George Evans - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

Reading Chronicle:

Reading FC: Liam Moore asks to leave and George Evans near exit as Royals close in on striker

By Courtney Friday  @ChronCourtneyReporter

BREAKING

Reading FC: Liam Moore asks to leave and George Evans near exit as Royals close in on striker

LIAM Moore has told Reading FC boss Paul Clement he wants to leave the club after he handed in a transfer request on Friday.

Clement confirmed the news while revealing Royals are close to announcing a new striker, subject to a medical.

Rumours surfaced on Friday that Moore has tried to force a move away from Berkshire after Royals rebuffed multiple bids from Brighton & Hove Albion earlier in the transfer window.

Meanwhile, Clement also revealed that Royals have accepted a fresh bid for George Evans and expect the 23-year-old midfielder to leave in the coming days.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Low risk signing. Unfortunately it means Thorne’s time is up, which breaks my heart a little bit. I don’t think I’ll ever forget the games when he first joined us. He was unbelievable, I just hope he gets back on track. It’s such a shame. 

Totally agree with this, absolutely love him and think he's class... but the poor blokes made of glass. As much as I do like Thorne you can't keep him around just because of memories... let him go and get football if he can and applaud him when he comes home.

Thorne, Hanson & Butterfield could all be close to going, 3 out Evans in would be decent imo. Butterfield seems to have fell off the face of the earth since the u23 game vs Villa.

I mentioned before when Clement was at the Cov game he may be looking at someone like Hanson as part of the deal?

It doesn’t have to mean the end for Thorne. We could send him out on a season long loan to a team like QPR(where he’d be guaranteed to play because of their ffp troubles and under a manager who trusts him). Then next season if things go well, he can be a contender to start again as Ledley and Huddlestone will eventually start to decline because of their age

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It doesn’t have to mean the end for Thorne. We could send him out on a season long loan to a team like QPR(where he’d be guaranteed to play because of their ffp troubles and under a manager who trusts him). Then next season if things go well, he can be a contender to start again as Ledley and Huddlestone will eventually start to decline because of their age

This would surely be the way to go.

I'm just not ready to let go yet, let him prove one way or the other there's still enough left before totally writing him off.

34 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Reading Chronicle:

By Courtney Friday  @ChronCourtneyReporter

BREAKING

LIAM Moore has told Reading FC boss Paul Clement he wants to leave the club after he handed in a transfer request on Friday.

Clement confirmed the news while revealing Royals are close to announcing a new striker, subject to a medical.

Rumours surfaced on Friday that Moore has tried to force a move away from Berkshire after Royals rebuffed multiple bids from Brighton & Hove Albion earlier in the transfer window.

Meanwhile, Clement also revealed that Royals have accepted a fresh bid for George Evans and expect the 23-year-old midfielder to leave in the coming days.

Sunderland fans are well peed off... They don't think its them. 

Not heard of anyone else in for Evans apart from us. 

9 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Sunderland fans are well peed off... They don't think its them. 

Not heard of anyone else in for Evans apart from us. 

Wouldn't be Sunderland. They'd already agreed a fee and terms with him I think but he got wind of interest somewhere else in Championship and that's where he wants to play. 

Archived