Tom Huddlestone

Oldben

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be my first choice to leave, but that said our squad is far too big and off all the saleable assets we have - he would be the one I'd be willing to sacrifice  -  Lets face it, we aren't gonna get any real money for Martin, Blackman, Butterfield, Anya etc

14 minutes ago, Slim charles said:

Wouldn't be my first choice to leave, but that said our squad is far too big and off all the saleable assets we have - he would be the one I'd be willing to sacrifice  -  Lets face it, we aren't gonna get any real money for Martin, Blackman, Butterfield, Anya etc

How many shares do you hold Slim?

He hasn't had a lot of minutes pre-season but when he came on against either Southampton or Wolves (can't remember which!) he played some lovely through balls along the ground - he doesn't just splay passes to the wings.

I'd like to keep him over Ledley if we can.

2 minutes ago, Slim charles said:

Just a sensible way of running a club, especially with FFP books have to be balanced and unfortunately we have alot of dross that no-one (sane anyway) is gonna spend money on!

Can’t disagree with much of that, but unless you are fully aware of our finances why suggest sacrificing anyone just because they are worth something. We may really have no need to get money in. I suspect there might be a more pressing desire to get a load of unproductive wages off the books. Huddlestone’s wage is not one of them l would suggest.

Can't understand the clamour to get shot of Huddlestone. especially at the 'good value' figures being quoted of £2-3 million. Nor do I agree with the comment that Frank could easily replace him for that money. Who with? And what's the point in buying so much pace and attacking threat then selling the player best able to find them with a pass? Sure, we need to shift a few out to be comfortable but Hudds ain't one of them.

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Can't understand the clamour to get shot of Huddlestone. especially at the 'good value' figures being quoted of £2-3 million. Nor do I agree with the comment that Frank could easily replace him for that money. Who with? And what's the point in buying so much pace and attacking threat then selling the player best able to find them with a pass? Sure, we need to shift a few out to be comfortable but Hudds ain't one of them.

Pretty much agree with all that and another point we need to consider is we are no longer looking at the oldest squad in the division that needs legs ,, that has been addressed so we also need to be keeping some cool headed experienced quality to blend with our new youngsters 

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Amazingly I’ve been a season ticket holder since before Huddlestones first spell with us and I still haven’t seen him score, I was at the Notts county game and still missed his goal ?

You weren't at the game against Wolves when he'd been loaned to them immediately after signing for Spurs?

Scored his first goal at pride park against us.

• 2 weeks later...

Stoke interested in signing Tom Huddlestone on loan as Gary Rowett eyes a reunion with Derby midfielder

• Stoke boss Gary Rowett wants to sign Derby midfielder Tom Huddlestone
  • The veteran is concerned about playing time under Frank Lampard
  • It is likely a loan will be agreed to be made permanent next summer

Stoke manager Gary Rowett wants to sign Tom Huddlestone from his old club Derby County on loan until the end of the season.

Huddlestone has yet to feature for new Derby boss Frank Lampard despite playing 47 times last season as Rowett led The Rams to the Championship playoffs.

It's understood that initial discussions have taken place and both Derby and Huddlestone would be open to him leaving on loan with a view to a permanent move next summer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6078847/Stoke-interested-signing-Tom-Huddlestone-loan.html

Archived