Tom Huddlestone

Oldben

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just no! Especially not for £2 mill. How are we going to replace him for that kind of money? What's the point of all the speed merchants if there's nobody capable of picking them out? I'm still hoping this is paper talk but with Percy weighing in it now seems more likely than not. I'm going to be sulking for days if this happens. ?

37 minutes ago, cannable said:

I think Huddlestone’s more creative than he is controlling which isn’t really want a free-flowing team needs in that role.

I think this is where I sit in all this. Huddlestone has a lot qualities, his passing is especially top notch, but I’m not sure if he’s what we need anymore. To do the role we need you need to be positionally astute which I don’t think is Huddlestone’s main attributes. It’s also about the basic passing over 40 yard balls across the pitch and having a bit of character/bite. It’s begging for the John Eustace types really 

Personally feel it will be between Evans and Thorne eventually with Johnson/Ledley being more utility players. 

14 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Hudds £2 mil now or potentially nothing in a year. A mil for Nuge and Jerome now or nothing in a year. Plus a few mil saved on wages. Get rid and buy a quality younger midfielder.

Who can we get from the funds raised by these three at this time? Lets be real too, Ryan Woods isn't realistic. Personally form the sounds of what Frank has said, he wants him round for his football ability, his character and his experience.

5 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think this is where I sit in all this. Huddlestone has a lot qualities, his passing is especially top notch, but I’m not sure if he’s what we need anymore. To do the role we need you need to be positionally astute which I don’t think is Huddlestone’s main attributes. It’s also about the basic passing over 40 yard balls across the pitch and having a bit of character/bite. It’s begging for the John Eustace types really 

Personally feel it will be between Evans and Thorne eventually with Johnson/Ledley being more utility players. 

Hudds still could have a place in this system but I think he would need a mobile ball winner next to him. GT of old or hopefully Evans could fill that roll. Mount isn’t going to get dropped so that means so far this season either Bryson, Ledley and Johnson make way. 

52 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Just no! Especially not for £2 mill. How are we going to replace him for that kind of money? What's the point of all the speed merchants if there's nobody capable of picking them out? I'm still hoping this is paper talk but with Percy weighing in it now seems more likely than not. I'm going to be sulking for days if this happens. ?

Agree. I think we need Davies and Hudders in the team at the moment to give us a bit of stability....

55 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Who can we get from the funds raised by these three at this time? Lets be real too, Ryan Woods isn't realistic. Personally form the sounds of what Frank has said, he wants him round for his football ability, his character and his experience.

Why?

Archived