Tom Huddlestone

Oldben

If this is true (given its the mail hopefully not) then I will start to devolp serious doubts over the direction we’re going in, especially with Thorne all but out the door as well. In the system we’re playing, it’s abosolutely vital we have a proper defensive mid who can dictate the play. It’s exactly what we’ve been missing so far this season, and it’s giving me slight doubts over Lampard that he seems to neglect the importance of the role. Thus far ive given it the benefit of the doubt because neither Thorne or Huddlestone have been properly fit and Evans hasn’t been here long, but one of those three needs to be playing in every game. If Huddlestone has doubts over his appearances then we’ve got a problem imo.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

If this is true (given its the mail hopefully not) then I will start to devolp serious doubts over the direction we’re going in, especially with Thorne all but out the door as well. In the system we’re playing, it’s abosolutely vital we have a proper defensive mid who can dictate the play. It’s exactly what we’ve been missing so far this season, and it’s giving me slight doubts over Lampard that he seems to neglect the importance of the role. Thus far ive given it the benefit of the doubt because neither Thorne or Huddlestone have been properly fit and Evans hasn’t been here long, but one of those three needs to be playing in every game. If Huddlestone has doubts over his appearances then we’ve got a problem imo.

But #lampsin, yeah?

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

But #lampsin, yeah?

Yeah because, like I said, at the moment I’ve got nothing other than a daily mail article to indicate lampards lack of CDM use so far is anything other than because they’ve not been available. If it’s proven otherwise then I’ll have some doubts, but it’s far too early to judge yet regardless.

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

How do you know Thorne’s on his way? Have I missed Frank saying so?

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Really? By getting rid of someone who is the wrong side of 30 that would make you have serious doubts over the direction we're going in which is pretty clear - young, fast paced + high intensity, none of which suit Huddlestone. 

I really rate Huddlestone and was happy when he was back but for me there's only space for either him and Ledley and the latter is more mobile so suits Lampard's style more. I personally think Evans will cement himself in the side soon enough anyway.

16 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Really? By getting rid of someone who is the wrong side of 30 that would make you have serious doubts over the direction we're going in which is pretty clear - young, fast paced + high intensity, none of which suit Huddlestone. 

I really rate Huddlestone and was happy when he was back but for me there's only space for either him and Ledley and the latter is more mobile so suits Lampard's style more. I personally think Evans will cement himself in the side soon enough anyway.

But not everyone in the team can be that way, otherwise we’ll just come unstuck time and time again like we have in the previous two league games. We need someone with a bit of experience and guile in there to provide the foundations and control to allow the youth in the team to thrive going forward. I don’t think ledley adds that sort of control myself, haven’t seen enough of Evans to say one way or another. Either way up, what Lampard has said in the media indicates the opposite to what the mail claims, and I think he does value Huddlestone so hopefully that’s just balls and he comes out and saves us tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ledley was awful against Leeds and if frank hasnt learnt anything after Leeds and Millwall time to be concerned we need experience in that slot to tighten things up for the next few games and stop teams playing through us. Letting Huddlestone go is not the way to do it. Young fast paced and high intensity as you put it will not work without a solid base and at the moment we haven't got it 

Huddlestone with Mount and Bryson would be my first choice pairing at the moment. If Stoke chucked money at it then we should look at it due to the circumstances of the squad, not like we don’t have options, but he’s definitely the best choice at the moment. Anything over £4m and it needs to be looked at though. 

36 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Was with you all the way until I read that bit! Ledley has no pace and no place,hopefully, in our future.He was a panic signing by Rowett and his race is run.Can’t wait until he’s gone and the his wages are spent on someone who can actually move around quickly instead of being totally bypassed.

In every single game so far we have missed that calming influence. Someone who can put their foot on the ball. Hit balls into the channels for our wingers to run on to. We miss that killer pass from deep. The past 3 games. We've not had this. The midfield is non existent.

Huddlestone is our best holding midfielder at the minute (Saw Evans at Oldham and he looks good, but too early for a proper judgement) 

Thorne and Evans after that you'd have to say. Ledley isn't really the answer and Johnson won't be a defensive midfielder as long as he as a hole in his arse.

Letting Huddlestone go on loan would literally make no sense whatsoever.

Also interesting that Lampard has said that Martin and Anya will be in the U23s team tonight. No mention of Thorne at all.

If Thorne doesn't play for the U23s tonight, wouldn't be surprised to see him in the squad tomorrow at all.

Im still clinging to the very small hope that we can get Thorne of when we first signed him. Because what a player we would have. 

I'd get rid of Johnson and Ledley before Thorne. If he can get some games and prove his fitness before Jan. Id be tempted to offer him a new deal on reduced terms. 

Archived