Worst foul you ever saw on a Derby player?

Mo Konic's reaction to the way Zamora trampled all over the young 18  year old left back on loan from Bolton (?)  would have been very interesting had team mates not got there quickly.

Unfortunately, Zamora eventually got the last laugh at Wembley.....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly off topic, but there was a home game v Newcastle in 91/92 when they had three sent off (and either Keegan or McDermott got a red on the bench too I think). Ramage netted a couple too. Total farce of a match but great entertainment at the time as I recall.

Two off the top of my head, the already mentioned Dwight Yorke on dean Yates one with that **** Collymore congratulating yorke on a career ending tackle!

and Andy Townsend on wanchope, wanchope had fallen to the floor with the ball next to him, Townsend came flying in with a two footed tackle into wanchopes chest clearly not going for the ball!

Luckily he didn't do any serious damage (which he could've quite easily), wanchope got up and swung for him and gets sent off, Townsend walks away laughing, didn't even get a warning, boro lost and we had the last laugh.

Couldnt blame wanchope though most people would have swung for him as it was clearly intentional!

1 minute ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Slightly off topic, but there was a home game v Newcastle in 91/92 when they had three sent off (and either Keegan or McDermott got a red on the bench too I think). Ramage netted a couple too. Total farce of a match but great entertainment at the time as I recall. 

They should have had another sent off but the ref bottled it as the traveling support were allerady deseating the ossie end.

3 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

It was Trevor Putney if I remember right. I think this was it but the camera man seems to have missed the orignal tackle.

Cheers for posting that but in my 13 year old mind I remembered it as Mark Wright laying the guy out!

4 hours ago, sage said:

How actually got booked in the second minute for a really bad foul on Emery then broke his leg in a horror tackle 2 minutes later.

Faster than that i think.

4 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Versus Norwich. 1988 I think. They are top at the time.

Wright was going to take his head off if he hadn’t been restrained. Some captain!

Correct

i think we lost.

P.s. Dur oh yeah someone posted the video

5 hours ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Mo Konic's reaction to the way Zamora trampled all over the young 18  year old left back on loan from Bolton (?)  would have been very interesting had team mates not got there quickly.

Unfortunately, Zamora eventually got the last laugh at Wembley.....

Jason Talbot was the leftback - about 2004?

Hated Zamora after that - he was a right petulant sod throughout the rest of that match too. Of all the players to score the winner against us at Wembley...

6 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Pat Van Den Hauwe on Ted McMinn. Absolutely horrendous tackle, intent on taking him out. He did. 

Yep I was at Spuds that day and would pick that one out, horrendous. Brilliant atmosphere in the away end that day, one of my favourite ever Rams matches...

6 hours ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Dwight Yorke on Dean Yates.

Don't know if anyone remembers Alex Fergusons interview after Yorke got sent off in a champions league for a similar tackle . He stated totally out of character and not something he'd never done before - McClaren stood behind with a look on his face that said he knew better .  Had a good chat with a few of the Villa players including Yorke in Berlins in about 94 .  They were looking for somewhere to go and followed us to the pink coconut Dalian Atkinson was very chatty and seemed a good laugh shame what happened to him .  Bosnich was singing the theme to home and away and probably wouldn't have recognized his own mother at that point . Yorke just appeared a bit of a ballbag in the hour I knew him .  The others seemed pleasant enough .

The foul by Pat van den Hauwe for Spurs at White Hart Lane against Ted McMinn that put him out for about a year just as he was going to get a call up for the Scotland squad. 

If that's already been posted apologies cba to read through the last 8 pages.

Archived