If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by Day

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my concerns for Lampard, besides his inexperience, is the fact he’s never played the game regularly at our level.

That can go one of two ways. Either he raises the standards to levels our players have never been exposed to, or he will lack the fundamental understanding required to motivate and coach players at this level.

Can he get inside the head of players that lacked the drive to make it to the top? Can he distinguish between players that can’t follow and players that won’t follow instructions?

Take Weimann and Butterfield as two examples. Weimann is clearly a motivated athlete who would run to moon and back if asked to, yet he can’t kick a football properly. Butterfield has the calm and passing accuracy of classy midfielder, but no cutting edge or killer instinct - does he lack these, or is it untapped? 

Players find themselves playing in the second tier for one of two reasons; either they have found their level due to limitations, or they have unfulfilled potential. Different skill set required to work with these players over elite level players. Did Lampard himself require any extrinsic motivation in his career, or was it all within himself?

He’s got a lot to learn. If this appointment happens, its success will be determined by how hard the fans are on him when the  honeymoon period is over - and how hard he is on himself.

One thing I found interesting from that article was him saying that Ancelotti was the best motivator/man manager he's worked under. Something that (twas rumoured) Paul Clement was properly poo at. 

So was Clement just a numbers man to help balance Ancelotti's style?

Anyway, your daily update that I remain excited about Frank Lampard. 

2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Still nothing?

Getting seriously bored of waiting now. 

GET IT DONE!

Just now, alexxxxx said:

how long was it drawn out before it was known ipswich didnt get him? ?

I'm sick of seeing the word 'poised! How long can he stay poised for?

He'll get a bad back!

1 minute ago, alexxxxx said:

how long was it drawn out before it was known ipswich didnt get him? ?

Not very. I think the realisation they were in different minds regarding his value happened quite early in the interview process. He never even became bookies favourite, I think he was 3rd fav at one point. 

33 minutes ago, Duracell said:

One of my concerns for Lampard, besides his inexperience, is the fact he’s never played the game regularly at our level.

That can go one of two ways. Either he raises the standards to levels our players have never been exposed to, or he will lack the fundamental understanding required to motivate and coach players at this level.

Can he get inside the head of players that lacked the drive to make it to the top? Can he distinguish between players that can’t follow and players that won’t follow instructions?

Take Weimann and Butterfield as two examples. Weimann is clearly a motivated athlete who would run to moon and back if asked to, yet he can’t kick a football properly. Butterfield has the calm and passing accuracy of classy midfielder, but no cutting edge or killer instinct - does he lack these, or is it untapped? 

Players find themselves playing in the second tier for one of two reasons; either they have found their level due to limitations, or they have unfulfilled potential. Different skill set required to work with these players over elite level players. Did Lampard himself require any extrinsic motivation in his career, or was it all within himself?

He’s got a lot to learn. If this appointment happens, its success will be determined by how hard the fans are on him when the  honeymoon period is over - and how hard he is on himself.

These players are second tier but your missing the point that it’s all relative ,, elite level players are playing against other elite level players ,,, the question is can lampard motivate and coach these second tier players to reach their personal bests on a reasonably consistent basis and for me that takes the same qualities as getting elite level players to produce they’re personal best stuff consistently 

Just now, Parsnip said:

I'm sick of seeing the word 'poised! How long can he stay poised for?

He'll get a bad back!

ive searched frank lampard so much in twitter today it's probably alerted the anti-stalking unit of the met

Just now, Barry_Scubbs said:

i cnt believe people are up for this hes  never managed b4

Or ever even met anyone quite like b4

2 minutes ago, Barry_Scubbs said:

1 minute ago, archied said:

Or ever even met anyone quite like b4

b4's job is to be the motivator and manager - not be the managed

clarkeram7
1 minute ago, Barry_Scubbs said:

Thats the excitement ?? one thing you can't doubt is that he's worked with the very best(Ranieri, Redknapp, Mourinho, Ancelotti etc) and will have plenty of people around him helping him! 

Someone has to take the first chance on him! There's not many better out there in my opinion, no one really stands out. I don't fancy any of those managers who have circled the bottom 6 of the premier league and the better ones in this league such as Dean Smith hasn't ever actually won anything. Once more it's all potential ? 

Archived