Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just spent 10 mins reading the thread on the Stoke forum. What a bunch of ducking clueless dunces, you can tell they've barely watched Championship football in the last decade.

Comments include, Vydra being players as a lone striker, Carson being dodgy as duck and Davies being a decent backup.

ducking pricks.

11 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Just spent 10 mins reading the thread on the Stoke forum. What a bunch of ducking clueless dunces, you can tell they've barely watched Championship football in the last decade.

Comments include, Vydra being players as a lone striker, Carson being dodgy as duck and Davies being a decent backup.

ducking pricks.

Yes I read what they have to say and maybe they end up doing really well but the reality should be that they are in for a big shock with everything championship related 

43 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Get your point @Mr Tibbs, but GR didn’t stiff us for a new contract only to then join Watford. 

The brass tacks on GR and Stoke if they even think we will sell at a favourable fee for any of our squad. 

No I hear ya mate, just not confident after last summers debacle. Fingers crossed if we do let any of our top guns go it's us taking the piss with the fee.

14 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

No I hear ya mate, just not confident after last summers debacle. Fingers crossed if we do let any of our top guns go it's us taking the piss with the fee.

no all Rowett did was stiff us for a new contract in Jan to go to toke in May lol

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Yes I read what they have to say and maybe they end up doing really well but the reality should be that they are in for a big shock with everything championship related 

Sound like typical fans of a club that's not been in this division recently don't they - know nothing about the players they're linked with, and expect they'll splash a bit of cash and steamroller the division. Perhaps they should have a chat to a few Villa fans.

In standard fashion, I fully expect them to lose away to Bolton first game of the season and already be calling for the managers head by September.

Must must be a happier player knowing Frank is coming in. I don't see Lampard playing ultra defensive. He's a guy who knows you need to score to win games and you do that best by playing the leagues leading scorer! 

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 23:54, Aries Sun said:

He's going to be sold shortly.

I've read somewhere on the internet that Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday in the first place; and also DCFC and Aston Villa depending on their Play off results, would have to provide evidence to the EFL over the summer that they are taking steps to bring their accounts into line and reduce losses significantly for the next accounting period which includes projections for season 18/19 accounts.

With a likely £2m FFP loss posted in 16/17, that doesn't look very likely to me.

On 29/05/2018 at 02:27, Aries Sun said:

I just speculated that the club is at the verge of breaking FFP rules, so they'd sell first their most sellable asset.

Let’s see who goes, but I hope that it’s not a typical Derby County fire sale. If Vydra goes it should reflect his true value

3 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I sure Frank if he comes will have agreed with Mel that he has a big say in who is brought and sold.

If thinks he needs Vydra he will stay if not he'll go. This will be the same for all of our players.

Not sure it will be totally up to either, if Vydra's head is turned it might be as well to let him go.

Doesn't seem to be much going on with this at the moment - internet speculation values him at £8-9m and (based largely on betting odds) points to Bristol City of all clubs being favourites, if they sell Bobby Reid that is.  Notable mentions of West Ham, WBA, Stoke and Swansea.  Seriously WBA or Stoke given his previous history and Rowett's refusal to start him respectively? I wouldn't rule out an international move.  Would really hope for a bigger fee but not sure who's going to pay it.

13 hours ago, Rample said:

Not sure it will be totally up to either, if Vydra's head is turned it might be as well to let him go.

Doesn't seem to be much going on with this at the moment - internet speculation values him at £8-9m and (based largely on betting odds) points to Bristol City of all clubs being favourites, if they sell Bobby Reid that is.  Notable mentions of West Ham, WBA, Stoke and Swansea.  Seriously WBA or Stoke given his previous history and Rowett's refusal to start him respectively? I wouldn't rule out an international move.  Would really hope for a bigger fee but not sure who's going to pay it.

There aren't actually that many options. In this division I doubt rowett would come in for him given the tail end of the season. WBA Had him and he flopped there so unlikely, which leaves Swansea who do need to replace Tammy Abraham so could be an option. 

Then your looking at the bottom end prem where he's had a go before and not done it, so anyone of those teams would be taking a big gamble. 

Im not sure we're going to inundated with offers despite him being golden boot winner and a talented player

Yes I tend to agree  that there are limited destinations for him, Fulham maybe as he played successfully for thier manager or possibly Swansea who seem to have no one currently with an outside chance of your Newcastle or West Ham types 

but in an ideal world I would still like to see him partnering chris Martin up front with Jerome of the bench because all my watching of football tells me that would be a great combination 

Archived