specific player on the hour mark.

Can't have it all ways round, can't be excited by new signings, bemoan our large squad, fret about FPP, grumble about the average age of our squad and then have another munter when we sell an ageing player who still has a good market value.

Archived