v Notts County (A) Match Thread

Day

2 hours ago, cannable said:

Personally I can’t see where he’d fit in this system 

There will not be one system as frank said in his last interview.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Oh dear though ....Nick Blackman. Poor chap needs to go elsewhere soon. He’s just not destined to do it at Derby. 

The bloke added a bit of comedy value today. One chance he had he mysteriously fell to the ground and when he got up he looked to see if there was a rabbit hole there.

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

Why?

He involved in less than half of Cardiff’s games last season. I admire the bloke for his effort but he’s not robust enough to last a whole season anymore but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have an important role to play in terms of rotation

Couldn't watch the game but have just seen the goals. Judging by the thread, reports of our demise seem somewhat premature. What a surprise! Great to hear the young'uns showed up well. After that performance, a few teams looking to have us over a barrel on fees might be hastily writing down their sell prices - maybe a full on firesale and replace the lot not required. Only negative footnote is reception Butters got. No excuse for booing your own players unless they disrespect the shirt. Seems he's answering his critics (I've been one of them) in the best possible fashion. Fair play to the lad. When he's used right and on his game he's one of the most technically gifted players in the division.

COYR 

3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Didn't McClaren do something similar in Austria, a double training session first, then the match against Zenit?

Didn't end too happily.

Think he did it all summer. We had a game v Burton in midweek and the team did 2 sessions that day time. 

The idea was to test concentration  when tired he said.

Just now, Alpha said:

Think he did it all summer. We had a game v Burton in midweek and the team did 2 sessions that day time. 

The idea was to test concentration  when tired he said.

Might explain the crippling injuries 

15 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Couldn't watch the game but have just seen the goals. Judging by the thread, reports of our demise seem somewhat premature. What a surprise! Great to hear the young'uns showed up well. After that performance, a few teams looking to have us over a barrel on fees might be hastily writing down their sell prices - maybe a full on firesale and replace the lot not required. Only negative footnote is reception Butters got. No excuse for booing your own players unless they disrespect the shirt. Seems he's answering his critics (I've been one of them) in the best possible fashion. Fair play to the lad. When he's used right and on his game he's one of the most technically gifted players in the division.

COYR 

Let's be fair after being at the game today Notts County were truly awful in the first half and picked up very slightly in the second half when they brought some of their youngsters on. I don't think they touched the ball in the first half which wasn't to do with Derby's slick one touch passing but their inability to keep the ball for more than one pass and lack of desire to try to even remotely press us when we had the ball.

Pleasing result but you can't judge anything against that level of opponent today. 

14 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He involved in less than half of Cardiff’s games last season. I admire the bloke for his effort but he’s not robust enough to last a whole season anymore but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have an important role to play in terms of rotation

Don’t talk silly , when fit he played with Cardiff , Warnock knew how important he was to their team and I think if Rowett hadn’t shipped him out derby would have went up last season 

16 minutes ago, Gritters said:

The bloke added a bit of comedy value today. One chance he had he mysteriously fell to the ground and when he got up he looked to see if there was a rabbit hole there.

He is available for weddings and bar mitzvahs ?

8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Let's be fair after being at the game today Notts County were truly awful in the first half and picked up very slightly in the second half when they brought some of their youngsters on. I don't think they touched the ball in the first half which wasn't to do with Derby's slick one touch passing but their inability to keep the ball for more than one pass and lack of desire to try to even remotely press us when we had the ball.

Pleasing result but you can't judge anything against that level of opponent today. 

I can't say too much since I wasn't at the game but I'd counter that there's a fair few positives that can be gleaned even from watching the highlights. 

1) We're going to play possession based football

2) We're looking to move  the ball swiftly

3) Luke Thomas can score with either foot

4) Jayden Bogle is the attack minded FB / WB we have sorely missed

5) Max Lowe is in good health

6) Butters didn't go missing - far from it

7) Huddz has siege-gun daisycutter on him

8 The players are looking to impress Lamps

9) The boo boys were eventually silenced

10) We're going to win the league

I'm just pleased that there's a sniff of a chance that I can revert to my happy-clapper 1/4 fan former self and that's good enough for me after only 90 minutes of the new season ?

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I can't say too much since I wasn't at the game but I'd counter that there's a fair few positives that can be gleaned even from watching the highlights. 

I'm just pleased that there's a sniff of a chance that I can revert to my happy-clapper 1/4 fan former self and that's good enough for me after only 90 minutes of the new season ?

It was great to see the return of proper football with not a hint of ersatz, Rowett-style Row z it and bomb the channels. Just lovely. Swift, give and go. 

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I'm glad we're on the same side this season. Always like reading your posts but when I had bee in my bonnet over Rowett and you were pointing out the positives I was starting to think we couldn't be friends. 

Thankfully I don't have to grudgingly accept that Rowett can organise a defence and you don't have to point it out!! 

You can only go on what you've seen and a July game v Notts County isn't great but it's all we've got and there's no negatives to take away. Can sing while we're winning surely? 

I hope Curtains reads this thread because I know he’s concerned, maybe even fearful about the direction if the club at the minute but the positivity I’ve seen only confirms my belief Lampard is a brave, positive and shrewd appointment by Mel.

Yeah it was a friendly at an out of sorts League 2 club but the Lampard effect on players young and older seemed to be very much in evidence, players not only keen to impress but show they want to be part of Lamps’s vision for our future. 

Curtains, I think we’re in good hands mate and there will be a lot to enjoy this season. 

12 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It was great to see the return of proper football with not a hint of ersatz, Rowett-style Row z it and bomb the channels. Just lovely. Swift, give and go. 

Cheers my good man - I'll subscribe to your view of things if I may rather than the 'it means nothing' school of thought. I've seen us stumble awfully against lower league opp in the past so to my one-eyed, happy-clapper way of thinking, disposing of today's opposition with a minimum of fuss and a makeshift side seems immensely positive. But then, what do I know, I wasn't there! 

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Cheers my good man - I'll subscribe to your view of things if I may rather than the 'it means nothing' school of thought. I've seen us stumble awfully against lower league opp in the past so to my one-eyed, happy-clapper way of thinking, disposing of today's opposition with a minimum of fuss and a makeshift side seems immensely positive. But then, what do I know, I wasn't there! 

It was very enjoyable; the away end was bursting at the seams and the players played as if they meant it. Not like usuall pre-season friendly going through the motions. There was a lot of desire, skill, energy and I’m looking forward to the season. 

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can't help but think that if we'd signed Luke Thomas from another club, we'd all be going bonkers about that performance!

Great to see a young Derby boy doing so well!

He was fantastic

But he's not a Derby boy

23 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Proper kudos for use of “ersatz” on the forum too. That should surely trigger a bonus score of reputation points...

Archived