Official: Jody Morris appointed assistant manager

5 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

As #CFCU18 manager, Jody Morris' teams won every competition they entered over his two seasons in charge. A treble in 16-17, a quadruple in 2017-18.

59 wins, 9 draws, 5 defeats, 223 goals, 57 conceded, 41 clean sheets.

ALWAYS Chelsea. Best of luck at Derby @morriskid. ? ?

It's a great record and I'm sure he is an excellent coach, however I don't think we should get overly excited yet. 

Chelsea collect talented youngsters like I used to collect panini stickers. Look at how many they have out on loan.

Whilst they would look to appoint a talented coach, an u18 academy coach is not in charge of youth recruitment. 

Hopefully he will be a good appointment but we have little evidence to suggest he will be exceptional.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not especially bothered about Lampard's or Morris' strong Chelsea connections. Nothing wrong with an ambition to manage a top 4 club & the only way they'd be considered for that would be to take Derby back into Europe. They'll be looking at Derby very dispassionately & as a project - I like that. We can be afford to be emotional about our club, I'd rather decision makers weren't.

Definitely see Morris' appointment as good news & only serves to confirm the emphasis on youth. Yes, senior players are vital to remaining competitive initially but the main target is remoulding the squad. Am very interested to see what he makes of our Academy & how quickly certain players (Elsnik, Guy & Lowe) are pushed into first team action.

45 minutes ago, Alpha said:

@TigerTedd 

It's not Chelsea you'd have to worry about if Lampard does well. It's West Ham first. A club at the arse end of the PL sees a former player with strong club connections doing well just a few places below them... 

But this is why it's important that Lampard builds a young hungry fearless team. We need him to follow the vision Mel set out but abandoned for the flirting of Rowett and Pearson. 

No chance he'd go back there. Their fans absoutely hate him and started the fat frank songs. He always celebrated like mad when he scored against them. It'd be like us signing kenny burns as manager because he played for us.

16 minutes ago, Colm said:

No chance he'd go back there. Their fans absoutely hate him and started the fat frank songs. He always celebrated like mad when he scored against them. It'd be like us signing kenny burns as manager because he played for us.

I need a lie down in a darkened room and bathe my temples with eau de Cologne at the thought of that.

28 minutes ago, Colm said:

Or Forest signing Nigel as manager. Which hasn't been so unbelievable since leaving us. 

I mean Nathan Tyson waved a flag in our faces and Savage was a complete tit yet we signed them and they got support.

I bet if Lampard looks a top end Champ manager and the natural move is to the PL that West Ham will look to rekindle. Stories of his uncle Arry and Frank Snr. Before you know it West Ham fans will accept that he left 200 years ago to go to a club that provided him a platform they could never match and he's "coming home"

And then Chelsea take him again after he's done well there. 

Or...

He's crap and West Ham carry on mocking him. 

Now I've got to open my bottle of Gulden Draak. Totally worth it. The Golden Dragon (in Dutch, Gulden Draak) sits on top of the Belfort in Gent - the city I was in today, and it is considered to be a good omen.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Or Forest signing Nigel as manager. Which hasn't been so unbelievable since leaving us. 

I mean Nathan Tyson waved a flag in our faces and Savage was a complete tit yet we signed them and they got support.

I bet if Lampard looks a top end Champ manager and the natural move is to the PL that West Ham will look to rekindle. Stories of his uncle Arry and Frank Snr. Before you know it West Ham fans will accept that he left 200 years ago to go to a club that provided him a platform they could never match and he's "coming home"

And then Chelsea take him again after he's done well there. 

Or...

He's crap and West Ham carry on mocking him. 

I agree with your point that if Frank did really well here then he might be wanted by quite a few prem clubs including west ham. Just don't see it being any more likely or less likely they're going to attract him given the recent negative history he had with them compared to say an Everton or Newcastle.

Also, last part of your comment, just to clarify, i'm well on board with having Frank as manager. Hopefully exciting times to come and hope he does so well that given the success we might have to worry about him being poached!

Frank hates West Ham and they hate Frank. He's far more likely to manage the national side IMO but before we start speculating on where he'll go next, perhaps we should enjoy having him here at Derby. Should he be poached at some point in the future it'll be because he was successful here and right now that's all that matters. 

PistoldPete2
14 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Good stuff. This is the man FL wants and he has a good track record with the youngsters at chelski. Welcome to Derby Jody. 

The thing that appeals is that Frank will genuinely listen to him when he says “this kid is good enough for the first team” 

i think pressures on the manager to “do anything but lose” has held back youth opportunities because they have opted to play safe.

breath of fresh air and a change of emphasis ... got to be good 

COYR

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Anybody get the feeling this guy could be what a younger Schteve was to The Bald Eagle???

You mean get us really rocking, then move on to bigger things after a couple of years, only to return some 20 years later as Manager and completely divide the forum?

Think its going to help us no end having Jody and Frank teamed up. Both are good with youth and both are exciting. Will be good to see which youth lads here they fancy and which lads from other clubs they think will improve us. Only time will tell, but......were on our way.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You mean get us really rocking, then move on to bigger things after a couple of years, only to return some 20 years later as Manager and completely divide the forum?

We will be back on Ramzone posting again then.....

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think the forum sometimes gets divided but somehow we all get through it lol. 

Archived