If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

He took them from 9th to 5th in five months. Given a full season he probably would have won them automatic.

Also got Bamford scoring, which nobody else had managed to do for about 3 years. 

Not exactly a feat with that squad tbh.

1 hour ago, RedSmog said:

For what reason ?

You cant tell me u would take a chance with an ex player who thinks he knows the managerial game compared to an old hand like Pulis regardless of the type of footy?

That’s literally what I’m telling you!

Rowett’s football nearly did me in this season, so a couple of games worth of Pulis would probably be enough to finish the job. 

15 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

Not many good players became half decent managers unless they inherit organised squad. 

Reputation couldnt be more irrelevant when they take a managers job

Real Madrid and Rangers/Celtic aside

My nana could win a trophy with them

Yea seem to recall she had real potential until that bloody Rooney thing

On 24/05/2018 at 13:47, ThePrisoner said:

The profile of our club will increase with Frank in the managers seat. The level of sponsorships and deals we’d get from other companies would increase revenue too. It’s a gutsy move, but one I think will ultimately pay off. 

Ball in net is what counts at the end of the day 

Shirt sales/ revenue/ profiles dong mean poo to the fans

It feels like Christmas Eve,

My family and I are tucked up in bed, all the animals are layed quietly where they should be. There’s a small tingle running through my ‘veins’. We’ve all got our Derby shirts on. 

I cant wait to open up my phone to see the chosen one with a big grin on his face. 

Welcome to the start of your Management Career Darren Wassall ❤️

6 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

Means plenty.  Without revenue you can't buy the player to put the ball in the net .  Back in 2005 when we had not a pot to pee in we had Dean Holdsworth up front aged 39 and a goalie last seen on 1940's cinema sepia film .

12 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

4th top scorers last season and half the fan base couldn’t wait to see Rowett leave. The other 50% had fallen asleep after watching Rowettball for 14 months. 

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Think i'd rather pour a pint of cider over my head and lock myself in a room full of angry wasps than watch a whole season of Pulis football. 

I think being a football fan is mainly about - hope and pride.

As soon as the season ends you look for glimmers of hope that something will happen to make you proud next season. You look for reasons to be boast throughout the season, be it nice free-flowing football, good support, local kids coming through...all the time hoping you could be on the verge of something. 

Pulis, Pardew etc...offer the virtual promise of safety and possibly top 6.  Fair enough.

But Lampard offers the hope that things may be different.....it suddenly feels like we could really achieve something special. 

It possibly is a pipe dream...but that is what we're here for...to dream of something of a lifetime occurring... not accepting the mundanity of simply surviving and not creating any ripples to be remembered by!!

Wake me if/when he signs!

Archived