v Notts County (A) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Bit harsh.

It's not easy to tuck away chances while also putting one foot in front of the other.

At least for Nick it's not.

Nice and supportive

Well done

You must be very proud of your contribution to our club

2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Alot of good performances today! Especially first half Thomas, Bryson, Bogle and Lawrence all caught my eye. Love the passing and high press too. 4-1 , 22 players used, young and old, new and previous. Good signs. Need a proper striker and another quality CM and LB and we will be sorted.

Mount, Marriott and Mitchell, simple.

Some very encouraging signs, love the way of playing, and looks like the players do too 

Couple of points from me.

Bryson has been missed. He will be vital to the way we look to be setting up in the middle.

Bogle and Thomas are first team ready.

I also spoke to Mel Morris after the game. I like him. It was very brief but he asked me what I thought. So I told him lol.

I pointed out, for me, the youth players of Bogle and Thomas were amongst the best players in the first half, playing with some very good players.

He said that he has been telling people that for 3 years.

45 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm glad we're on the same side this season. Always like reading your posts but when I had bee in my bonnet over Rowett and you were pointing out the positives I was starting to think we couldn't be friends. 

Thankfully I don't have to grudgingly accept that Rowett can organise a defence and you don't have to point it out!! 

You can only go on what you've seen and a July game v Notts County isn't great but it's all we've got and there's no negatives to take away. Can sing while we're winning surely? 

Was just thinking the same....before rowetts tenure i was always,pretty much on the same side as 86 but last season we fell out fairly frequently and vociferously.

be good for us all to be happy clappers again and for the right reasons.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

That video is priceless! You could have warned us about the volume though; I nearly dropped my phone when it started! 

Fine on mine... guess it must be time to get my ears syringed ?

18 minutes ago, thelovebelow said:

Loved the football today. Noticed the players only tried to take one touch before passing. Really upped the tempo of our play. 

Noticed that was a particular focus of the warmup too. Clear focus from the coaching staff on that style which is good to see.

22 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm glad we're on the same side this season. Always like reading your posts but when I had bee in my bonnet over Rowett and you were pointing out the positives I was starting to think we couldn't be friends. 

Thankfully I don't have to grudgingly accept that Rowett can organise a defence and you don't have to point it out!! 

You can only go on what you've seen and a July game v Notts County isn't great but it's all we've got and there's no negatives to take away. Can sing while we're winning surely? 

Mate I'd hate to think that we couldn't be mates over footy for a start. I did post a couple of times end of season when things were at their most divisive on the forum to try explain my stance as it seemed to me that a lot of folk took my attempts to remain positive as something they weren't. I wanted stability because I genuinely feared for the club if we got shot again and brought in another manager mid-season to play the opposite way to Rowett with a roster seemingly built to play to his style. No Bryson, Martin, Butterfield and co and a plethora of CDMs. I genuinely don't think anyone 'enjoyed' our style of play last year, least of all me. There were maybe a handful of games where I thought we looked good - my thinking was that we were an 'effective' side whihc I'd venture was borne out by our form and results at the turn of the year. My issue was that I wanted folks to get behind the team for at least as long as we were in with a sniff of promotion, not undermine them from the sidelines. Perhaps it was childish of me, but I felt some of it was disloyal. It was just so depressing that there was so much negativity and I apologise if it came across that I didn't understand people's frustrations. I did but I just feel that you say your piece and leave it there. It became relentless and for me quite unpleasant at times. I'd not seen the forum so divided and angry and it wasn't a good place to be in. Whilst it's proven now that Rowett is a money-grasping, faithless ***k, he'd not shafted us for the dollar at the time and some of the abuse he and certain players were getting seemed over the top. Just my opinion!

Fast-forward a few months and Chris, Bryso and Butters are back at the club, the young'uns look like being given a chance (and taking it!) and we have a fresh outlook and a charismatic and smart gaffer at the helm. My fears were totally unfounded it seems and I can honestly say I'm looking forward to this season more than any I can recall. I don't mind if we don't tear up the league. I just want a united Derby, on and off the pitch, players and fans alike.

I know there will be snipers no matter what and I accept that, I just long for a return to the days when the bulk of fans and players alike take pride in the club and enjoyment from the game we all love. The feelgood factor we got from the world cup I want replicated at Derby. 

*sorry for the war and peace post buddy but your post struck a chord (not in a bad way!)

39 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Was just thinking the same....before rowetts tenure i was always,pretty much on the same side as 86 but last season we fell out fairly frequently and vociferously.

be good for us all to be happy clappers again and for the right reasons.

Soz Kash! I'll try not to be such a gobby t*at this season ?

First pre season game blah blah blah but lots of positives to be taken!

first half 

Roos n/a lad had nothing to do 

fozzy: 7 looked comfortable 

Pearce: 7 did what he had too solid pro 

Keogh: the same as Pearce 

boogle:8 looks a good prospect 

Ledley:8 worked well with the forwards 

Johnson:7 did well, poor passing at time

bryson:9 class pure class 

Lawrence 7: good runs 

Thomas:8 very confident young lad 

nugent:7 lost his pace abit 

When offered 2 million for Bryson I thought great deal altough he’s been one of my favourite players it’s a decent price but today just showed how important he is, won everything every second ball runs for fun! Any little mistake he jumps on it! 

