Tom Huddlestone

Oldben

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The practicality of this is that if they offer upward of £3.5m he's going to be gone. He cost 2 and only has a year left on his contract and so business wise it makes sense. Hopefully we would have somebody else identified to play that role. As well as retaining Ledley. I doubt we'd find somebody who can spray the ball around or read the game as well now but it makes commercial sense to do a deal at those numbers. 

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

This one could be an auction. 

Would take Huddlestone to Swansea and plus £1m and Clucas on loan. Or they back away from the Woods deal and he comes to us. 

They paid £15m for Clucas a year ago and he was close to joining Burnley but his £50k p/w wage demands apparently saw the deal fall through. Probably unlikely that they're going to chuck him in a deal for a midfielder that'll likely cost them ~2-3mil.

12 minutes ago, Kernow said:

They paid £15m for Clucas a year ago and he was close to joining Burnley but his £50k p/w wage demands apparently saw the deal fall through. Probably unlikely that they're going to chuck him in a deal for a midfielder that'll likely cost them ~2-3mil.

No chance with Clucas.....on his way to Wolves. If Hudders goes would be nice to bring Woods in.....

24 minutes ago, Kernow said:

They paid £15m but they accepted a bid, widely reported, to be £8m from Burnley. It stated that he failed to agree personal terms but there are guesses about the £50k. I'm sure you're right and it's not possible but was highlighting the point the deal has to work for us. 

Still feel like we're missing a tackler in midfield. Someone to break it up and smash a few of their players if required. 

28 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Clucas isn’t fit to lace Huddlestone boots in terms of ability 

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:52, Jimbo Ram said:

Can't see us getting 4 million for him. I reckon he could end up back with the snake who really rates him....

My hunch might be right...according to my Potter Season Ticket Holder mate there are rumours that Stoke are in for a Rams midfielder...not sure how I feel about this one. If we get 2-3 million for him would that be good business??

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

My hunch might be right...according to my Potter Season Ticket Holder mate there are rumours that Stoke are in for a Rams midfielder...not sure how I feel about this one. If we get 2-3 million for him would that be good business??

I think so. 

He's a good player, and it is a position in which I think we'd be a little light should we sell him - but 2-3 million is good business.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

They're finalising a deal for Clucas by the looks of it. He's there for a medical now. 

Suspect this gives Swansea the ammunition to buy Woods from Brentford. 

23 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

No - we need him £5 million different story 

17 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

As good as he is on the ball he just isn’t right as a lone holding midfielder, he’s too easy to play around. In a way I think Huddlestones replacement has already been signed in Evans who I think will play a massive part this season.

I’ve thought for a while he’s a Pirlo type. 

Stick him deep with two battlers ahead of him and runners in behind and he’ll create chance after chance. 

18 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Can't have it all ways round, can't be excited by new signings, bemoan our large squad, fret about FPP, grumble about the average age of our squad and then have another munter when we sell an ageing player who still has a good market value.

Seems a little extreme just because you're not in agreement transfer dealings.

Filthy beast.

Apart from age I have no idea why people want to get rid of Huddlestone. The guy is extremely comfortable on the ball, constantly beating the press from 2 or 3 players with absolute ease. If we're going to be playing high up the pitch and passing short, direct and quick we're going to need a fast thinker like Huddlestone.

Last season the general consensus was that Huddlestone needed runners around him to flourish. 

We now have these runners so getting rid of him would be madness for me.

We have an abundance of wingers that will make runs down the flanks and there's no better player in this league at finding them with a pass than Huddlestone. 

At Reading we missed him massively. Whilst Ledley is a good player he hasn't got the passing ability to be able to loft an inch perfect pass over the top to find the runners. 

He's our best defensive midfielder at the moment. 

Archived