If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tell you what it doesnt half confuse me when im reading through a 100+ page thread and I stumble onto a merged thread full of people complaining about a new thread. Threw me for a right loop.

23 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

With the greatest of respect lads

I have no idea what Lampard would bring to Derby?

From the outside looking, the one thing you need is managerial experience, not a decent player cutting his teeth on a team pushing for promotion 

Maybe i,m wrong

Not sure promotion is the top priority next season, all the noises are of drawing back and going on a rebuild so I’m not expecting another season of win-or-bust.

I think most fans are hoping first and foremost for some entertainment and excitement after the last season, and if that is coupled with a mid table season whilst removing some financial shackles then so be it.

Is Lampard a risk? Almost certainly yes. Would I prefer him over one of the other journeymen on offer? I think so; the unknown seems more exciting than alternatives.

15 minutes ago, CONEHEAD said:

He has got Uncle Harry in the background

Is that really perceived as a positive? Terrible manager. 

Screwed up several clubs by overloading them with overpaid deadwood, and in a 35 year long career his solitary FA Cup win is his only honour of real note - but that same season is deemed to be the one which would lead to Portsmouth's demise due to overspending. I know the owners have to sanction that spending, but it overshadows the win somewhat.

Other than that he has won what is now known as League One and League Two. 

In 35 years he has had more corruption allegations than notable managerial achievements. 

15 minutes ago, CONEHEAD said:

he has got access to all the young talent at Chelsea. 

How? He left 4 years ago.... and there is now a completely different technical director, manager and coaching team. Very little room for sentiment in football and I don't see why he would be owed favours. Did John Eustace have some sort of unlimited access to Derby Under 23 players for his Kidderminster side? 

Very much doubt he has Abramovich on speed dial... no matter how much respect he has at Chelsea for his playing career. Doubt any Chelsea player past or present can phone Roman on his yacht. 

Chelsea treat loans like a business... their players will go to the club willing to pay the specified loan fee. If they want £1.5m to loan Kasey Palmer out for the season then the club who pays them £1.5m will get him. 

38 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

With the greatest of respect lads

I have no idea what Lampard would bring to Derby?

From the outside looking, the one thing you need is managerial experience, not a decent player cutting his teeth on a team pushing for promotion 

Maybe i,m wrong

Didn't Bryan Robson once cut his teeth at some poo northern club and bring them Premier League and little Brazillians?

That's what We're hoping Lampard will bring to Derby... Premier League and little Brazillians.

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Didn't Bryan Robson once cut his teeth at some poo northern club and bring them Premier League and little Brazillians?

That's what We're hoping Lampard will bring to Derby... Premier League and little Brazillians.

Consider the smoggy owned

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

All these posters from other clubs coming in and having their say.

Aren't we the bell of the ball!

I'm beginning to think other forums have a pre season break to save on hosting costs, especially Norwich.

Just now, Topram said:

Just seen him in M1 services heading back to London, he was with Jody Morris and someone else, I snook a cheeky photo of Morris but Lampard wouldn’t get of the phone!

Let’s see!!!

Just now, Topram said:

Just seen him in M1 services heading back to London, he was with Jody Morris and someone else, I snook a cheeky photo of Morris but Lampard wouldn’t get of the phone!

Lets see it then.

6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

All these posters from other clubs coming in and having their say.

Aren't we the bell of the ball!

Indeed. I really, really, really, really, really wanted to go to Boro's forum when they appointed Pullis and discuss why it was a bad move

Not!

Archived