Some great attacking fast football the play between Ledley Johnson Lawrence and Bryson worked wonders all moving around and very positive.

Second half

mitchell 7 not much to do 

lowe:7 got forward well

Davies: 6captain Curt a little shaky 

hanson: 6 did what he needed 

wisdom: 7 tank 

butterfield: 8 great on the ball postive forward passing. Controlled the second half 

elsnik: 7 shaky start, grew very well into the game 

Huddlestone: 7 typical classy hudds

blackman:5 feel sorry for the guy, falls over head first every time it comes near him, tries confidence knock from fans straight away doesn’t help. 

Jerome:7 did ok when needed 

Bennett:8 really impressed me, strong lost the ball won it straight back! 

Postives was obviously the good fast attacking football and the young lads all impressed didn’t look out of place! Frank looked brilliant and over looked every player even in the warm up! They all wanted to impress! Would hopefully see more of butters not getting booed, didn’t hide away from the fans at the end he came over first clapped the fans and deserves a fresh start, he did only say what we all thought about Rosetta awful game plans. 

Bring on the season 

43 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Mate I'd hate to think that we couldn't be mates over footy for a start. I did post a couple of times end of season when things were at their most divisive on the forum to try explain my stance as it seemed to me that a lot of folk took my attempts to remain positive as something they weren't. I wanted stability because I genuinely feared for the club if we got shot again and brought in another manager mid-season to play the opposite way to Rowett with a roster seemingly built to play to his style. No Bryson, Martin, Butterfield and co and a plethora of CDMs. I genuinely don't think anyone 'enjoyed' our style of play last year, least of all me. There were maybe a handful of games where I thought we looked good - my thinking was that we were an 'effective' side whihc I'd venture was borne out by our form and results at the turn of the year. My issue was that I wanted folks to get behind the team for at least as long as we were in with a sniff of promotion, not undermine them from the sidelines. Perhaps it was childish of me, but I felt some of it was disloyal. It was just so depressing that there was so much negativity and I apologise if it came across that I didn't understand people's frustrations. I did but I just feel that you say your piece and leave it there. It became relentless and for me quite unpleasant at times. I'd not seen the forum so divided and angry and it wasn't a good place to be in. Whilst it's proven now that Rowett is a money-grasping, faithless ***k, he'd not shafted us for the dollar at the time and some of the abuse he and certain players were getting seemed over the top. Just my opinion!

Fast-forward a few months and Chris, Bryso and Butters are back at the club, the young'uns look like being given a chance (and taking it!) and we have a fresh outlook and a charismatic and smart gaffer at the helm. My fears were totally unfounded it seems and I can honestly say I'm looking forward to this season more than any I can recall. I don't mind if we don't tear up the league. I just want a united Derby, on and off the pitch, players and fans alike.

I know there will be snipers no matter what and I accept that, I just long for a return to the days when the bulk of fans and players alike take pride in the club and enjoyment from the game we all love. The feelgood factor we got from the world cup I want replicated at Derby. 

*sorry for the war and peace post buddy but your post struck a chord (not in a bad way!)

No worries!! 

I never like to think that I couldn't have pint with anyone off here. I knew exactly where you were coming from with defending Rowett and whether I agreed or not I don't take my posts, your posts or even the game of football seriously enough to get to the stage some people get to where they're looking to attack a poster over the whole forum. 

The only person I have found intolerable on here is one knobber I always disagree with and he couldn't even accept a "happy New year" without arguing. The **** ***. 

I can't imagine the Rowett situation happening again. Not a split like that.

He wrongly suffered because of the way McClaren was sacked. Mac's sacking seemed to have a mixed response and Rowett came in and changed a lot quite quickly. Those that supported Mac had a lot ripped away from them and were quite angry. Rowett was always going to struggle to win them over unless he produced the football and results of Mac 1. 

You had the more chilled people who just wanted to get on with it. 

Problem was that Rowett's counter attacking style (regardless of whether there was any attacks to counter) could go aimless hoofball to deadly quick attacks from one week to the next. 

That just gave each fans ammo. One week we'd score 3 goals with 40% of the ball and the next week we'd barely get a shot. 

Rowett let popular players leave. Ince, Hughes. Ammo for the wrist slashers

But then we're 2nd in the league. Ammo for the happy clappers

Our performances always seemed to be extremes. 

Take the Fulham game for example. Now the wrist slashers would predict Fulham will pile the pressure on, Derby will get deeper and keep handing them the ball back.

The happy clappers would predict that Fulham will put the pressure on, come forward slowly, invite everyone forward and ZAP! Derby down the other end and score.

"See, 40% of the ball and 65% pass completion with only 3 players who attack. How does that have a future"

"See, 40% of the ball and in 3 passes we did what Fulham couldn't do on 500." 

... was always going to end in extreme views and point scoring.

