If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, RedSmog said:

With the greatest of respect lads

I have no idea what Lampard would bring to Derby?

From the outside looking, the one thing you need is managerial experience, not a decent player cutting his teeth on a team pushing for promotion 

Maybe i,m wrong

No offence intended, but I would personally rather roll the dice with Frank Lampard than sit through one minute of Derby County under someone like Tony Pulis. 

14 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Didn't Bryan Robson once cut his teeth at some poo northern club and bring them Premier League and little Brazillians?

That's what We're hoping Lampard will bring to Derby... Premier League and little Brazillians.

For what its worth.... I think Lampard could be worth a punt.

But its still a complete gamble. Hope you have a 'break clause' which enables you to sack with 1 years compo if it goes terribly wrong. E.g. if you give him a 3 year deal and you are bottom of the league in October then you only have to pay him up for the season. And I hope you pay him the standard Championship rate instead of silly money on the strength of his playing career.

Footballing ability and managerial ability do not correlate at all. 

The only likely upside is that there will be players who choose you over other sides just because they really want to play for a footballing icon... but that only lasts so long until the latest generation hasn't heard of him.

Paul Ince from the prior generation was probably an exciting appointment, didn't do much though did he? He was pretty close to world class as a player. 

Jaap Stam was one of the worlds best defenders. It doesn't take long for somebody to go from exciting appointment to 'meh'. 

He's probably worth a punt, and it beats plucking another man from the merry go round who has been sacked 5 times already but burnt out years ago like David Moyes.

Need to be wary of the possibility that he's just auditioning for the job that he clearly dreams about, which is Chelsea... they change their managers very frequently and have shown in the past that they are prepared to appoint inexperienced managers (Di Matteo?).

I'd probably be more excited if he announced that he still felt he had enough left in his legs to do a season in the Championship as a player manager. I actually wonder whether Gerrard will become exasperated at the quality of the players at his disposal and pull on his boots next season, I wonder if a bookies will give me odds on that? 

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

It’s the services Burger King or KFC at 9pm, I’m sorry for the photo, but I can promise you it was him! 

I think the great big Burger King logo at the top is a bit of a clue

Short term fix , the Chelsea bad boys , I’m sure it seems exiting but all the , let’s get the Chelsea loans in , ? what about

the academy, what’s the point having one . If Derby have success will they stay . No . they are not black and white but 

totally blue , saying that , excited by next season prepared to give them a go , prefer them to the new leader of the clay heads 

At least I can go in the pub without my gump mates ( yes mates) always taking the p out of his footwear.

1 hour ago, David said:

Robbie Savage has spoken.

I usually switch off when r savage esq starts talking but the phrase 'Great guy, humble and when played against him a ruthless side' makes my mouth water a little. I too am starting to get a little excited; Derby County were known for being innovative back in the day so really hope we now pull this off. It must now be the worst-kept secret in football...

2 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

For what its worth.... I think Lampard could be worth a punt.

But its still a complete gamble. Hope you have a 'break clause' which enables you to sack with 1 years compo if it goes terribly wrong. E.g. if you give him a 3 year deal and you are bottom of the league in October then you only have to pay him to the following summer. And I hope you pay him the standard Championship rate instead of silly money.

Footballing ability and managerial ability do not correlate at all. 

The only likely upside is that there will be players who choose you over other sides just because they really want to play for a footballing icon... but that only lasts so long until the latest generation hasn't heard of him.

Paul Ince from the prior generation was probably an exciting appointment, didn't do much though did he? He was pretty close to world class as a player. 

Jaap Stam was one of the worlds best defenders. It doesn't take long for somebody to go from exciting appointment to 'meh'. 

He's probably worth a punt, and it beats plucking another man from the merry go round who has been sacked 5 times already but burnt out years ago like David Moyes.

Need to be wary of the possibility that he's just auditioning for the job that he clearly dreams about, which is Chelsea... they change their managers very frequently and have shown in the past that they are prepared to appoint inexperienced managers (Di Matteo?).

Di Matteo was cartaker until the end of the season & got the job by default at the end of the season because he won the champions league he was AvB’s assistant. Other than that theyve never appointed inexperiance 

Agree good players dont always make good managers 

Deschamps, Zidane, Pep, Conte, Blanc, Simione, Capello, Daglish, Beckenbauer, Anchelotti & Cryuff all did all right though

Its a gamble could be the next Pep could be another Paul ince more exciting than a Mick McCathy or Paul Lambert though 

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So how will Noorwich do next season? #likeIcare

? 

To be honest though, @NorwichLad generally speaks a lot of sense. Welcome any time for me. Very knowledgeable and pretty even handed. I like to hear an outsider's perspective. Good mate who is a Blackburn fan just messaged me, simply... 'Lampard? WTF'. 

PistoldPete2
19 minutes ago, Topram said:

Just seen him in M1 services heading back to London, he was with Jody Morris and someone else, I snook a cheeky photo of Morris but Lampard wouldn’t get of the phone!

which M1 servies? leicester Forest GAte? More details please.

Archived