If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Di Matteo was cartaker until the end of the season & got the job by default at the end of the season because he won the champions league he was AvB’s assistant. Other than that theyve never appointed inexperiance 

You've literally provided another example in your sentence, Andre Villa-Boas only had 2 years experience when they appointed him.

Which is the same amount of experience Di Matteo had when he was appointed caretaker (MK dons and West Brom).

7 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

more exciting than a Mick McCathy or Paul Lambert though 

Don't slag them off too much though because those two are the perfect example of the type of manager you'd need to dig yourselves out of a hole if it goes tits up and you find yourselves at the wrong end of the table. The ones who can walk into a club and press the 'reset' button and go back to basics. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RedSmog said:

For what reason ?

You cant tell me u would take a chance with an ex player who thinks he knows the managerial game compared to an old hand like Pulis regardless of the type of footy?

You’ve been watching pants football for far too long. 

1 minute ago, RedSmog said:

For what reason ?

You cant tell me u would take a chance with an ex player who thinks he knows the managerial game compared to an old hand like Pulis regardless of the type of footy?

All day long.

Roll of the dice....wheraeas with Pulis you know what you are getting and it aint pretty.

3 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

You've literally provided another example in your sentence, Andre Villa-Boas only had 2 years experience when they appointed him.

Which is the same amount of experience Di Matteo had when he was appointed caretaker (MK dons and West Brom).

Don't slag them off too much though because those two are the perfect example of the type of manager you'd need to dig yourselves out of a hole if it goes tits up and you find yourselves at the wrong end of the table. The ones who can walk into a club and press the 'reset' button and go back to basics. 

Not really AvB hadnt won everything there is to win at club level as a player so the two arnt really comparable when your saying good players dont always make good managers 

Lambert etc is excatly what Derby dont need why keep jumping on the same managerial merry go round appointing the same failures? What next pardew? Moyes? Lampard is an exciting appointment  

18 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Like at stoke then?

So, if you’ve just driven past Trowel, I’d assume you’re travelling northbound, but Morris was travelling southbound, is Leicester one of those services that serve both north and southbound ? I know some are like that, ie don’t have separate facilities for both directions. ? 

2 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

I think man on the left is Chris Jones - Chelsea fitness coach.

Hang on thought the two were meant to be lampard and morriss? 

22 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Not really AvB hadnt won everything there is to win at club level as a player so the two arnt really comparable when your saying good players dont always make good managers 

Lambert etc is excatly what Derby dont need why keep jumping on the same managerial merry go round appointing the same failures? What next pardew? Moyes? Lampard is an exciting appointment  

My point about AvB is that I said you'll have to be wary of Lampard just auditioning for the Chelsea job, and you said that they don't usually appoint inexperienced managers, and I've provided AvB as an example of a time when they did. His ability as a player is irrelevant in that context.

I've also said that Mick McCarthy or Paul Lambert are the type of managers you would need if it all goes wrong and you end up near the bottom of the table with Lampard. I'm not sure if you've taken the time to read my post carefully. 

As for whether Lampard is an "exciting appointment", I agree. But if it goes wrong you'll suddenly have an appetite for a safe pair of hands and will be adverse to people with no experience. He's worth a punt, but it is still a big gamble regardless. 

He might bring fresh ideas having learnt from a succession of great managers and absorbing their tactical knowledge and methods like a sponge, or he may have learnt nothing and have no idea how to get you playing... you just don't know. 

Just from perception I reckon Lampard is going to be one of those smart tactical managers who researches opponents and always has a game plan and a Plan B, but I think Steven Gerrard is going to be one of those charismatic and motivational managers who gets players really pulling together for him and he'll get 100% effort out of people and end up punching above their weight. 

Will be interesting to see whether either of the succeeds. If Derby appointed Gary Neville when Valencia appointed him you'd probably have got very excited about this tactical genius from the Class of 92 based on his television analysis. It took 4 months of him actually being in management to completely change public perception.

2 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

My point about AvB is that I said you'll have to be wary of Lampard just auditioning for the Chelsea job, and you said that they don't usually appoint inexperienced managers, and I've provided AvB as an example of a time when they did. His ability as a player is irrelevant in that context.

I've also said that Mick McCarthy or Paul Lambert are the type of managers you would need if it all goes wrong and you end up near the bottom of the table with Lampard. I'm not sure if you've taken the time to read my post carefully. 

As for whether Lampard is an "exciting appointment", I agree. But if it goes wrong you'll suddenly have an appetite for a safe pair of hands and will be adverse to people with no experience. He's worth a punt, but it is still a big gamble regardless. 

He might bring fresh ideas having learnt from a succession of great managers and absorbing their tactical knowledge and methods like a sponge, or he may have learnt nothing and have no idea how to get you playing... you just don't know. 

Just from perception I reckon Lampard is going to be one of those smart tactical managers who researches opponents and always has a game plan and a Plan B, but I think Steven Gerrard is going to be one of those charismatic and motivational managers who gets players really pulling together for him and he'll get 100% effort out of people and punching above their weight. 

Will be interesting to see whether either of the succeeds. If Derby appointed Gary Neville when Valencia appointed him you'd probably have got very excited about this tactical genius from the Class of 92 based on his television analysis. It took 4 months of him actually being in management to completely change public perception. 

Wouldn't have touched Gary Neville with a barge pole

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Wouldn't have touched Gary Neville with a barge pole

His stock was universally very high when he went to Valencia, that was my point. Your personal opinion is anecdotal really. 

He was a complete disaster at Valencia and in four months completely destroyed any prospect of a managerial career unless he drops to the lower leagues and works his way up.... which lets face it he is never going to do because he has a huge TV contract. 

Its worthy of mentioning because if Lampard has a disastrous four months at Derby and gets sacked, then the same will apply to him. He isn't going to go and manage Leyton Orient is he.... he'll just be a TV pundit. 

Do have to question the motivation of these super rich stars if stuff gets hard, when they know that they don't need the stress because they don't need the money. Its different for a Paul Heckingbottom, because if he walks away from management he's going to need to find something else to do.... and 60 hour weeks running a pub isn't going to be much easier. 

Archived