Tom Huddlestone

Oldben

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, David said:

How is Warnock trying to do a number on us. The latest is Rowett was said to be interested in taking him to Stoke. 

Sorry David. I am not up to speed. 

Keep Tom at all costs. Rowett is trying to do a number on us. 

20 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

John Percy on Steve bloomers washing saying he expects huddlestone to be made available for around the £2m mark

I could only accept this if we had a top quality replacement for him.

£2m is nothing compared to what he could bring to the team this season but he’s probably on a fair amount in wages and isn’t getting any younger.

Imagine if we didn’t replace him though...

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

I could only accept this if we had a top quality replacement for him.

£2m is nothing compared to what he could bring to the team this season but he’s probably on a fair amount in wages and isn’t getting any younger.

Imagine if we didn’t replace him though...

Thorne when fit (and that's imminent)is a better fit than Huddlestone in this system and is a better player all round....we could do with a back up though.

FL wants to play from the back, which is fine if you have the players for it, Huddlestone is easily the best option for this and is the most at ease with picking the ball up from the defenders. It would be crazy to let him depart with where this current team is and what it lacks. Last season we said we needed legs around Huddlestone, now we have Bryson, Mount, maybe Evans so now we just need to fit this jigsaw back together.

3 minutes ago, inter politics said:

FL wants to play from the back, which is fine if you have the players for it, Huddlestone is easily the best option for this and is the most at ease with picking the ball up from the defenders. It would be crazy to let him depart with where this current team is and what it lacks. Last season we said we needed legs around Huddlestone, now we have Bryson, Mount, maybe Evans so now we just need to fit this jigsaw back together.

Exactly ! .. sure he might not be long term, but when he came on in the Soton friendly we stopped being just easy on the eye we started being effective. With all this young blood and high energy there is a need for some old fashioned mature class.  He is the glue. 

32 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Thorne when fit (and that's imminent)is a better fit than Huddlestone in this system and is a better player all round....we could do with a back up though.

Also true, but Hudds in the bird in your hand rather than George who's still very much in the bushes. .. I'd be the first to cheer when George walks on the pitch but can he, and can he strut as of old.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Thorne or Evans?

Either or??   But they know more than we do.  A few weeks ago we refused to sell Huddz on the basis he was too valuable to us............ since when he has been in sickbay and we have played without him. Yes he would settle things down at the back but its would reduce the wages bill and HE might like the chance of a longer contract  even if it is further from home...............

Out of interest is Ledley just out of the picture or injured??

Just now, t'oldu said:

Either or??   But they know more than we do.  A few weeks ago we refused to sell Huddz on the basis he was too valuable to us............ since when he has been in sickbay and we have played without him. Yes he would settle things down at the back but its would reduce the wages bill and HE might like the chance of a longer contract  even if it is further from home...............

We have an option to extend it I believe 

Archived