Official: Jody Morris appointed assistant manager

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasn't got much chance of moving up and being the assistant at Chelsea currently.

Tone of message suggests the masterplan is to return, presumably as Frank's no 2.

Hopefully the only way that can happen is by getting us up and stable in the Premier League.

He's ready to step up, he's had all the schooling you could want, and he's Frank's buddy. Welcome to Derby Jody.

Enough about the record at Chelsea U18's though. Any competent coach would surely have won stuff there.

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

In actuality I think this might prove to be a bigger coup than Lampard himself, an excellent record as a youth coach and is very highly rated in the game. 

Are you mad ? You know Frank was being lined up to be next James Bond don’t you ? There will not be a bigger coup in football this year than Frank becoming our boss. 

That said, this is very good news. Welcome Jody, hope you get to love it here. ? 

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Are you mad ? You know Frank was being lined up to be next James Bond don’t you ? There will not be a bigger coup in football this year than Frank becoming our boss. 

That said, this is very good news. Welcome Jody, hope you get to love it here. ? 

I look forward to 3 years time.

Frank and his staff will have signed new long term deals, off the back of our unlikely Champions League qualification and FA Cup double.

Chelsea come calling, only for Frank and Co to knock the offer back having fell in love with the Rams, like most other outsiders here!

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Even though we don’t have much money to spend and an inexperienced manager anyone else feeling a lot more positive than before? Not just for next season but for the future, hopefully we will see and sign some good young talent! 

For sure Bru! This is Exciting stuff! 

59 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Great news. He will add massive value to the Club by developing youngsters who will represent the first team, and then be potential transfer targets for the bigger clubs....not until we get promoted though.

Isn't he being brought in as Asst Manager though?  When's he going to be developing the youngsters - unless they're already in the 1st team squad?  I assume the 1st team will be his focus.  Just a thought.

6 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Isn't he being brought in as Asst Manager though?  When's he going to be developing the youngsters - unless they're already in the 1st team squad?  I assume the 1st team will be his focus.  Just a thought.

You still have to develop youngsters in the 1st team squad. 

Good signing. Back to the derby way. Offensive football.

Archived