v Notts County (A) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can't help but think that if we'd signed Luke Thomas from another club, we'd all be going bonkers about that performance!

Great to see a young Derby boy doing so well!

Well technically we did sign him from another club ?

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Pleased that Bryson did will. I’m not convinced that he’s the solution as a starter consistently but he’d be great to bring into the team for rotation in the tough winter months where we have many games in a short period.

Bryson has brains

10 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Said all along - don't sell Vydra

Obviously it's early days for lampard, but if we are going to play the kind of fluid 433 we seem to have played today, then where does Vydra fit?  It'll be exactly like McClaren mark 2, with him either playing up front and struggling to hold the ball up, or getting stuck out wide.  Better to sell him now while his stock is high IMO.

Arsenal are having another intense training session after their game today, I’ve never seen that before. I wonder if it’s something new managers like Lampard will eventually end up doing as it means the rest day after the game can be used purely for tactical work. 

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Obviously it's early days for lampard, but if we are going to play the kind of fluid 433 we seem to have played today, then where does Vydra fit?  It'll be exactly like McClaren mark 2, with him either playing up front and struggling to hold the ball up, or getting stuck out wide.  Better to sell him now while his stock is high IMO.

Maybe somewhat wide. 

Just now, McLovin said:

Arsenal are having another intense training session after their game today, I’ve never seen that before. I wonder if it’s something managers new like Lampard will eventually end up doing as it means the rest day after the game can be used purely for tactical work. 

Didn't McClaren do something similar in Austria, a double training session first, then the match against Zenit?

Didn't end too happily.

42 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So then people who were there - pre season game and all that against league two team 

Do we have good youngsters and good experienced professionals for the season ahead ? 

I tend to think so prior to today

We do, just got back took the three grandkids to embed the Derby culture .We've got promise IMO much more pleasant on the eye .Bit men and boys ish in the first half they had a bit more of a go in the second.

Archived