Official: Jody Morris appointed assistant manager

His record at under 18 level is exemplary. 

However, we have had no shortage of talented youngsters. Managing the step-up to senior level is the real trick otherwise your youth system is largely pointless. 

The majority of his job here will be trying to get the best out of older bodies. 

I wish him every success.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though we don’t have much money to spend and an inexperienced manager anyone else feeling a lot more positive than before? Not just for next season but for the future, hopefully we will see and sign some good young talent! 

One thing I would love to see under the new regime is a warm-up in which our players smash the ball repeatedly into the net rather than timid shots straight at the keeper and the occasional crowd shot.

I remember Malcolm Allison coming to Bristol Rovers and being amazed the players didn't know how to kick the ball properly. 

Kevin Phillips was a great striker but his training before a game looks amateurish. 

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Always thought he was a bit of a see you next Tuesday.

Any advice on how to learn to like him?

We’ve all got that mate who is (let’s be honest) a ‘see you next Tuesday’ 

If you see Jody as one or not, like that previously mentioned mate is now our ‘see you next Tuesday”.  ???

4 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

We’ve all got that mate who is (let’s be honest) a ‘see you next Tuesday’ 

If you see Jody as one or not, like that previously mentioned mate is now our ‘see you next Tuesday”.  ???

What does McGovern say about Brian Clough on that documentary?

“Not my sort of man. Not the sort I’d go for a pint with.

But work for him? I’d walk through a wall for him”. 

42 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

Was beginning to worry he wasn't coming - chuffed he is. 

I decided it would be ungentlemanly to use any of the lines which immediately sprang to mind. As you were.

Archived