Thankfully Rowett left and wasn't sacked. Because then the argument would rumble on. And thankfully nobody has really been able to say "told you so" because of all the things he was and wasn't (from the most promising young manager to a clueless hoofball tactician) I don't think anyone had him down as a bloke to piss off just like that after he always wanted this job and was a key player and kind of an adopted Derby lad. 

With him leaving nobody was proven right. We absolutely have a fresh start but this time it wasn't Morris pressing reset where we argue about the rights and wrongs of it. This time it was thrust upon us and we have to get a new manager. There is nothing to debate there. 

Like you said, there will always be snipers. I dunno why but you are right. But none of us can even judge this manager on his past. There's nothing for us to argue about now. So, with a few winning performances we could all be won over and united. Lets just hope it doesnt go the other way. But even if it does there's no "We should have stuck with Rowett" because that was never on the cards. 

Rowett didn't get a clean slate. Lampard has. 

UTR

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

No worries!! 

I never like to think that I couldn't have pint with anyone off here. I knew exactly where you were coming from with defending Rowett and whether I agreed or not I don't take my posts, your posts or even the game of football seriously enough to get to the stage some people get to where they're looking to attack a poster over the whole forum. 

The only person I have found intolerable on here is one knobber I always disagree with and he couldn't even accept a "happy New year" without arguing. The **** ***. 

He wrongly suffered because of the way McClaren was sacked. Mac's sacking seemed to have a mixed response and Rowett came in and changed a lot quite quickly. Those that supported Mac had a lot ripped away from them and were quite angry. Rowett was always going to struggle to win them over unless he produced the football and results of Mac 1. 

You had the more chilled people who just wanted to get on with it. 

Problem was that Rowett's counter attacking style (regardless of whether there was any attacks to counter) could go aimless hoofball to deadly quick attacks from one week to the next. 

That just gave each fans ammo. One week we'd score 3 goals with 40% of the ball and the next week we'd barely get a shot. 

Rowett let popular players leave. Ince, Hughes. Ammo for the wrist slashers

But then we're 2nd in the league. Ammo for the happy clappers

Our performances always seemed to be extremes. 

Take the Fulham game for example. Now the wrist slashers would predict Fulham will pile the pressure on, Derby will get deeper and keep handing them the ball back.

The happy clappers would predict that Fulham will put the pressure on, come forward slowly, invite everyone forward and ZAP! Derby down the other end and score.

"See, 40% of the ball and 65% pass completion with only 3 players who attack. How does that have a future"

"See, 40% of the ball and in 3 passes we did what Fulham couldn't do on 500." 

... was always going to end in extreme views and point scoring.

Thankfully Rowett left and wasn't sacked. Because then the argument would rumble on. And thankfully nobody has really been able to say "told you so" because of all the things he was and wasn't (from the most promising young manager to a clueless hoofball tactician) I don't think anyone had him down as a bloke to piss off just like that after he always wanted this job and was a key player and kind of an adopted Derby lad. 

With him leaving nobody was proven right. We absolutely have a fresh start but this time it wasn't Morris pressing reset where we argue about the rights and wrongs of it. This time it was thrust upon us and we have to get a new manager. There is nothing to debate there. 

Like you said, there will always be snipers. I dunno why but you are right. But none of us can even judge this manager on his past. There's nothing for us to argue about now. So, with a few winning performances we could all be won over and united. Lets just hope it doesnt go the other way. But even if it does there's no "We should have stuck with Rowett" because that was never on the cards. 

Rowett didn't get a clean slate. Lampard has. 

UTR

Can't argue with any of that mate. It does feel like a fresh start and I guess Frank being a newbie plays into that. No baggage, no preconceptions, just the start of a journey that could lead anywhere. It was really striking reading the match thread today. Almost like we've all been holding our breath. Couple of naysayers but I understand why some folk are wary of buying into the dream. Once bitten and all that. Folk say it's the hope that kills you but that's rubbish. It's when there's no hope that folk struggle. 

COYR

38 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's very good for the forum that Rowett went in the end. Rowett was so incredibly divisive on here, with myself being one of the strong ''Rowett out'' supporters. 

I feel thoroughly positive about Lampard. He's trying to play nice football from the back, I'm hoping the likes of Thomas, Bennett and Bogle can get a chance under him too. I feel like the fact we haven't just spunked cash around is also good for keeping expectations grounded too. 

I feel positive we'll have a good year and surprise a few people along the way.

2 hours ago, thelovebelow said:

Loved the football today. Noticed the players only tried to take one touch before passing. Really upped the tempo of our play. 

I didn’t see anything of the game but this is music to my ears. Move the ball quickly, with a decent amount of precision and you will win games. 

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's very good for the forum that Rowett went in the end. Rowett was so incredibly divisive on here, with myself being one of the strong ''Rowett out'' supporters. 

I feel thoroughly positive about Lampard. He's trying to play nice football from the back, I'm hoping the likes of Thomas, Bennett and Bogle can get a chance under him too. I feel like the fact we haven't just spunked cash around is also good for keeping expectations grounded too. 

I feel positive we'll have a good year and surprise a few people along the way.

Who are you and what have you done with @Andicis ? ?

Archived