Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

2 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I think forest wil finish top 6 minimum, but that should take the gloss of lampard if he succeeds and gets us playing good football with youth and passion

I definitely wouldn't say that. I'd say they have an outside chance, but they were miles away from the likes of Preston, Bristol & Sheffield United last season. They have a massive rebuild on. 

Leeds I'd take seriously, but Forest at this stage are nothing but hot air.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I definitely wouldn't say that. I'd say they have an outside chance, but they were miles away from the likes of Preston, Bristol & Sheffield United last season. They have a massive rebuild on. 

Leeds I'd take seriously, but Forest at this stage are nothing but hot air.

That’ll be all the burnings bakeries? 

All it takes is a couple of decent runs and a signing that comes really good and any team in this division can be top 6.

If they get someone who can score 15-20 goals, forest can be right up there. Would I bet on it? No. Would I bet against it? No

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Leeds. Still trying hard for Vydra. But fair bit of work to do on valuations." - Nixon

Hope we dig our heels in on this one. You just know it would be “undisclosed fee” if it happens.

Poor Vydra, imagine topping up your tan on Skeggy beach reading tabloids that you could get sold to Leeds.

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

"Leeds. Still trying hard for Vydra. But fair bit of work to do on valuations." - Nixon

Translated to meaning that Leeds still trying to get the championship leading scorer for nowhere near our valuation

personly I wouldn’t want to give them the opportunity to enjoy his goals - could a premiership club please come in for him 

4 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Expecting Norwich interest when Maddison deal is done too.

As bad as it sounds, but I would actively be looking to engineer a deal with Norwich. It's the perfect opportunity to make decent money. They also sold their winger for £10-11m?

1 minute ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Would anyone else prefer to get a couple of million less and he go to the premier league or abroad? 

No, definitely not. We need as much money as possible from his sale, if that means Forest or Leeds then I'm all for it. 

I'm not as confident as some that he will reproduce the season he just had, purely on the basis that he's never had two good seasons back-to-back. If he doesn't get as many penalties, it also increases the amount of games that he goes without scoring which has also proved to have a massive impact in the past. Penalties this season kept him going when his head was down. I think he scored 7 in the end, perhaps 8? 

He's deadly when he gets to play in his favoured areas, but you have to build a team around allowing him to play that role.

£15m+ would be market rate for last years Championship top scorer and I'd be delighted to receive it from whoever. Thanks, but cheerio Vyds.

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I don’t know if this is legit and/or reliable, but thought i’d post it anyway 

About 12 months ago I saw Vydra in Beeston Sainsbury’s, he had an S63 merc with Czech plates but suppose could easily have changed it by now or have several cars

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Been thinking about this and (apart from Forest), I'm actually not sure I care where he goes, as long as it's for a significant fee.

Same. He's one of the top players in this league, but I think it's a perfect time to sell him. It will be very difficult for him to match his stats of last season, particularly if Frank changes the formation and play style which it looks like he will. And even if he did somehow match it, he'd be down to just a year left on his contract so we wouldn't get anywhere near as much as we can now. And it would be silly to give him an even bigger contract to get him to stay when we're trying to trim the wage bill

Archived