v Notts County (A) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Notts County touch the ball 1st half?

positives:

Bogle...wow! 

Bryson....still a class act. Legs totally intact. Makes it look easy.

Thomas: Surely he will kick on this year?!

Lowe: confident, assured.

Mason Bennett...will do it this year on this display. Very quick and powerful. 

Do we really need to sign anyone? 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Can’t see he rotating between deep and a continental #8 as we tried today though 

You know more than I do  cannable but I strongly suspect that Frank will find a way for Vydra to score 15-18 goals this season. 

16 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Did Notts County touch the ball 1st half?

positives:

Bogle...wow! 

Bryson....still a class act. Legs totally intact. Makes it look easy.

Thomas: Surely he will kick on this year?!

Lowe: confident, assured.

Mason Bennett...will do it this year on this display. Very quick and powerful. 

Do we really need to sign anyone? 

It's a big call for lampard to make!

on this showing we look strong but how will they fair against a top champ side....I hope they can do the business for a full season.

id be tempted to bring in a creative midfielder and another more experienced winger to complement the younger wingers we have.

defence and gk look good. Other than that I'd like to see a striker that fits lampards style but we would need to ship vydra out and maybe nuge before I'd buy. I'd keep Jerome and Martin as they are good options that complement each other well

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Sorry if this has already been said, but can’t be assed to go back through the thread. Did we play 4-3-3?

any news on Martin, Vyds, Thorne?

Thankingtons.

??

I hope thorne isn't injured already. Two decent sets of 11 even with those lot out. 

Perhaps Thorne needs a loan this season, 6 months to prove his fitness. Hudds and Ledley are more than capable this season and will allow for Bryso and Butters to be brought back into the squad. 

Wilson + Lawrence + Bennett + Thomas seems a good mixture of youth and experience for this season also. Blackman will be a useful striker/winger filler. 

7 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Oh dear though ....Nick Blackman. Poor chap needs to go elsewhere soon. He’s just not destined to do it at Derby. 

Bit harsh.

It's not easy to tuck away chances while also putting one foot in front of the other.

At least for Nick it's not.

Alot of good performances today! Especially first half Thomas, Bryson, Bogle and Lawrence all caught my eye. Love the passing and high press too. 4-1 , 22 players used, young and old, new and previous. Good signs. Need a proper striker and another quality CM and LB and we will be sorted.

Really enjoyed today. The youngsters were the stars; Thomas, Bogle, Bennett, Lowe were all excellent. Elsnik struggled a little but still looks a player. 

But not the biggest test, Notts were poor.

Loved Bryson being back, made some runs we dearly missed last year.

A striker is a must. CJ did ok but Nuge’s legs don’t look like they can do another hard season. He did start a bounce though.

My biggest criticism must go to Lampard though. He’s put out a team that’s played attractive attacking football yet when called upon by the crowd to start the bounce he looked totally lost. Up your game Frankie!

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Pleased that Bryson did will. I’m not convinced that he’s the solution as a starter consistently but he’d be great to bring into the team for rotation in the tough winter months where we have many games in a short period.

Why?

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Good lord Bennett is strong. He just brought a sprinting Notts County player to a full stop with one arm ? 

4 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

So we've been treated to some great football and the fans there now decide to boo Butterfield and mock Blackman with chants about going on the pitch if he scores. No need whatsoever 

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Not read through , but where was Scotty ?

Slight injury so no point in risking him

Archived