What's happening with George Thorne?

twinthe_12

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 15:47, jagerbob said:

The man United game in the cup showed me more than anything that Thorne isnt up to it since his injuries and Huddlestone despite being injured was a class act and streets ahead when the opposition is better. Thorne looked great in 2014, but any pace he had then is gone, and because of his limited time at derby in Jan-May 2014 i know am not sure if at his best he would have been as good as Ledley or Huddlestone at their best. One thing is for sure, the offer of a new contract to him was mad, and the decision to allow George Evans to sign now proves it was even madder than i thought at the time. If GT gets fit, i see a loan out of Derby, and them ultimately we will look to offload. ?

He is not the only player we still have on the books that looked good in 2014 but has very little to offer now....

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me utter my first word of caution about Frank's revolution. 

If Frank can integrate all of his new players without causing unrest in the camp he deserves a medal. 

If he can bring our U23 starlets through in the midst of so many new younger players he deserves a medal. 

If he can get 14 points out of the first 18 then he is exceptional. 

This is not evolution but revolution and there is a 23% chance of it backfiring.

If he can get us promotion then he is the man.

He has the tan, he is the man, Frankie?

News flash - Frank to meet with forum moaners. Evening will be advertised as - 

Frankie and the Crankies.

No sign of him in the training photos. Be nice to get some clarity on what the situation is. Injured again? I'd be absolutely gutted to see him leave because, as I've said so many times on this forum, I think he's the best CDM in the division at his best. Absolute class above under McClaren and Clement. 

8 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Thought I’d message his girlfriend privately (I wish I could say that more often) and offer some support, albeit with a touch of blind optimism. Glad to see she responded.

F201DC7C-47A7-40AB-9AC7-E3C9BD124C24.jpeg.b1a89d0bf778adccf8408c65d779a3df.jpeg

Well done mate,what a grown up,mature message.

You’ve put a lot of ‘grown ups’ to shame?

15 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

No sign of him in the training photos. Be nice to get some clarity on what the situation is. Injured again? I'd be absolutely gutted to see him leave because, as I've said so many times on this forum, I think he's the best CDM in the division at his best. Absolute class above under McClaren and Clement. 

Doesn't seem to have a new squad photo on the website either

However the only other player not to have one (apart from newbies) is Olsson - So maybe he's back injured again so can't be in training?

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Well done mate,what a grown up,mature message.

You’ve put a lot of ‘grown ups’ to shame?

Is it that grown up to share the contents of a private message on a public forum?

Surely defeats the object of a private message?

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Is it that grown up to share the contents of a private message on a public forum?

Surely defeats the object of a private message?

There's nothing confidential on there. Just reflects nicely on the young woman that she answered him.

12 hours ago, Redcar said:

Players including GT fitted with the old business model. 

Frank and Jody have created a new business model rendering many players surplus to requirement.

I know right. George was at his best as the #6 in a 4-3-3 and… wait?

I wonder whether the supposedly undisclosed extra payments to west brom have scuppered George's career here.

it would  cost £575k to play him for a season.

whereas we probably bought george evans for less than that..

Feel a bit sorry for Thorne. Lets not forget that when he signed West Brom a midtable premier league side had just given him a 3 year deal and were not at all pleased to be letting him go.  Been watching our midfield for the best part of forty years now and at his best would put him in my top 10 . He also had a pretty decent 15-16 season , people forget how peed off they were when Wassall played him in that meaningless Ipswich match and it did cost us a Wembley trip that year. With Thorne we would have had far too much for Hull.  Alas that double leg break with it's complications be that physical or mental appears to have finished him at this level.  I would be delighted if not as he could still be far and away our best midfielder .  Either way I would never put him in the bracket of the Butterfields and Blackmans if he'd stayed fit we wouldn't be in this league.

Archived