Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

I don't like to say that a good player can't play in certain formations. An intelligent and skillful player with the right coaching could well be capable of playing in any formation.

Im a huge Vydra fan but he has shown under Pearson, McClaren & Rowett that he is ineffective if not played in the right formation. Similar to Martin in the 433, can only play 1 way but doesnt make them a bad player

All interviews ive seen from Lampard & Morris I cant see use sticking with 4231, if do then keep Vydra, if we dont then sell whilst we can recoup our money back plus more on top.

PistoldPete2
22 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Forest are making annoyingly good signings. They may be contenders as Karanka is a clever guy. 

Forest contenders for what? Promotion? Are you serious?

15 hours ago, SlamBamRam said:

I'm foooking sick of reading press articles where various managers are signing Vyds for £7m.  If Mel can't get £12m for a 26 year old with 20 + goals and the golden boot for the Championship, then a fool and his money are quickly parted. There may be mitigating circumstances around FFP but a business man of his stature should not be pushed over by Wannabees like the hunts from Leeds!

I'm like you and can't stand reading those types of articles. 

So I don't.

Forest Just taking a gamble like wolves. Wolves found a gem in Neves - Doesn't mean that forests signing will be too. Could be class or could be utter garbage. The championship is completely different to the Portuguese league. Lets see how good they are at Blackburn away on a Freezing Tuesday night in December....

41 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Forest Just taking a gamble like wolves. Wolves found a gem in Neves - Doesn't mean that forests signing will be too. Could be class or could be utter garbage. The championship is completely different to the Portuguese league. Lets see how good they are at Blackburn away on a Freezing Tuesday night in December....

To be fair, Wolves didn't "find a gem" in Neves - he had already captained Porto in the Champions League and had interest from some of the top clubs in Europe.

That deal was exploitation of Fosun's relationship with Jorge Mendes. 

Forest's signing is a far bigger gamble (I know the other signing, the loan is with a view-to-buy but unless they're committed to buy regardless its not really a gamble).

And that's not me being negative just because its forest - its just a flat-out unknown and is 100% a gamble. Could work out amazingly for them.

Back to Vydra though - Nixon has been implying that we value Vydra highly (which we all assumed to be the case anyway) so its unlikely he'll be sold for that £7m figure the cynics have been talking about as if it had already happened.

41 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

They're still very different. Neves had played nearly 100 times for Porto, captained them in a Champions League match & had been capped by Portugal numerous times. Carvalho hasn't even played 10 times for Benfica. 

It's not to say this young lad isn't good, he probably is, but I don't think you can compare him to Neves. Helder Costa, maybe, but he had a relatively successful spell at Monaco before joining Wolves. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

To be fair, Wolves didn't "find a gem" in Neves - he had already captained Porto in the Champions League and had interest from some of the top clubs in Europe.

That deal was exploitation of Fosun's relationship with Jorge Mendes. 

Forest's signing is a far bigger gamble (I know the other signing, the loan is with a view-to-buy but unless they're committed to buy regardless its not really a gamble).

And that's not me being negative just because its forest - its just a flat-out unknown and is 100% a gamble. Could work out amazingly for them.

Back to Vydra though - Nixon has been implying that we value Vydra highly (which we all assumed to be the case anyway) so its unlikely he'll be sold for that £7m figure the cynics have been talking about as if it had already happened.

Now there are a load of players we would happily sell for thier purchase price namely Johnson Butterfield Anya Blackman ( shakes  head sadly) but not Vydra he should be well within the £12-16 million range or just play him with Martin to pass the ball to him correctly 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

They're still very different. Neves had played nearly 100 times for Porto, captained them in a Champions League match & had been capped by Portugal numerous times. Carvalho hasn't even played 10 times for Benfica. 

It's not to say this young lad isn't good, he probably is, but I don't think you can compare him to Neves. Helder Costa, maybe, but he had a relatively successful spell at Monaco before joining Wolves. 

I think forest wil finish top 6 minimum, but that should take the gloss of lampard if he succeeds and gets us playing good football with youth and passion

At least we’re trying to put our house in order,if Forest don’t go up they are going to be bang in trouble.

We will be in a better position financially by the end of the season,Forest could be the victim of Carrillionesque financial planning...which would be a shame.

3 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Unfortunately their foreign imports did turn up on a regular basis on freezing cold away nights .

Archived