Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Has Wells even played for Burnley? ?

I think he probably wants something a bit different, especially in Europe 

Don't think he's ever started for them. I think that they would've hoped that Wells could fit in that position behind the striker, but he just isn't premier league quality. I can see Vydra fitting in that team, the combination of him and Chris Wood/vokes could be really good, a la vyds and Deeney. Don't know if vydra himself is necessarily Premier league quality, but he's got the talent and in the right system I can see him scoring a few.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

It would make more sense for him to go to burnnley than leeds or Stoke. But only if the price is right. 

Even a season loan £3 million would be acceptable ( assuming we don’t need bundles of cash) 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

How can you tell it’s Burnley? - just asking 

18:51
Matej Vydra's future
Matej Vydra is now looking set to join Burnley from Derby, according to Mirror Football’s Darren Lewis.

The Czech striker had appeared en route to Championship rivals Leeds earlier this summer but the move fell through.

But now the Clarets are close to concluding a deal for Vydra, as Sean Dyche looks to add to his strike force of Sam Vokes, Ashley Barnes, Chris Wood, Jonathan Walters and Nahki Wells.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

18:51
Matej Vydra's future
Matej Vydra is now looking set to join Burnley from Derby, according to Mirror Football’s Darren Lewis.

The Czech striker had appeared en route to Championship rivals Leeds earlier this summer but the move fell through.

But now the Clarets are close to concluding a deal for Vydra, as Sean Dyche looks to add to his strike force of Sam Vokes, Ashley Barnes, Chris Wood, Jonathan Walters and Nahki Wells.

Sorry I am past fifty now and technology passes me by - all I want from Derby county is to be entertained and win the FA cup final 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

True but a different league and if he scored 12-13 goals for Burnley then he is worth £20 million to us as other premiership teams would move for him 

He wouldn't get that many. Wood isn't exactly a run the channels type of striker, plus he's got the first touch of a baby rhino. Vydra with Barnes perhaps would work quite well, though. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

He wouldn't get that many. Wood isn't exactly a run the channels type of striker, plus he's got the first touch of a baby rhino. Vydra with Barnes perhaps would work quite well, though. 

Lots of Burnley games now that they are in the group stages of the uefa cup - be positive 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Lots of Burnley games now that they are in the group stages of the uefa cup - be positive 

They aren’t in the group stages, they still have a number of  qualification games to play yet to qualify for the group stages.

Vydra off Chris Wood in a 4-4-1-1 that Burnley seem to play. Would be a good move for all. Wish him all the best and will certainly be watching their games when on TV if he goes. 

Honestly, wouldn’t be surprised if we accept a lower bid than Leeds just because we wouldn’t be selling to a direct rival. 

19 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Vydra off Chris Wood in a 4-4-1-1 that Burnley seem to play. Would be a good move for all. Wish him all the best and will certainly be watching their games when on TV if he goes. 

Honestly, wouldn’t be surprised if we accept a lower bid than Leeds just because we wouldn’t be selling to a direct rival. 

The Burnley board all still wear black armbands to show their greif for the pennies that left for jeff hendick, I cant imagine tthem wanting tto pay £50k a week for him. He might get £50/hr. Time stats when you come on, stops when you come off. Win bonus is not having thehalf t ime Orange deducted from your pay.

While there is loads of logic to Burnley interest in Vydra, I can’t help but think this is them looking for some value. They know we really need to sell having done so much incoming business already and it’s highly likely the player will want to go as it’s a step up in leagues. 

Whats the betting they’ve offered about £7m?

Think this is the perfect deal for us. We get a good fee for a player who we would clearly rather sell than keep, and it'll cover most of our transfer dealings. We also then don't have to rue the decision if we have to watch Vydra tearing up the league and firing another team to promotion ahead of us. Presuming we get around the £11m we wanted off Leeds for Vydra...

Jozefzoon, Marriott, Waghorn, Evans - around £12.75m if reported figures are to be believed

Vydra, Weimann - £13m

Most likely a profit, although the majority of these fees are going to be reliant on multiple clauses being met. The next task would be the lower the numbers, although we'd be under less pressure to have to recoup a certain figure from our deadwood.

Archived