Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Vulcanboy said:

More dough obviously, and he could turn out to be their 'Steve Bloomer' ! 

Let's raise a toast to Matej, best thing since sliced bread. However it may turn out to be a Bloomer on our part. We may need a slice of look to get an adequate fresh replacement. Let's hope that Frank has something cooking in the oven. ??

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Let's raise a toast to Matej, best thing since sliced bread. However it may turn out to be a Bloomer on our part. We may need a slice of look to get an adequate fresh replacement. Let's hope that Frank has something cooking in the oven. ??

As in “ we shall see?!” ?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I was assuming Waghorn was bought, but yeah all square-ish with a bit saved for Jan? Although we might sell one or two 'out of contracts' then (ha ha ha!)...

Could potentially get both waghorn and maddison but i have doubts over maddison

Sad to see him go as really rated him but very pleased he's got a move to a good Premiership club - hope he gets plenty of opportunities there & takes them.

Seems a nice lad & a real confidence player. I'd have taken £2m for him towards the end of McClaren's second spell here so to get a 21 goal season & £11m out of him represents bloody good business - particularly as he has no obvious place in Lampard's formation.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Sad to see him go as really rated him but very pleased he's got a move to a good Premiership club - hope he gets plenty of opportunities there & takes them.

Seems a nice lad & a real confidence player. I'd have taken £2m for him towards the end of McClaren's second spell here so to get a 21 goal season & £11m out of him represents bloody good business - particularly as he has no obvious place in Lampard's formation.

Bit of credit due to Gary Rowett then? 

3 minutes ago, needles said:

Bit of credit due to Gary Rowett then? 

Yep - Managed to get the best out of a few players - Mostly to the detriment of others and (some would say) the team as a whole

?

Oh an apparently he was good at turning a profit (by selling our best players and then screwing us by signing them for his new club)

PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I was assuming Waghorn was bought, but yeah all square-ish with a bit saved for Jan? Although we might sell one or two 'out of contracts' then (ha ha ha!)...

I think waghorn cost less than half the Vydra fee so not all square ish at all and I think vydra wages will have been a lot more than wag horns. 

41 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Oh undoubtedly - Rowett resurrected his career after a shaky few years since leaving Watford. Made him the focal point & he responded accordingly.

Try posing the same question to RoyMac5! ?

Meh. He was lucky that Nuge & Vyds hit it off so well. Didn't really know what he'd got though did he?!

Archived