What's happening with George Thorne?

twinthe_12

On 29/07/2018 at 21:17, twinthe_12 said:

Is he still injured or is our best player in midfield about to be sold?

I hope not - but if we get George Evans from Reading could this be a sign to sell someone else like Joe Lesley or Jacob Butterfield that in my veuv has played a lot better than I exspected.

I think we should sell Huddlestone and put Thorne in instead, because I can surely renember how good a player he was when he's playing at all cylinders - he was fantastic.

But do you know why he isn't playing ?

He’s not our best player in midfield mate 

he’s a quality player no doubt but his passing range, accuracy and consistently pales in comparison to Huddlestone

his mobility is on a par with Huddlestones... and that’s not good 

I love GT as much as anybody I really do but like it or not but he seems to have really gone backwards, due to injury probably granted.

that last game against Sunderland and the few leading up to it he struggled, he really did

hes never going to be a mobile player which is fine there’s plenty who have gone to the very top with no mobility but his sharpness to read situations on and off the ball seems  be really lacking 

can’t help but feel too that Lampard wants a fire fighter in the that holding role aka a Kante who ca go around mopping up danger aka Ledley more than a “quarter back” as mac and rowett favoured who could be the focal point to get things moving with ranger passing 

his days may be numbered as his lack of mobility really means he’s a one position player and there better options for the system at the club 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
11 hours ago, ck- said:

Oh dear. I feel asleep with my phone in my hand. Then, half asleep, I tried to correct my error.

Not my finest hour ?

You will tell us owt...you thought it was your tv remote and its the password for the playboy channel 

15 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

He’s not our best player in midfield mate 

he’s a quality player no doubt but his passing range, accuracy and consistently pales in comparison to Huddlestone

his mobility is on a par with Huddlestones... and that’s not good 

I love GT as much as anybody I really do but like it or not but he seems to have really gone backwards, due to injury probably granted.

that last game against Sunderland and the few leading up to it he struggled, he really did

hes never going to be a mobile player which is fine there’s plenty who have gone to the very top with no mobility but his sharpness to read situations on and off the ball seems  be really lacking 

can’t help but feel too that Lampard wants a fire fighter in the that holding role aka a Kante who ca go around mopping up danger aka Ledley more than a “quarter back” as mac and rowett favoured who could be the focal point to get things moving with ranger passing 

his days may be numbered as his lack of mobility really means he’s a one position player and there better options for the system at the club 

The man United game in the cup showed me more than anything that Thorne isnt up to it since his injuries and Huddlestone despite being injured was a class act and streets ahead when the opposition is better. Thorne looked great in 2014, but any pace he had then is gone, and because of his limited time at derby in Jan-May 2014 i know am not sure if at his best he would have been as good as Ledley or Huddlestone at their best. One thing is for sure, the offer of a new contract to him was mad, and the decision to allow George Evans to sign now proves it was even madder than i thought at the time. If GT gets fit, i see a loan out of Derby, and them ultimately we will look to offload. ?

11 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

The man United game in the cup showed me more than anything that Thorne isnt up to it since his injuries and Huddlestone despite being injured was a class act and streets ahead when the opposition is better. Thorne looked great in 2014, but any pace he had then is gone, and because of his limited time at derby in Jan-May 2014 i know am not sure if at his best he would have been as good as Ledley or Huddlestone at their best. One thing is for sure, the offer of a new contract to him was mad, and the decision to allow George Evans to sign now proves it was even madder than i thought at the time. If GT gets fit, i see a loan out of Derby, and them ultimately we will look to offload. ?

If Thorne gets properly fit and gets back into form,he's still our most talented midfielder...god bless Huddlestone,he can't half pass a long ball but he's not exactly mobile is he....Thorne had everything,a stunning long pass,a unbelievable ability to look ahead and place a through ball just so and a real threat on goal too.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

I concur mate 

Just like Forsyth, he’s a spent force at Derby, a crying shame as without injury after injury he would be a premier league player by now . Probably with Derby, I think he could have been good enough to get us up, almost single handed 

I have just got the news regarding Thorne.

so maybe we're up for some good news for the next games of getting him in the team.

"George has an issue with his back, and it was more of a precaution for him to miss the under-23s' game," Lampard added.

So maybe we're up for some good news for the next games ahead regarding getting him the first 11/18.

17 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If Thorne gets properly fit and gets back into form,he's still our most talented midfielder...god bless Huddlestone,he can't half pass a long ball but he's not exactly mobile is he....Thorne had everything,a stunning long pass,a unbelievable ability to look ahead and place a through ball just so and a real threat on goal too.

Not a dig but 4 goals in 70 odd appearances isn't a real goal threat! sorry. 

I would honestly get him to Burton, let him shine in league 1 and if he doesn't we know where his career is at. I'd do the same with a few of our fringe players. Bennett, Thomas, Bogle, I know they've got to want them but they aren't gonne shine in our U23's send them out to the local teams. Burton, Chesterfield, Notts County, Mansfield..

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Quite an interesting post from George Thorne's girlfriend on Instagram if anyone knows how to share it. Certainly struck me as either suggesting that he's about to come back into the first team or he's leaving...

Can you just copy the text? Or tell us her Instagram account.

41 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Quite an interesting post from George Thorne's girlfriend on Instagram if anyone knows how to share it. Certainly struck me as either suggesting that he's about to come back into the first team or he's leaving...

D8BF45F2-7884-4F34-A7FA-CC3A737247B3.thumb.jpeg.781f7fbab4b0d9cfd9531ed2fa781e49.jpeg

19BB5D0D-5E60-43F6-839D-56810083DA1B.jpeg.6f5e722c5e03dd3ead820f62cfbb0351.jpeg

Interesting.

Someone also said in the comments that ‘not everyone knows what’s going on behind the scenes’.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

D8BF45F2-7884-4F34-A7FA-CC3A737247B3.thumb.jpeg.781f7fbab4b0d9cfd9531ed2fa781e49.jpeg

19BB5D0D-5E60-43F6-839D-56810083DA1B.jpeg.6f5e722c5e03dd3ead820f62cfbb0351.jpeg

Interesting.

Someone also said in the comments that ‘not everyone knows what’s going on behind the scenes’.

Great legs... Hers arent bad either.

Archived