What's happening with George Thorne?

twinthe_12

50 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

It's a fair point we have started strongly. Last season we came unstuck because Rowett stuck rigidly with the team that was 'doing the talking' despite it being a long season and the need for depth and variety. Sending Martin out on loan and freezing of George was an epic mistake when we needed to stop the rot and control games. I appreciate it's different now but i think we would be unwise to freeze out a player of George's proven ability. He may yet be integral. Possibly not the point you were making but I've had a beer and I heart George...

I’d argue control is still lacking currently. 

New George looked good to be fair. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

According to @OwenB87 on RamsTV he says (paraphrasing) George has expressed a desire to be involved for the U23s as much as possible. Lots of hesitancy in the few sentences OB and Eddy managed about Thorne - either they know nowt or they ain't saying what they know.

That's positive right? As for Anya and Butterfield however... 

1 minute ago, Shipley Ram said:

My mum went to the game and said George looked very slim and up for it. She also said Alex Pearce won everything in the air and was always shouting organising the defence. She also saw Nugent at the game.

Seriously impressive for Nuge to go to Loughborough to support the U23s the night before a leaue match.

Good to hear that about Thorne and Pearce. If they can help take us to the top of the U23 table then I expect frank will pay attention. He knows he's still learning. Football's one of those games where everything can change very quickly.

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Seriously impressive for Nuge to go to Loughborough to support the U23s the night before a leaue match.

Good to hear that about Thorne and Pearce. If they can help take us to the top of the U23 table then I expect frank will pay attention. He knows he's still learning. Football's one of those games where everything can change very quickly.

Thought I read somewhere that Nuge still lives in that direction, hardly a long trip otherwise! But either way it's great he's there for the younger lads again, model player. 

Also possible that Nuge is only being considered as a sub if at all for tomorrow 

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

According to @OwenB87 on RamsTV he says (paraphrasing) George has expressed a desire to be involved for the U23s as much as possible. Lots of hesitancy in the few sentences OB and Eddy managed about Thorne - either they know nowt or they ain't saying what they know.

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy nut, but maybe George wants to play as many minutes as he can to build up his match fitness and strength as he really wants to get back into the first team?

9 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Thought I read somewhere that Nuge still lives in that direction, hardly a long trip otherwise! But either way it's great he's there for the younger lads again, model player. 

Also possible that Nuge is only being considered as a sub if at all for tomorrow 

Seems like he could be coaching material once he hangs up his boots. Already seems like a great person to have about, which is a good start.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy nut, but maybe George wants to play as many minutes as he can to build up his match fitness and strength as he really wants to get back into the first team?

Or maybe he wants to get fit to move in Jan?

Archived